“Not so great, but we made our own fun.”

and 1 more site!
Parliament Resort (Gay Male Only)
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I will start with, sheets and towels were clean, room was kept clean. Now.....no dresser in room had to live out of our suitcase. The bathroom was so small your knees could hit the wall if you sat. We had to squeeze by the toilet to get in the shower. One window blind had no wand to open and close it. The pool area is nice and although it is surrounded by chairs, unless you put a towel on it in the middle of the night you couldn't get one. We were never told they sold some beer etc there and when we asked for a liquor store, they sent us out to one. The bill was about $50-$70 more than we thought it would be. It is what it is for what the place is, but I don't see a return trip in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank twoguys2011

Reviewed 13 May 2014

this palce is pretty cool.....but it is what it is! if your looking for 5 star accomodations this place probably isnt for you...this is for the fun seekers and permiscuous folk......lots of places to play or just hang and converse.....the rooms are terribly out dated and a bit dirty ....so i suggest housekeeping take a cleaning class lol. the beds are ok but all in all i like it here....there was one gentlemen ( tall black guy with a doo rag) working the desk when we checked in....this was the second time he checked us in and he is never very friendly....infact he is kinda rude! doesnt seem to want to be bothered.....probably shouldnt be your evening check in person as i suspect he will come in contact with most of your guests. but all in all this place is fun and worth the money...though some upgrades to the plaza would make it SOOOOO much better....i stayed in the back top row and i do have to say by the bathroom there were a ton of dead lady bugs lol and alot of dirt...so again some work needed with your housekeeping team! still love this place though.

Room Tip: everyone that likes places like this knows what to expect.....but hey your not here for the accomada...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank John E
Reviewed 24 September 2013

i stayed here with a group of 6 guys. We were in rooms 7 and 8. It was awesome. Not alot of guys were here but we all left happy and satisfied. This was my first time here as well as 2 others in the group. I had alot of first time experiences here. I will surely be back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank meathandler
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A AAA 4 Diamond or Forbes 3 Star Resort & Spa it isn't~ nor does it claim to be from what I've seen of their marketing efforts on their website and collateral. However, consistent with its modest nature the price point is also quite low and provides an exceptional value with plenty of on site unique offerings and amenities catering very specifically to this market, and all of it is included- no "extra charges" surprising you upon departure. I also liked the fact that rates are inclusive of tax, nice touch.

That said, expectations based in reality will almost certainly be met or exceeded. Anyone expecting a "luxury getaway" where they will enjoy pampering in-suite will be profoundly disappointed. If you're looking however to get away and let your hair down while letting go of all inhibitions and letting it all "hang out", literally- then this place is for you.

Expect guests to be on average in their 30's to 50's and many choices of venues to "play", both indoors and out with hardware and equipment to use just like you see in the movies. Staff that I encountered were all quite nice, friendly and helpful providing me as a first timer directions, suggestions and an explanation of the layout of the resort and the locations of the various play areas. The young man that welcomed us recently was very welcoming and helpful- immediately making us feel quite comfortable and gladly opening the adjacent "package" store so that I could purchase some cocktails for my partner and I to enjoy and assist us to "loosen up". Unfortunately I don't recall his name but he was a young black man with long hair who demonstrated strong hospitality skills that were exceptional and a very pleasant surprise upon our arrival as the first impression, or "curb appeal" initially was quite startling, (even "scary" actually- so much so that I didn't think we'd be staying tuntil we passed through the walled entrance into the "compound" of the resort where we were quite relieved.)

This past week was our first stay as we stumbled upon it for a one night stay in route to our summer home in VT from FL and we'll hopefully be heading back for Labor Day weekend-next week. That is "if" we can get in! It's especially nice to see a place like this in Georgia down south where you wouldn't expect it and it's also awesome that the owners are gay and seem to be quite involved and committed to continued improvements and enhancements- Congrats, reinvesting and long term thinking will bode you and the property well in the years to come, keep it up!

Room Tip: Most activity in rooms 1 - 10 near pool and the "maze" and also near hot tub & outdoor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank biz_leisure_Travel91
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The only thing I think it has going for it is the pool. The pool is quite nice. Other than that, there is really not much to this place at all. The rooms are dirty and old. Nasty old trolls are everywhere and they follow you around like a puppy and refuse to take a hint no matter how obvious you make it that you're not interested. Don't use the steam room unless you're trying to kill yourself. It's a breeding ground for all kinds of diseases. I'm surprised the health department hasn't ordered them to close it. I was definitely unimpressed by it and most likely, would not go back.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank scbeachguy94
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We spent Sat/Sun on our way back home to Jacksonville from Atlanta. The staff was friendly, Miss June is a character with a great attitude. The room was clean, very reasonable rates and it was a safe, secure place to enjoy ourselves. The common areas are a lot of fun. Even though it was a cold week end and only saw maybe a dozen cars over night we still had a great time. Several handsome bearish men not just pretty boys. Looking forward to a trip back and possibly a trip during the bear event.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JaxBears
Reviewed 8 March 2013

first of all MISS JUNE is so wounderfull she makes everyone welcome...I first stayed in december of 2006 for tow weeks had the time of my life.in albany georgia way down south we have nothing for gay people.the Parliament resort is like a whole new world to me and my friends.the staff,the rooms,the cleaning staff, the owners,every thing perfect.we always go every year in december and always have a wounderfull time...we are going this year in june and i no its going to be alsome...yes its a older place.but its wounderfull...if your looking for a place to have the time of your life.come to the Parliament resort.you will not leave unhappy.i found my husband there in 2007 we have been with each other for five years...so you never no what you will get into or find ,just enjoy.and have the time of your life.and make sure you see MISS JUNE ....Or as i call her mom......she will make you so welcomed ....we well always make the Parliament resort are home away from home.....JEWELS ALBANY GEORGIA MARCH ,08,2013

Room Tip: its all about what you wont to pay for...the ground floors are the best....
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo