“Best Hilton ever!”

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Lakeland, Florida
“Best Hilton ever!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Home2 Suites is the best hotel concept I've experienced in a moderate priced hotel. The staff is well trained, the hotel is clean and modern, and the bed was really comfortable. Do yourself a favor and check the other cities Home2 Suites are in and try one for yourself!

1 Thank usandy
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
I must say that every team member who has read your comment came away smiling ear to ear. We completely agree with you. If you haven't tried a Home2 Suites, treat yourself and do!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Carrollton, GA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Friendly staff, nice accomodations, good breakfast, wonderful pool, fire pit, and putting green. Wonderful value for price. Lay out of suites very user friendly. I will definitely stay at Home2Suites my next trip and I would suggest you do as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for the great compliments and the sales pitch to everyone else to give us a try. I would agree with this traveller. If you haven't tried Home2 Suites by Hilton you are missing out.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was my 2nd stay while my son is at Fort Gordon. I got a text Saturday morning asking me to contact about my reservation for that night. They had some rooms go out of commission and wanted to give me some options. Having stayed in April I was not going anywhere else so I got 2 rooms which pleased my teenage son!! This is located within a couple miles of the August Mall and several other strip malls for shopping, eating out and a movie theater close by and only about 10 minutes from base. The kitchen amenities are second to none!! Only issue we have ever come across is the Wi-Fi being extremely slow at times and when we got a work around for the x-box and the user license agreement it kept getting disconnected. Not enough to stop me from staying again just very frustrating. Staff was always pleasant and helpful. I did have money I left in the room on the counter that was gone after housekeeping came through. It was not much and I believe they thought I had left it for a tip but when I mentioned it I never did hear anything back from the housekeeping supervisor. I love the gym and having a grill on site with laundry available. This will be my go to place when I am in Augusta!!

1 Thank ProudArmyMomof2
We love it when we can impress people like yourself time and time again. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I checked with our housekeeping department and the housekeeper did think you left that out as a tip. I apologize for the confusion and look forward to making it up to you.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Now this is what a hotel should be for the business traveler or a vacationing couple or family. It was wonderful to be able to have a meal and not eat off of paper! (Business travelers know what I mean)! The furnishings, layout and kitchen amenities made for a comfy trip away from home! And it's pet friendly!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
The china we use is meant to do two things. 1. Cut down the amount of trash we are sending to the landfills 2. Show you as a guest that we want your experience to be the best it can. We hope you come back and stay with us again.
Atlanta
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After reading many reviews, I chose this hotel when in Augusta last weekend. Overall, my husband and I were very pleased with the hotel. It's in a good location with a shopping center very close by with a Target and other stores, and there is a movie theatre right across from Target. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained and the staff is friendly. In fact, on our way out, one of the housekeeping staff smiled and thanked us for staying there ( have never had this happen before and thought it was very nice). The rooms are well-maintained and stocked with "real" dishes, a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee-maker. The breakfast is free, as advertised, and is pretty good. It's a serve-yourself and you can make a waffle, fix cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, orange juice, and they have regular milk and fat-free milk. There is ample seating in the lobby area or you can take the breakfast to your room. The hotel is pet-friendly and there were a number of dogs on leashes but all were well-behaved. They do allow smoking right outside the front door and there is a small covered area, as well as some couches to sit on (we don't smoke but used to, so I still notice when a hotel is nice enough to provide a place for smokers).The only complaints we had was that the shower water ran out into the bathroom floor (which I reported on check-out) and the walls seemed to be exceptionally thin. We heard LOTS of guest noise coming from the hallways and from the rooms close to ours (some of this could be alleviated if people were more courteous of others!!). We also heard a lot of plumbing sounds with running water. But, the hotel is located far enough off the road that there are no traffic sounds and I found this to be a plus. Overall, it was a good stay and somewhere I would definitely stay again. On a side note, I asked at check-in about any available discounts and received 20% off our stay with my AARP card.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and heard a lot of noise from other guests, both from overhead (footsteps...
1 Thank travelgirl0056
Thank you for such a kind and detailed review. We are very proud of our hotel and take great ownership of it. You are correct, people need to remember their apartment days and try be a courteous as possible to the other guests.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our first visit to the Home2 Suites and I must say that it was one of the best experiences we have had in a long time. We stayed for 6 nights and were very pleased with the room layout and how it felt like a mini "home away from home" with all of the conveniences you could ever want in a clean modern setting. The hotel staff was friendly upon check-in and were very helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was very good each morning with a variety of choices and the staff worked extra hard to keep area clean and replenish items as needed. We even left some clothing items behind and Katelyn and her Manager went above & beyond their duty and were kind enough to ship back to me at no additional charge. Cannot say enough about the great customer service that I received here and will definitely be on the lookout for Home2 Suites when travelling again. Highly Recommend!!

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter further from ice machine/elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kstatehoops52
Rolf H, General Manager at Home2 Suites By Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for entrusting us with your stay of 6 nights. We do work very hard to make sure that everyone has a wonderful time and enjoy getting to know guests like yourself over extended lengths of time.
Nashville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent location. Excellent staff that made you feel right at home. Pets welcome and the pet area was clean and doggie bags furnished. The decor was outstanding and made you feel cozy. Rooms great with everything u need. Would definitely stay again if in the area

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am glad you loved it because we love working here. All of our staff members truly enjoy their jobs and take pride in what they do.