“Not Worth the Visit”

Ranked #334 of 500 Restaurants in Augusta
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have enjoyed many dinners at other Applebees especially appetizers but the trips (3) my family and friends have all been disappointing. Dining room is very noisy, clientell does not appear to respect other diners and management makes no effort to improve atmosphere

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Way too crowded with tables. Food is pretty good, but atmosphere is not very good. I don't like the feeling that they cram as many tables in as possible to maximize profit. I want room for a good dining experience.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Everything was great. Food is always good and the staff is friendly and always on point. Managers were always visible and made sure everything met expectation.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

The atmosphere here is nice and they have outdoor seating. They have a pretty good bar and our waitress was personable and efficent. The food is so-so at best. I have heard that very little of the food is actually prepped fresh at the restaurant and it showed in the quality. You would do better going to Ruby Tuesdays or Fatz right across the street.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We were in the middle of a house renovation and wanted something fast for dinner, but not your typical "fast food". I had read that you could order on the phone from Applebee's and they would just bring it to your car when you drove in.

I ordered the shrimp and chicken combo and my wife ordered the five cheese penne pasta...both off the "two for twenty" menu, that came with an appetizer.

For the appetizer we chose the spinach and artichoke dip that came with chips.

On thephone, they asked me the type and color of my car so that when I drove in and parked at their designated parking spaces, I only waited about one minute in the car and the server was there with my order. Another minute, and my charge card was processed and I was returning home.

The appetizer would have been better with focaccia bread instead of the chips, but there was a generous helping of both and the dip was very good...and still warm after the return trip home. So was the chicken and shrimp in which I had substituted mashed potatoes. The chicken, which was cuttable with a fork, was marinated and spiced very well and the mushrooms and onions on the side added to the dish.

My wife's pasta was also done very well, although she should have asked for a bit extra sauce. We both enjoyed what we ordered and will be back again.