“Good Deal and Nice Place”
Review of West Bank Inn

West Bank Inn
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, GA
“Good Deal and Nice Place”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed one night in July, our second visit. It is a nice place, clean, up-to-date and a bargain.
Our room was relatively close to the very busy street, but we were not bothered by excessive noise. Beds were comfortable and the shower pressure was especially strong. It's not the Ritz, but it is a good deal.

Room Tip: I'm not sure they have an elevator. It is a two story, so I'd specify a ground floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed 16 July 2013

West Bank Inn is very good place in its category -- an off-highway motor inn, with two floors, all entrances at outside/exterior of the building, basic rooms/amenities but clean and comfortable.

What really sets this place apart is that the property is family-owned and well-managed, with a strong focus on customer-satisfaction and *reasonably priced.*

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is such a bargin. It is clean and in a safe neighborhood. There are many restaurants to choose from that are near by. The flower boxes make an attractive extra. We were not bothered by the street noise as others have said. We could hear others talking in next door rooms. For a single night stay you can't beat it. Breakfast was above average.

Room Tip: Reserve a ground floor room. No elevator. Call for reservations early. The night we stayed they were...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Eagan, MN
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Booked this hotel based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Awfully good value for the money - very pleasant front desk - clean and quiet, although just a bit shopworn. A bit hard to get to, but we will definitely return. Breakfast was more than adequate - and nice to know it is family-owned. Lots of restaurant options a short drive (or walk) from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
David J, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that our place is a good value for your money. This property is indeed family owned and we take pride in trying our best to serve our guest. Thank you for your support. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Will stay here again on my next trip to Augusta! Jennifer was sweet and even offered to let me stay in my room until noon if I needed. Breakfast was an assortment of fruits, pancakes, breads and lots of goodies. When we arrived I had intended on going to the Krispy Kreme for breakfast. After seeing what they had, I didn't want to! Bed slept good and room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
David J, Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for letting us know that your had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, and thank you for the nice compliment We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. If you do come back, we will get some hot doughnuts in the morning for breakfast.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Absolutely wonderful experience, Courteous considerate staff from check-in (David) to check-out (Jennifer). I arrived rather late. Maybe it was the grey hair that touched Mr. David's heart. He made sure I got a first floor room close to the front. I mentioned to Ms. Jennifer that I was waiting for a telephone call to tell me what my next stop was and I hoped it came by check-out. She told me she could give me a 12 noon check out. Wow, she took the initiative to offer. Initiative is an impressive quality in young people today. The room was sparkling clean and comfortable. No cigarette smoke or other unpleasant odors in the air. Cleaner than clean and everything worked as it was suppose to. I've stayed in more expensive hotels that that was true of. Ms. Rosa came out to water the beautiful plants along the walk and at the gazebo and was a pleasure to talk to. I am a caregiver to a 97-year-old and this was my first getaway night. I felt well cared for by this staff. I also enjoyed the breakfast items. Plan to return there my next getaway night. Thank y'all,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
djeng0007, General Manager at West Bank Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay. We believe our guests deserve good service, so we always do our best to make sure their stay are as comfortable as possible.

It is so kind of you to mention two desk clerks in your review. I will pass on your comments to them. I am sure they will be encouraged by it.

We look forward to your visit again
Nashville
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I would have never booked this place without the positive reviews on TA. They were correct. Older hotel, yet extremely clean. Staff was very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was standard "free breakfast" fare. Location was right off the interstate with many choices of places to eat. The only negative was the late night Karoke Night. (There were some really bad singers). It was loud as we went up to the room, but once we shut the door and turned the fan to run continuously, we couldn't hear it and slept well.
I would stay here anytime I am passing through Augusta and need a place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family