“Ramshakle of a B&B - the word 'grotty' is being way too kind!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Queen Anne Inn

Queen Anne Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Augusta B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ramshakle of a B&B - the word 'grotty' is being way too kind!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the duplex just down the road from the main house for one night during masters week - we will never stay at this place again and would advise other travellers to take notice of some of the not-so-nice comments on here. I have travelled extensively (Australia, New Zealand, the UK etc) and this would have to be the WORST B&B I have ever stayed in - believe me, I've stayed in quite few B&B's.

We paid $400 for one night for what can only be described as a run-down pit! Try getting accommodation during masters week in Augusta - it's very difficult! I wouldn't have paid $20 for this place, let alone the extortionate amount we were charged - massive exploitation by the owners trying to make a QUICK FAST BUCK! We had only been in the place for 20 minutes when one of the owners decided to go up on the roof crashing and banging etc When I asked him what was going on he said the roof was leaking - I told him at $400 a night I'd expect the roof to keep the rain of our heads!

To say this place was run-down is being WAY TOO KIND! Don't let the owners pleasant demeanour fool you either - when we checked out the next day they got very aggressive and said that we had cheated them out of money! We had paid for one night for what was an extremely uncomfortably and unpleasant stay - the owners even had the gall to take took photos of my wife's licence plate and threaten us in calling the police. We had originally planned to stay for three nights, but one night here was one too many. My wife mentioned that the place had a blocked sink when we left and they suggested WE should have tried to unblock it ourselves - black grimy sludge was everywhere! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea - we'll give you $400 and unblock your dirty grimy sinks for you too! JOKERS!

Take notice, if you're stuck for accommodation in Augusta - stay away from this place! You'd have more comfort in one of the many derelict buildings that surround this ramshackle of a so-called bed & breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oakville, Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Val is darling! She was so friendly, helpful and accommodating. We were traveling with 3 kids aged 1, 7 and 18. The third floor with three bed rooms was perfect for us. It was a beautiful space that needs a bit of TLC and a good cleaning but it wasn't the kind of ick you would walk out of a hotel for - more like the day to day dust of your own home. I loved the charm and feel of being in my own home - sitting at the kitchen table with the baby playing at my feet at 6am while the rest of my family sleeps in their own room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

My stay at the Queen Anne Inn was delightful. It's a beautiful house with immaculate decor and that homey feel that hotels don't have. The service was excellent and I nothing was dirty or grimy, as I'd read in other reviews. The room I stayed in was charming and sweet. The kitchen area is a lovely day room with windows all around and a really nice place to have breakfast (which was included). I can't wait to take my fiance there for a weekend. Very romantic!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank temp235
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Unfortunately, I was taken in by the photo of the stairs thinking the rest of the house would be equally interesting. Owners do not live there and have full time jobs, so no one is around. Breakfast is old cereal or bagels although you can opt for a take out from the Huddle House which has to be delivered by 7:30.
Heating was non-existant, no snacks nor sherry. Place is in need of major repairs and there is no maid service. No outlet in shoddy bathroom.
Need I say more?

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sundowners
willAugusta, Owner at Queen Anne Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2010
We do not live in the beautiful building that is the inn. We live a few buildings down, on the same block. We value our guests' privacy. Do not expect to have breakfast with us. Most of our guests prefer to eat privately.We offer a fresh continental breakfast, home -made waffles, or a breakfast from a local cafe. The inn is over a hundred years old, but it does have modern heating and air, free high speed internet and cable television in every room.We do provide maid service. We have coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit juices, granola bars, assorted chocolates and fruit available without charge to our guests.We provide an evening reception on weekends.We are not a chain hotel . We provide personalized service and hospitality that is unmatched in Augusta.

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We visited Augusta for the Ironman triathlon, and were very happy to find accommodations near the event start without paying the host hotel rates. We booked two rooms that share a hallway bathroom in conjunction with some friends. It was a busy weekend at the Inn with 3000 triathletes in town. and most of our fellow guests were in town for the race, too.

This inn is very cozy and comfortable, more like staying with friends than a hotel. Having the big shared kitchen to hang out with our friends and meet new friends was one of the best parts of staying here. The owner, Val, is a wonderful lady, maybe the hardest working owner you'll ever meet. She regularly inquired if there was anything else we needed and went out of her way to stock the kitchen and fridge with healthy food items and lots of wine. We were so much more comfortable having the kitchen and extra room than our friends who booked a regular hotel far away from the race venue. There is a nice courtyard downstairs that we planned to use for a little post-race party with our fellow guests, but those plans got rained out.

The inn has a lot of character. It's comfortable and lived-in without being shabby. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean and well-stocked with plenty of water pressure and hot water.

I highly recommend the Queen Anne to people who don't like boring hotels. Val makes you feel like a guest in her home, and the location is great for getting around downtown Augusta. It is in an "urban" setting, so street noise and the occasional shady character walking down the street comes with it. But at no time did I feel threatened or unsafe unlike a couple of the reviews I saw before I went that worried me. Just realize that you are staying in a city, not the suburbs or some highway exit in the middle of nowhere.

We will definitely stay again if we do the Augusta Ironman again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

The house was comfortable and inviting. We received a great rate and the owner, Val, greeted us warmly and showed us to our room. She gave us directions to nearby restaurants and places of interest. Our clean room had a beautiful 4-poster queen bed. The bathroom had a cozy tiled shower with excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water. There was soap, shampoo, shower cap, etc. provided and even chocolates (my favorite) on the antique mirrored dresser. There was a big, comfortable couch in the sitting room with a tv (lots of movie channels) and a library...the room has huge windows where you can sit and watch folks walking or jogging by. There is a beautiful sunroom on the 2nd floor-perfect for morning coffee and checking e-mail (computer with internet access provided)-we loved the cute 50's style "whistlestop cafe" for breakfast...the continental at the inn was good-well-lit parking in back of inn - Val even let us check out late at no extra charge-restaurants, Library, Savannah River, downtown sights, close-by

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Augusta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

This inn was immaculate. My husband and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary here. We had our own private room and entrance. There was a little terrace outside where we had dinner. It felt as though we were at a French Chateau. The bed was so comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was spacious enough for both of us to enjoy and the room also had a separate bath/shower. We really enjoyed it and for the price we could not have had a better time. Everything we needed was at our fingertips. Mrs. Valerie, the owner, also provided us with a bottle of champagne and a coupon for a free breakfast at a nearby cafe. How many other inns or hotels offer you such good treats without you having to pay an arm and a leg? Not this one, it was awesome. Thanks so much for the sensational hospitality and making our anniversary special.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple