“Love to go back”

Ranked #2 of 2 Augusta B&B and Inns
Burton, United Kingdom
“Love to go back”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Quirky is all I can say - but very lovely. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was huge - brought in by owner Val. We visited from UK beginning May 2014 and this was a 1 night stop over en route to Charleston from Atlanta on a 3 week tour of Georgia. Location good for walking to river etc
We had a major issue with car GPS not working and Val could not have helped us more, from taking us to office depot for new cord, checking it and contacting Avis car hire and arranging for us to change the car, taking us to airport to make sure that the new car was good for remainder of trip and really looking after us - she even offered to give us her GPS. Definately over and above what she needed to do.
Agree with some of the comments re safe parking and yes, the home is probably 100 years old, so we also expected it to be rustic but that’s what we went for and the upstairs patio is great. We didn't have to pre pay and no deposit was taken.
Would love to go back sometime
RBM

Room Tip: Be aware of the steps up to main door
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a beautiful inn in the historic part of Augusta, Ga, with a fantastic homemade breakfast!
Valerie, the innkeeper and owner, is charming to talk with and will do absolutely everything to make your stay perfect. On Sunday morning, she cooked a homemade bacon quiche just for us, and brought it to our room at the precise time we asked her to deliver it. It was so large that we kept half of it for our breakfast at our home the next morning. It was accompanied by fresh fruit, toast, a variety of treats for the road, and a thermos of home brewed coffee, plus orange juice. Just around the corner is a gourmet French restaurant that is outstanding and easy to walk "home" to after having cocktails and wine with dinner. There is safe off road parking behind the inn, so you do not need to empty your car for the night. We will stay here every time we are in Augusta!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vaughan T
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Okay, so I tried to book a room here - nine months in advance of my arrival. There is no on-line reservation capability. I tried to call the phone numbers listed, but there was no answer, and the outgoing message indicated that the mailbox is full. I sent two email messages to the email address listed. Three days later I received an email response inviting me to call anytime after 4 PM. Today I called at 4:15 and I spoke to Val, who was driving her car while speaking with me. She indicated that she couldn't make the reservation because of this, but that I could call back later. She told me that I would have to pre-pay for the room. I did object to this - after all the reservation is nine-months out - and explained what 'guaranteeing a room with a credit card' means. Nope. She will only accept a full paid reservation. I asked her why; and she said that it was due to charge-backs. After reading some of the reviews, I can believe that she has had her share of charge-backs. But pre-paying doesn't prohibit a consumer from exercising that right - after all, it is what protects the credit card consumer. She then exited the call, citing the lack of an ear-piece and bad connection. So after all this, I still am no closer to making a reservation than I was last week. Seems like a shady operation to me.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you have a chance, please read the full review. Like I said, good place to stay, awesome customer service.

A group of us friends were able to get an entire floor all to ourselves (3 rooms) for a very good price after discussing it with the owners. Not sure why other reviews say they had such a horrible time because I had a great time there. Good location. Comfortable rooms with really good mattresses. The A/C works great and you need that in Georgia heat. Yes, the home is probably 100 years old, so expect it to have a rustic/antique aroma, but that has never bothered me. It doesn't smell like a cheap motel. They even have a patio on the third floor (which is really cool to relax on at night).

Also, the owners asked us when we would be getting up and brought us breakfast at 8:30 on a Sunday morning. They brought a delicious casserole, fruit, baked goods, juice, and even MIMOSAS!!! If that's not quality service, then I don't know what is....

I travel a lot for a living all over the world and this is place offers more than what you pay for. I recommend this Queen Anne and would stay at it again if I am ever in Augusta, GA again. By the way, Siri voice-navigation on the iPhone humored me how she says the location. Sounds something like "Queen-in-in"......

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor have a patio overlooking the road and you can seen the moon.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Al G
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I recently booked a room at the Queen Anne Inn in downtown Augusta. The innkeeper does not live on the property and was in a hurry to leave when I arrived in the middle of a downpour. There were no shades on the windows, only lace curtains, and I felt that this was an issue, especially in the bathroom. The shower stall had mildew in numerous places on the grout. The temperature in the bathroom was very cold, but hardly any air flow in the room, luckily there was a box fan. The light outside the room was a bit invasive through the transom. Be aware that there is no breakfast on the premises. The innkeeper will offer you a $5 voucher to a restaurant nearby, but not in walking distance. You must also fend for yourself with coffee in the morning. The room was clean and inexpensive, but I expected more from a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Cathyle
Pensacola Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2012

The place is in need of some attention that the owners are to busy to give. Thats about it. We were comfortable. The location is great for anyone needing to be in downtown Auguasta. We likely would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Main house is the place to be.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I do not know where that photograph above comes from but it's not of the Queen Ann Inn we stayed in. When we walked in the first thing I noticed was a musty smell the permeated the house. The owners list it as a bread and breakfast however there is not kitchen or dining table in the place. The owner offered to cook a quiche at her house and bring it over but clearly wanted us to take advantage of a voucher to a local coffee shop which had very limited selection. A dimly lit room with light bulbs that were out made it difficult to read. The porch furniture was so gross I would not sit in it. The owner was very nice and the bed was very comfortable but this if by far the worst B&B I have ever stayed at and would not consider ever, ever returning.

Room Tip: Do go there!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple