“Pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We spent one night here in December. The hotel is conveniently located near a major highway and restaurants. The hotel appears quite new and well maintained. The hotel was reasonably priced. Every employee we encountered was pleasant. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the hotel's breakfast. We don't recall receiving a Priority Club welcome gift but were upgraded to the highest floor. We would recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our policy to provide Priority Club members with welcome bags and we apologize that you did not receive yours! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Augusta.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

A 2-day business trip to Augusta became a pleasant stay. Sparkly clean rooms, courteous staff, easy access to the interstate and near-by restaurants, all add up to a great place to stay. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you so much for your nice review! We're incredibly pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again soon. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to let us know :)

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed at this HI for a total of eight weeks over a three month period due to it being close to where I was working.
The positives - the staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were clean and always fixed up for me by the time I arrived home.
The only negative I can think about is the nasty, duct-taped curtains. There's no excuse, ever, for a hotel like a HI to use duct tape over their plastic, nasty curtains. All but one of the rooms I stayed in had these. The other negative was the thin walls- being near the elevator is hell as you can hear the thing moving at all hours of the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We're pleased to hear that everything was to your liking. As mentioned in previous reviews the curtains are slowly but surely being replaced. We appreciate you baring with us during this transition and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I've stayed in a few hotels in the Augusta area....and have been disappointed each time. Until We stayed here. I usually just want a quiet night, hot water and clean towels. This hotel excelled at a nice room, a quiet evening and a great breakfast in the morning. From now on when I'm in Augusta for the night - I'm staying here. I've finally found a nice hotel !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoy our hotel! We strive to please so if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even better please let us know! We look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I came to town for a friends 40th birthday party that was given at the hotel. Upon arrival the staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel was extremely clean and I am a clean freak so it exceeded my expectations. I had a king bed, the room was very spacious and cozy. It was right near the interstate so very easy to find, close to shopping centers and restaurants. I heard absolutely no sound in my room from neighbors. The bathtub has zero mildew. Only thing I didn't like was the lack of outlets in the room for my laptop and cellphone and the fact that breakfast did not include juice. You have to pay for the juice. This is one of the few hotels where I felt comfortable walking on the carpet without socks or shoes.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We're pleased to hear that everything was satisfying and we hope to see you again next time you're in Augusta.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

First the good - location close to freeway and Ft Gordon, room well cleaned each time that I stay here, Brian at the front desk is friendly, professional, and efficient.

Now the dissapointments: I am in augusta two weeks out of the month and have stayed here several times. I have also stayed at a few other hotels in the area which have free morning breakfast (I have been coming to the city over a year now). I have to be at my destination early in the morning and do not have time to sit for breakfast so at each of the hotels that I have visited I will take my breakfast to go. Imagine my suprise here where I was approached by a worker telling me that I could not take my yogurt, milk, and fruit to go. She said she was told by her boss (who apparently observed me picking it up and instead of speaking to me himself, sent her to do it). I could understand if it were an all you can eat buffet that you can not take food to go, but a light breakfast. Really??? If this were dine in only, it should state that in the advertisement of 'free breakfast'. As a platinum ICH member this absolutely shocked me. Very poor taste, and very poor business. I travel to many cities and have stayed in many ICH brand hotels as well as others offering free breakfast and have NEVER encountered such a policy. This needs to be reviewed and fixed.

Negative #2, has been mentioned in other posts. This hotel DEFINTIELY needs to invest in new black out shades. I have been in 4 different rooms during my stays here. In each room the shades have had large holes/tears. Its the little things...

Room Tip: choose a room ending in 00 or 32. they are a little larger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank crystalk5594
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! I sincerely apologize for the issues that you faced during your last stay. Management has been made aware of your breakfast issue and it will be addressed immediately. We are also working on getting all of the black out shades replaced. Thank you again for staying with us and please let us know if there is anything you need during your next stay!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

room was clean, indoor pool was nice and clean, staff was exellent, would of preffered free breakfast but there was a very nice resteraunt and bar in the lobby, we were there saturday night and the bar was not loud . the exersize room was better than most had treadmill, bike, stairclimber and eliptical.

Room Tip: back side had lots of morning sun was a little bright even with the dark shades but if you need to b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed everything and we want to inform you that we just started offering a Free Full Breakfast Buffet recently. We hope that you'll come enjoy our breakfast buffet next time you're in town!