“Couldn't ask for more, mostly”

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The room was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant had a nice menu with good beer. The staff was excellent.
There is a workout room with treadmills and there is a pool.

I have one criticism which should be a warning. The wi-fi was unreliable, but my colleagues tell me that when they used their FireWire, it worked fine. So, if you find yourself booking a stay at the Holiday Inn, bring a computer cable and your stay will be great.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed our restaurant. We apologize for the internet being so spotty, we are actively working to get this problem fixed and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Augusta West

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel was in a good location to Fort Gordon and restaurants. Some things in the room needed to be replaced. The curtain lining was ripped in several places. I was disappointed that it wasn't fixed due to previous reviews and responses from management that all would be replaced. Carpets were old and dirty. Other than the few issues the room was clean an staff was friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our location. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I came to Augusta for business. I work for a Holiday Inn express in Orlando Fl and was really looking for a great experiance as I give my guest. The guy at the front desk had a great smile and greeted my kids and I as we walked through the door. The lobby was very clean and smell clean as well. The hotel was overall beautiful and the pool was amazing for my kids to enjoy. We was handed snacks and water and when I got to the room, I couldnt get the remote to work. The young lady at the front desk sent the really nice guy to my room within mins to fix the problem. I dont remember his name but KUDOS to him for being such a breath of fresh air. I will be coming back!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

We're incredibly pleased to hear that you and your children enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again and please let management know if there is anything we can do to make your stay better.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My daughters and I stayed here for a volleyball tournament one was playing in. Other members of her team and there families stayed as well. Hotel was really good. There was a few items in the room I think could have been 'cleaner'. But on the grand scheme of things it was pretty nice. Front desk was very welcoming. Breakfast bar and staff were excellant. It was a complimentary bar worth paying for. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were not put off by a bunch of kids either.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your stay. We're glad that everything was to your liking and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights while attending a family wedding. We booked through Priceline and saved quite a bit doing that. The front desk attendant was very nice and was quick to check us in, and switch our room to a double. We somehow forgot our toothpaste, and they promptly supplied us with a free travel size. The rooms were very clean and cozy, with exception of the blackout curtains having small rips. This has been reviewed before so I will move on. The staff in the breakfast area was exceedingly pleasant, helpful and just outright nice to be around. My coffee never got below half a cup. Coree ( spelled?) was especially helpful with our spirited two year old an my handicapped grandmother. There was fresh popcorn in the lobby at night and a nice snack shop. The cleaning staff was also very friendly, and left our rooms looking brand new each day. The only real complaint was the wifi. It was the slowest I have ever seen. I attempted to download a movie to watch on my Kindle before leaving and it took over 30 minutes to just get half done. I finally gave up. I would recommend this hotel over and over. It is just off the interstate, easy to find, plenty of parking, and the rooms were super quiet. Great stay!!

• Stayed: March 2013

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We strive to please and we're glad that our staff was so accomodating. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Typical Holiday Inn. Bedding comfortable. TV ok. Overall room was clean but furnishings are cheap and very basic. Staff attentive, restaurant average, bar is a plus. Great location. I'll look for an upgrade to this hotel next time I visit Augusta.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our hotel. We are currently undergoing minor renovations to update some portions of our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in town and please let management know what they can do to make your next stay even better!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We spent one night here in December. The hotel is conveniently located near a major highway and restaurants. The hotel appears quite new and well maintained. The hotel was reasonably priced. Every employee we encountered was pleasant. We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the hotel's breakfast. We don't recall receiving a Priority Club welcome gift but were upgraded to the highest floor. We would recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is our policy to provide Priority Club members with welcome bags and we apologize that you did not receive yours! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Augusta.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Holiday Inn Express Augusta North
Best Western Augusta West
Best Western Augusta West
#2 of 5 in Grovetown
Hampton Inn Augusta / Gordon Highway
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West

Been to Holiday Inn Augusta West? Share your experiences!