“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn Augusta West
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel was clean and very well managed. I have stayed there many times on business trips to Augusta and have never had any problems. Staff is very helpful and the hotel is nice and quiet. Would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

We're pleased to hear that our hotel is able to make each and every one of your stays special. We hope that you will continue to visit us and please do not hesitate to let management know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

The hotel was very clean, staff very pleasant, property was well kept and lots of parking available.
I score them a 4 because there were few things I wasnt quite impressed with.
1. Lousy internet access, I was unable to have any work done. I got kicked off the server almost every 15 minutes.
2. There was an annoying sound (sounding like an ac unit or a running washing machine). I was told this was the fan for the restaurant. It went very late and started before 6 in the morning. It took me some time to fall asleep.

Overall I would give up anything for a clean and safe location so I would probably stay here afain the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We're happy to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. We are working to improve the issues that you pointed out and we hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I travel frequently and stay in a lot of hotels. On the weekend of September 22, 2013 we booked a block of rooms for family and friends to stay at the Holiday Inn I-20 west for my daughters wedding. Overall, the hotel was excellent. We received a good price for the rooms, the hotel staff was excellent and the breakfast, which was free, was also very good. The family had a great time and all staff focused on the quality of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

We're glad to hear that our hotel and staff were everything you had hoped. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us during your next trip to Augusta.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Convenient location, great parking, spacious rooms, big showers and fast wifi. All in all, a very good hotel from which to do business in the Augusta area.
The restaurant is small with a limited dinner menu but the pizzas are very good as is breakfast and in Heather, they have an excellent bartender, the bar being open from 5.00pm to 11.00pm
Regarding dinner, the hotel is just a 10 minute drive from the best steaks in Augusta at Tbonz

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We're glad that our hotel was exactly what you needed while doing business in Augusta. We hope that you'll stay with us again during your next business trip.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here for a week because of business and was very happy with it. The room, as well as the grounds, were extremely clean. I get grossed out easily by motel rooms, and this one was really clean! It was a very large room with a microwave and refrigerator. I was in room 411 which was right by the elevator. I thought I was going to hear a lot of noise, but surprisingly I didn't. I don't know what they do for a noise buffer in these rooms, but it works. I also really liked the view from my room... it was very pretty looking at the sunset every night. It was very convenient to I-20 and close to Ft. Gordon. I had an issue with wifi one night, but I called the front desk and they walked me through it. I found it easier to just plug in my ethernet cable. I don't think the wifi was really the problem... I think that one was all on me.

Probably the most impressive thing was the breakfast. It wasn't powdered eggs and flavorless muffins.... it was the best continental breakfast I have seen at a hotel - no exaggeration. It had big silver serving trays with scrambled eggs (the real thing), cheese grits, potatoes, some kind of meat (ham, bacon or sausage), fruit, yogurt, and other stuff that I didn't even get to. It was excellent. The ONLY downside to this was that it was in the restaurant, so instead of getting your drinks yourself, a server has to bring it to you. The drink machine is even right there where the food is sitting. I would much rather just get it myself and not have to tip a buck or two every morning. Yes, it's a minimal amount, but it's the principal. You have to sit and wait for silverware and a drink every morning and I was really trying to just get in and out. One morning nobody ever came over, and three of the servers were standing at the bar trying to figure out something on somebody's check. I got a rolled silverware off another table and never got anything to drink.

The only other drawback for me, and this is really small, but the indoor pool sits facing the parking lot surrounded by a bunch of windows. This is great for use in the daytime, but I wanted to go there after I got back each day. Because it was darker outside and me being a female, it was a little creepy being in there not knowing who is in the parking lot, plus there is a good bit of traffic through the area. That might not bother anybody else, but I didn't end up going to the pool for that reason. It looked like a nice pool though!

Overall, I would definitely stay here again - no question!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We strive to please and we're glad that we were able to do so. Thank you for letting us know about your issues in the restaurant, management has been made aware so the problem can be handled. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Would most definitely stay here again! Clean with plenty of linens, the tiled bathroom contained a LARGE walk -in shower with good lighting. . . A+++ My only quibble here was the absence of a ventilation fan and hot steam fills the room. . . .
The desk staff were pleasant and accommodating, the maids likewise, courteous and friendly in passing. A clean well maintained indoor pool and a joining whirlpool with plenty of clean towels available. A nice hot fully cooked breakfast buffet with china ware 'serve your self' style served in a nice dining area. The great food did overshadow the mediocre service and unfriendly attitude of my server, however . A GREAT place to relax and enjoy the night!

Room Tip: IF a good window view is a high priority be sure to ask for a room that does not directly overlook t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

We're glad to hear that our hotel and staff were everything you had hoped! Please visit again soon and be sure to let management know if there is anything we can do make your next stay even better.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is a great location to easy access resturant across the road (Cracker Barrel). Good, clean rooms and friendly staff that will address your needs immediately if there is a problem. Right off the main I20. Rooms are up to date, nightly cookies and popcorn are an added treat! This is why Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are such a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Augusta West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the night time snacks! We hope to see you again soon :)