“Unprofessional Housekeeper”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Augusta at I-20
Ranked #31 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I recently was there visting with my family for the holiday's I notice that my personal items had been, shall I say moved around from the way I know I left them. This one particular house keeper who's name I manage to get by fooling her into thinking I would give her a good report to managment. She was horrible with a very bad attitude. her appearence was very tacky and unprofessional. I am a supervisor in my state over housekeeping at Staybrige Suites, we always tell our staff to never touch guest items always leave them where ever they are. This person told me that her name was Shantal Bussy she needs to be reprimanded and maybe even trained again. Other than this experience with this house keeper all of my other services were great. I plan on staying at this location again in March and I hope that if this employee is still there I will not have an encounter with her. Thanks for allowing me this space to give my comment.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank singfarenjones

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The front service was rude and non professional. I informed them at check in about the light not working in the room and their response was non apologetic and non caring for a solution to the problem. The pull out bed sheets were dirty. It was of stains. I also found the toilet paper dispenser to be broken and informed them of this, and once again they were non caring and rude.I went into the fitness room and found someone had spit on the machine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area with good prices.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank marc n
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This is our second stay at the Country Inns & Suites at this same Augusta location. The location is great, it's right at I-20, lots of restaurants, shopping and other activities. But the hotel itself is a mess!! I promised myself I wouldn't stay here again, but we did, because I was given a $25.00 gift certificate as compensation for our first bad experience. On this stay I booked a 1 bedroom King Suite thinking it had to be better than just a regular guest room, I was completely wrong. Our room should have cost $106.00 before taxes, but I reserved it with a Super Suite Sale 25% Off , I also used the $25.00 gift certificate, so the room was reduced to $69.23. My check-in was great, the young lady at the from desk was friendly and very pleasant. There was one lady in front of me checking in and a lady behind me, but the clerk kept her smile and soft tone the whole time. She smiles and speaks very well, she explained in detail that my room was not on an upper floor (as requested) because all suites are located on the first floor, hotel breakfast hours, swimming pool hours, internet WIFI connection and everything else necessary for a decent stay. After check-in I took pics of the hallway, it was bright all the lights were on (our first stay the hall was very dark, light blubs were out) the hallway smell was pleasant. The vending machines worked I got a bottled water, a strawberry pop-tart and peanut butter toast cheese crackers. The ice machine worked well. The foyer was clean and decent, the breakfast area was neat and clean. Upon walking into our room the appearance looked okay, the sitting area is the first room you walk into. There's a sofa, wing back chair, a work desk, a corner lamp and a desk lamp, a television table with a flat screen television. There's also a wet-bar with a coffee maker, and disposable coffee cups and condiments. The coffee maker is a mini so you'll only get 3 small cups of coffee. There's also a mini fridge and a mini microwave. The bathroom was decent, plenty of towels, wash cloths and hand towels for 2 people. The room actually sleeps 4, two in the King size bed and 2 on the queen size sofabed, so if you have 4 people with you, you might want to request more towels. The bedroom is separated by a door, the bedroom has king size bed of course, another flat screen television, 2 night stands, 2 lamps, a long dresser and a closet. There's also a closet across for the bathroom door outside of the bedroom. The suite is set up very nice. But here's the complaint. THE ROOM HAS THE WORST ODOR I HAVE EVER SMELLED!!! It smelled like dogs had been pissing in the floor (carpet) for months and it has not been cleaned! IT IS AWFUL!! . ROOM 109! The sofa is stained, it may be urine stains I am not sure, but it is stained and looks bad, I'd dared not sit on it. The carpet is nasty, we never took off our shoes (flip Flops) except for in the bed. The duvet on the bed need to be cleaned. I sprayed it with Lysol. But the smell in that room was so irritating we drove over to Fred's (discount store) and I purchased a can of disinfectant spray and a Glade solid air freshener gels. I sprayed the floor in the entire unit and the air vents and sat the gel freshener on the night stand next to the bed. About an hour later the odor was strong again so I took my perfume bottle opened it up and sprayed perfume every where, it helped for about another hour. THE SMELL WAS JUST HORRID!!. I was tired from traveling into Augusta and from moving all day, we were in Augusta to help get our son settled into his college apartment. But since the smell was getting to an awful strong level again and I wasn't ready for bed so I decided to go for a swim in the indoor heated pool. The pool room closes at 10:00pm and it was about 9:15pm the pool area was nice and warm which made me think the water was warm, it was anything but warm. The pool area was decent the water was fresh. I peaked into the fitness room it was nice with a few workout machines. Upon returning to my room, I took a very long hot shower, the water stayed hot the entire time. When I finally went to bed at about 3:00am I took a hand towel and wrapped it around my nose and mouth and pinned it so I would not have to smell the odor. The next morning my husband had breakfast, he said it was good. He also did his exercise workout in the fitness room, it was nice. At about 10:00am a housekeeper knocked on the door and opened it, never giving us a chance to respond to her knock. She never even saw us, my husband was in the restroom and I was in the bed on my laptop. The door shut and I heard her yell "they still here" At 11:50am a housekeeper came and knocked on the door this time I opened it, she asked me "Are you staying over or checking out" I looked at her and said, leaving, she looked at her watch and said "What time it is" I never responded I just slammed the door in her face with her standing there looking at me. (What time it is?) When I left the room it was 12:15pm. I didn't waste my time with a complaint or even mention the sickening smell of the room to the clerk at the front desk because I have no intentions on ever going back. And with another complaint probably would have come another gift certificate in the mail and I would be tempted to return, but my better senses say, "no way". So upon my departure I just left the key cards in the room and exited the hotel without even stopping at the font desk. I did speak to the young lady who checked me in as I was leaving and she was still smiling. Word of advise from experience, this place is not going to get any better until the tear out and remodel the guest rooms. The thing that really bothers me is this: The housekeepers are suppose to report this type of thing to the management, (I was a housekeeper supervisor at Hilton Hotels) why is it not being handled properly? Is the staff not informing their supervisors of the smells and bugs and conditions of these guest rooms? And if it's being reported why isn't management doing anything about it? Is it because people keep checking in? Stop giving your hard earned money to this establishment and maybe, just maybe, they'll clean their property up.

Room Tip: Room 109 has a view of an over grown weeded field and mounds of dirt. The rooms here are just low gr...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyGRose
Reviewed 14 July 2011

So I'm staying here currently for the state swim meet. We checked in, the room smelled somewhat smoky. I called to make sure it was a non-smoking room. I was assured it was. The room was 63 degrees, the window was open, and it is about 95 degrees in Augusta today. Mysterious! But the smoky smell seemed livable, so we settled in. Within 30 minutes, my son (the swimmer) was completely congested, couldn't breathe, etc. I asked if there was another room available. I was told quite brusquely and uncaringly that there was not. No concern for our situation detectable. Now I have gone out for decongestants, allergy meds, etc, and we'll see what the morning holds. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank getoutthere0830
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I paid $594 per night for a $150 maximum quality room, and we had no water in the morning to shower. The front desk told me it was only their hotel that was without water; but when I was finally contacted about this to ask for some type of refund, Ricky told me it was a break in a pipe a half mile away. So they wouldn't refund any of my costs because they said it wasn't their fault. I know the Masters tournament means they can charge higher than the hotel is worth due to supply and demand. But they could give everyone a discount and still be making a pretty penny off of everyone. The message I got was that it's not their fault, so the customer has to pay for it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gingerbell7
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Stayed for two nights in January 2011 when attending a swim meet in Augusta. Location was convenient to swim facility as well as dining.

Room was nice and bathroom seemed newer/upgraded. Not sure if this facility was built more recently than other Country Inns we've visited.

Price was a bit cheaper than other nearby suite hotels.

Only a few minor complaints. Noticed a couple of peanuts on the floor between the bed and nightstand. Remote for TV in bedroom didn't work as it had no batteries (just used remote from living area). Couple of lady bugs (dead, I'm assuming) were inside in the window area. Third floor smelled a bit smokey but not enough to bother me or my son.

Overall, the price was right and the room was comfortable. We'll stay here again when we come to another swim meet in town.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Highly recommend this hotel. Great location right off of the interstate, but not too close to where traffic noise is a problem. The staff here is super great!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple