I understand this facility recently changed into a Red Roof, so I hope some facility and housekeeping updates are on the way soon.
- The room was not clean - the bathroom was okay, but the floors and furniture surfaces hadn't been properly cleaned in years.
- I think the bed was comfortable, seemed like the linens were clean (I didn't bring home any bed bugs, so that's a plus), and the A/C worked great.
- I was told - after an unknown man called my room and knocked on my door at 3:00 a.m., scaring me half to death - that a lot of construction workers stay in this hotel. This may be the reason for no deep cleaning of the facility, but I wish I'd known this sooner.
- The outside door where the vending machines are did NOT lock - it basically stood open at all times - also could have been the source of my 3:00 a.m. unknown visitor.
- The front desk staff was very nice, and I appreciate their comforting words after my 3am surprise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off of I-20, Red Roof Inn Augusta East is less than 2 miles from the Augusta National Golf Club, home of the Masters Tournament. The Augusta Convention Center, National Science Center - Fort Discovery, Augusta State University and Georgia-Carolina State Fairgrounds are all within a 10 mile radius. Take advantage of the several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Choice Hotels so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.