“Great stay!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Everything about this hotel is great. Very inexpensive, but better than what you would expect for the price. Staff was very friendly and helpful. LOVE thst its pet friendly. Everywhere else wants an arm and a leg for having my 15lb dog with me.

• Stayed: August 2014
Cornelius T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

I would like to thank you on behave of the entire staff of Redroof inn Augusta-east. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to provide your family with great accommodations. We look forward to all of your future stays and hope you enjoy your trip.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the second time I am trying to write a review. My boyfriend and I stayed there. it was for a weekend. I was putting my food in the microwave and found a crack pipe!!!! My boyfriend took it to the front desk. Nobody even came to clean the microwave and no money was taken off my bill. I ate my food cold and we didn't even use the microwave after that. The front desk staff was nice, but there was no money taken off my bill. I think I should have had something taken off. Not even sure if the manager knew about it. Im gong to email the red roof inn next. I hope trip advisor lets this review get posted. It is not my fault I found drug paraphernalia in the microwave. What if I had kids with me? How would you explain that to kids?!!!!

Room Tip: make sure you check the microwave when you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornelius T, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Let me first start off by offering apologizes for the level of service your received while a guest at the Red Roof Inn Augusta East. I would also like to apologize of behalf of the housekeeping staff for the cleanliness of your guest room. We would like to invite you back to stay with and give us a chance to make it right.

Thanks,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I understand this facility recently changed into a Red Roof, so I hope some facility and housekeeping updates are on the way soon.

- The room was not clean - the bathroom was okay, but the floors and furniture surfaces hadn't been properly cleaned in years.

- I think the bed was comfortable, seemed like the linens were clean (I didn't bring home any bed bugs, so that's a plus), and the A/C worked great.

- I was told - after an unknown man called my room and knocked on my door at 3:00 a.m., scaring me half to death - that a lot of construction workers stay in this hotel. This may be the reason for no deep cleaning of the facility, but I wish I'd known this sooner.

- The outside door where the vending machines are did NOT lock - it basically stood open at all times - also could have been the source of my 3:00 a.m. unknown visitor.

- The front desk staff was very nice, and I appreciate their comforting words after my 3am surprise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cornelius T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Andi S.,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Red Roof Inn Augusta East, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and give valuable insight on your stay. I have shared your positive comment with the front desk staff, and they were more than pleased that their words at 3:00am were comforting. Let me also apologize on the condition of your room and the housekeeping. The property has been a Red Roof for only four months and we are still trying find our footing. I ensure on you next visit to the wonderful city of Augusta and the Red Roof Inn Augusta East you will notices many changes not only with the facility but with the staff. I personally invite you to stay with us again and give myself any staff the chance to exceed your expectations.

Thanks We look forward to servicing your again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff, especially Prince Thomas, was very helpful. A two night stay was comfortable in a clean room. I would recommend staying there.
The motel was very quiet despite dogs on the premises.
I will stay there on my next visit to Augusta Ga.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cornelius T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

The management & staff would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Red Roof Inn Augusta East. I'm delighted to hear that Prince was very helpful in meeting all your need during your stay. Also I have shared with my housekeeping staff on how clean and comfortable the room was this brought a smile to each of their faces. Yes Red Roof Inn do allow dogs on premises. We are a pet friendly brand. We allow one well believed pet per room at no cost. Despite the dogs on premises I'm glad you were able to have and enjoyable and comfortable stay.
We look forward to servicing you again whenever in Augusta, GA.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had a very good stay. The manager Cornelius went out of his way to make my stay a very good stay. All of the staff are outstanding. I have stayed at the hotel before the new staff worked for the hotel. The new manager and his staff go out of there way to make your stay a special stay. Will book again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Cornelius T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

The management and staff of the Red Roof Inn Augusta East would like thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This means a lot to the management and staff it also shows other travelers the level of service we are providing. Yes, I'm a new manager who has only been with the Red Roof for four months. My staff and I are still learning and growing. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay in Augusta and enjoyable one, and we looking forward to seeing you on you next visit. Again Thanks.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Took my track group to Augusta for a track meet. The staff was very helpful. It's an older hotel that is currently undergoing renovation. I would definitely recommend this location to any sports groups that are visiting Augusta.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cornelius T, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Bryant,

The management and staff of the Red Roof Inn Augusta East would like thank you for reviewing our hotel. It was our pleasure to serve the College Park Track Team. Yes we are an older property that is undergoing renovation, and we hope on your next trip to Augusta the renovation will be completed. I'm glad the staff was able to make an positive impact on your stay, and we look forward the serving the College Park Track Team again.

Thanks,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a loser! Many would say ..."what would you expect during The Masters?" I made reservations with this motel in April, 2013, a year in advance. The franchise was a Ramada then and confirmed my room in writing for $62.00 per night. I make it a practice to re-confirm reservations made far in advance, and in February, 2014 they had changed to a Magnolia Inn. The General Manager, Cornelius. assured me they would honor my reservation. I asked for a printed confirmation and was told "no problem". In early March, 2014 I had no confirmation, called again and was told they had become a Red Roof Inn. The person on the phone had no idea what I was talking about, but Cornelius was still the General Manager and would call me right back. A week later, I called again: Cornelius was not available but would call me. A week later I call again and finally get to speak to Cornelius. Now they will not honor the printed confirmation! The best rate is now $175.00 per night! Now that it's Early April and the Masters starts in a few days, my back has been placed 'against the wall'. I took the room (by now the only room in town!) and figure I'll try to make the best of it. The place is just as unappetizing as you might expect. At 2:45PM they won't give my room because check-in is 3:00PM! The room WAS NOT the crappiest room I've ever been in. The worst of the beginning was that part of the carpet was missing and the A/C didn't sound all that good. It was in the 80's in Georgia. We made it to the course on Friday and the A/C made it through the night. When we got back to the room Saturday the A/C had died. The front desk started with "...it's supposed to cool off tonight". Cornelius finally decided to pull a HVAC unit out of another room (must have been too crappy for even them to try to rent) and installed it in our room. That worked for well over 15 minutes! Cornelius then found yet another room that didn't need its HVAC so he swapped it out again! That on worked through our stay - Cornelius truly went to bat for us on the HVAC: good job!
It wasn't enough to make up for the incredibly unethical way this operation treated us; I felt we were robbed at knifepoint. I will sleep in the car before I spend another night with this (or any other Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to Thanks you taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a review of the Red Roof Inn Augusta East. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had with the air conditioner while a guest at our property. I do know the importance of having a properly working air conditioner during the hot months in Georgia. I'm glad that I was able to find a working air conditioner for your room after three tries. The management and staff would like to invite you back to stay with us on your next trip to the city of Augusta.