“Impressive” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Pikeville, North Carolina
“Impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Gracious courteous staff! Friendly greetings from ALL the staff we encountered. Well trained and customer oriented. Late arrival due to interstate closure and still got room service even after hours(10:15pm). The molten chocolate cake was excellent. Spacious room with whirlpool was clean, comfortable, and impressively quiet. Loved the toiletries by Bath and Body Works.
In room coffee left a lot to be desired but a quick walk downstairs and we were able to get a great cup of Starbucks coffee at no charge. Stayed at Hilton Doubletree in Augusta (for $50.00 more a night) on the way up and was extremely disappointed so we decided to try the Garden Inn and we are SO
glad we did.
Will definitely stay here again when in the area! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank 2Bares
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
We're incredibly pleased to hear that our staff and hotel were all so accommodating during your stay and we sincerely hope that you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you're in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My Mom, a older friend, and myself stopped overnight at this hotel enroute to the beach and received excellent service from the staff and the staff of the hotel restaurant. Food was excellent; rooms clean and very comfortable. They made us feel right at home eventhough it was just an overnight save. Will definitely stop there again anytime I am in the area. Easy to get on and off Interstate 20.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
We're incredibly pleased to hear that our hotel and staff were exactly what you were looking for! We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you're in Augusta!
Clayton Nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I always enjoy staying at a HGI. The service is on the money and the rooms are always very clean. The staff at this hotel was very friendly. Mike at the bar was a great bartender very friendly and made sure he asked if we needed another round.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Thank Gary .
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
We're glad to hear that your stay with us was everything you had hoped and we hope to see you again soon :)
Maryland Heights, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I usually stay at this hotel when I am in the area and usually receive wonderful service. As a frequent visitor, I had begun to know the staff and they were very friendly and accommodating, however over the year it seems things have changed. Although I reserved a suite with the request for a high floor away from the elevator, this stay I received just the opposite. A ground level room, next to the elevator running most of the night, with a bed on the opposite side of an ice machine or some other mechanical device dumping objects frequently and a 'suite' that seems to be a converted storage room. Not impressed, especially as a DIAMOND member.

The only explanation I received for not getting any of my requests was that I was 5 minutes too late. Gee, thanks, after 4 years of regular, frequent business holding a reserved room for 5 minutes was too much to expect :(

Room Tip: Don't expect much from the front staff...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. However, we want you to know that we appreciate your business and loyalty and we hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Ft. Walton Beach, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were surprised at the breakfast table to learn that this meal was not included in the price of the room. We read, "Enjoy a hot breakfast..." on the Internet ad and incorrectly took that to mean that it would not cost additional funds. It was actually $10.00 per person for the buffet, or more expensive a la carte. It was our mistake or misunderstanding, but still quite a surprise as we have come to expect some type of complementary morning meal at the other places we stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
We apologize that our ad was misleading and we assure you that management has been made aware of this issue so it can be corrected. Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know your concerns.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had to extend my stay for an additional day. I called a few days before I got into town but the hotel was fully booked with guests on a waiting list. I asked to be added to the waiting list and was freaking out that I wouldn't have a place to stay! A day or two after I called I received a call from the woman I spoke with earlier and she said a few guests had cancelled so they had extended my stay. PHEW! I also got an email confirmation confirming my change in reservation. Very thorough, helpful and friendly!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We're glad to hear that our front desk was so helpful and that we were able to get you a room for your entire stay!
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I would recommend this hotelto any traveler. I was impressed and the front desk clerk (Micah) is very personable. Loved his personality. Rooms were clean and I was accomodated as I requested. Away from the elevator and away from traffic. I was able to get a great view, but enjoy the quietness of my room. There are two other hotels in the perimeter of this hotel but nonoetheless, this hotel was great. Had an indoor pooll and exercise room. Had a patio to relax on. Did not like the elevator though. Time to update the inspection on the elevator. It was making a dragging noise and smelled of some kind of oil. Just needs some fine tuning. Breakfast was great. About $11 per person. Hot or cold and plenty to choose from. Room was a nice size, but the bed looked small and low to the ground, in my opinion. Extremely close to shopping and eating (within 2 minutes). Right near interstate 20.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our property! We're pleased to hear that our staff and hotel were everything you had hoped for and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Augusta!