“A/C did not work and staff did nothing”

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Tuscaloosa, United States
“A/C did not work and staff did nothing”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The A/C in my room did not work and the staff acted annoyed each time I told them. I spent all night awake and sweating. After telling two different desk attendants a guy came up and set it up to just run constantly so the next night is was below 60 degrees in the room which was better since I could actually sleep but not really a fix.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the issues you encountered during your time with us. We've addressed your concerns with our staff and the necessary adjustments have been made. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Everything seemed fine upon booking room for my artists coming in town! Turned out to cost me over $1000+ for ONE night! Booked 4 rooms and they have charged my card over 10 times! Spoke with manager and bank about this for over a week now! Seems to be such a big problem for managers to get information over to my bank to fix this problem even three day later charges are still coming off my card. How hard is it to enter an amount and charge things properly! And they act like its not even a big deal. Had to block my card and now have to wait 10 days for a new card to come in the mail! NEVER AGAIN. and the customer service is TERRIBLE. Seen a homeless guy walk the halls and they didn't say a word

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are sincerely apologetic for all the issues you seem to have faced and we ask that you reach out directly to the general manager concerning these issues, kat.johnson@hilton.com.
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I started out very impressed with this hotel, as I arrived in the middle of the ice storm in Augusta, GA in Feb 2014. The hotel made sure they had enough food to still prepare meals and although some of the staff had to work long hours, they did great.

On my 4th day there as I was leaving for work, I went into the "Vending Room" to get ice on my way out, and when I opened the door there was a man sitting on the floor leaning against the ice machine and the wall, and lets just say I did not think he was asleep. scared me. Turns out it was a homeless man. As he exited the building I told the front desk that ... the man had been sleeping on the floor in the 5th floor vending room(highest floor in hotel), the maintenance manager looked at me and said "oh that's where he went"... I was shocked. needless to say, if the security cameras work, no one monitors them, and if someone walks in and you can't find them, maybe you should call the police. I checked out of this hotel, and no one in the hotel seemed to care or even acknowledged the incident. If you decide to stay, just keep an eye out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
hgimgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this hard and crazy time. I wanted to make sure that I responded to let you know that the issue you experienced is an isolated incident. Richmond County Sheriff’s Department works security for our property however due to the ice storm they were all pulled off for the 2 nights to assist in other areas. Guests and Employees Safety and Security are taken serious and I assure you that this issue has been heavily addressed so there is no need to fear this incident ever happening again. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns regarding this or anything else. Thank you again for choosing the HGI Augusta and showing us grace during that hectic time.
springfield, United States
Reviewed 27 February 2014

appears to have been recently renovated. overall very good accommodations. breakfast buffet was good, you can also get made to order omelets.heating/a/c control by wall thermostat,relatively quiet. rooms clean, better then most hotels.stay on top of maintenance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank so very much for taking the time to complete the online survey and for your wonderful scores about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Augusta. We try hard to deliver exceptional timely, friendly, and professional service. Our Maintenance department works really hard to stay on top of things. Thank you for noticing all of our hard work. We look forward to your return to Augusta and hope you will again visit the Hilton Garden Inn. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you in the future.
Thanks,
Augusta, GA, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Excellent Stay!!!! I enjoyed my stay at this facility. Everyone was very kind and helpful. All of my questions were answered quickly. My business meeting space was strategically place for uniterrupted time. A very good location and very accommodating...

George,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We work really hard to give each and every person an experience that surpasses their highest expectations. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to helpfulness, friendliness and cleanliness here that HGI Augusta. We look forward to having you return.
huntsville, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The hotel is in a very good location and the staff is very attentive to your needs. The breakfast bar is very good. The parking lot is safe and well protected. If you are in the Augusta area I would recommend this hotel as a very good deal and a excellent place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Austin, Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a rave review of our hotel. We appreciate all the wonderful things you said and appreciate you recommending us to others. Please let us know what else we could do for you in the future. We hope your travel bring you back to the HGI Augusta soon.
Thanks
LAKE GEORGE, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is like my 3rd time staying here, always bussiness trips. The staff is fantastic, they always go above and beyond to make your stay and business meetings enjoyable. The Hotel is in a good location, lots of great resturants in walking distant, and shopping on the next exit about 2 miles.

George,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review for HGI Augusta. It is guests like you that truly make what we do so enjoyable. I am glad to see that you were able to experience the helpfulness and friendliness that we teach daily first hand. I hope that you will continue to stay here as travel brings you to Augusta. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.