“A little less than I expected”

Hilton Garden Inn Augusta
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“A little less than I expected”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn, its located right off Washington Rd. It is close to I-20 as well. The property grounds are well kept and the staff was very nice and attentive even at my late check in. My room (505) appeared to clean, I did notice that the bathtub had some areas that needed to be re- caulked. The pillow on the sofa in the living area of the suite was torn, and there was evidence of water damage on the valance over the curtain area. Other than those few items the visit was very good.

Room Tip: We had a higher level room - very quite- we heard nothing but our Television
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank La'Tasha S
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your stay! We appreciate your honesty and we hope to see you again the next time you're in Augusta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
lawrenceville. GA
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed with hubby and son for basketball tournament. This hotel is located right off the I-20. Easy to find. Close to great restaurants and entertainment. Comfortable room and beds. Great food at breakfast. Although restaurant closes at midnight, great late night snacks avaible in pantry for reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're happy to hear that our location was perfect for your visit during the recent basketball tournament!
Ocala, FL, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a very nice property. Well maintained and staffed. I would stay here anytime I'm in Augusta. I cover 12 states and a good hotel is gold in my book. The rooms smell fresh and are very clean. The beds are comfortable and the wireless works great. I had the breakfast in the morning and the food was good as far as breakfast goes. The service from the staff was very good as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we certainly hope to see you again soon!
Tampa Bay area, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently booked a night at this hotel but at the last minute my business plans were changed so I ended up staying at another Hilton Garden Inn (in Ohio this time). In all of the confusion, I must have forgotten to call and cancel my reservation with this hotel in Augusta. When I saw a charge on my Amex from this hotel, I didn't even remember that I had made the reservation in the 1st place so not canceling was completely my own fault. So I called the hotel and they gave me a runaround, transferring me all over the place before I ended up back with Hilton Honors of which I am a silver member (but WAS working towards diamond this year). They said that they would speak with the hotel and get back to me in 3 - 5 business days. I also called my travel agancy and asked them to help. The hotel flatly denied helping in any way. That is their right, it's their POLICY. Well, having policy thrown in my face when I am basically begging them for help doesn't sit well with me. Neither does being unsympathetic and unbending when faced with a special request. I travel constantly, over 200 nights a year in hotels (pathetic, right?). In the past, I have stayed more at IHG properties (Holiday Inn) but this year, I decided that I would give Hilton another chance after a Hampton Inn charged me a no-show for a night when I actually stayed AT the hotel that charged me for a no-show. They wouldn't budge on that one either even though I was at the hotel when they charged me. I stayed away from Hilton brands for about 5 years after that. Anyway, with the amount of travel I do and the amount of nights that I stay in hotels, I need my business partners (Hotels) to be a little more understanding and at least willing to work with me a little bit. They treated me like i was a piece of garbage so now I say this: Good Bye Hilton brands and my deepest apologies to IGH and Holiday Inn brands who I should have remained loyal to. I will never stay in the Hilton Garden Inn in Augusta Ga and only in total desperation will I stay in another Hilton brand hotel in the future. It was your choice to treat me like crap, now I'm gone.

Room Tip: Book a room in another hotel.
1 Thank 32331
We apologize for you inconvenience and we do urge you to contact the general manager if you would like to discuss the matter further, kat.johnson@hilton.com.
northern California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have not had the Hilton Garden Inn experience and we were pleasantly surprised with the gracious nature of all the service staff. The rates were very competitive and the standard of the accommodations the best from a series of hotels we used during this busy vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and we hope you'll visit us again soon!
charlotte, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I checked in on Sunday night, the TV was on and I could not turn it off with the remote. Monday morning the shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom, when I turned the water off the shower head fell off. I was able to push it back on and take a quick shower. I went to the front desk on the way to work and told them about the problems. Monday night when I returned I went to the room and the remote control was not fixed, nor was the shower head replaced. I went down to eat and told the front desk that the problems must of been over looked, she said "I'm sorry we'll get someone up there right now". I finished eating and went to the front desk she said "everything is ok now" and I went to the room. I didn’t think to check anything, I went to bed not giving the problems any thought, until I tried to turn the TV off, the remote had not been fixed, I figured out if I used my thumb nail and pressed really hard on the power button it would work. Tuesday I got up for work, turned the shower on.... and it sprayed water all over the bathroom and fell off again. I called the front desk very irate... Tuesday night I returned from work and the showerhead had FINNALY been replaced, but the TV remote was not. Hotel staff left me a coupon for a free meal and drink at the hotel, I gave them back since it was a company trip and meals are already covered. Why should the company be rewarded a free meal for problems I had to endure? The staff offered no offer compensation. I reported back to the company that this hotel NOT be on the available places to stay list.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues that you were faced with and we urge you to contact the general manager directly if you wish to discuss them further, kat.johnson@hilton.com.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The best hotel experience I have had in over 50 years of traveling. Everything from check-in to check-out was extremely well planned, organized, and executed. The staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were really valued customers, especially the breakfast wait staff. the Hotel location couldn't have been better; easy access and egress very near the Interstate and near many shopping and dining venues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We're incredibly pleased to hear how much you loved our hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us!