“Nice Stay - look forward to staying again”

Ecco Suites Augusta
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Somewhere in US
“Nice Stay - look forward to staying again”
Reviewed 15 September 2009

This was a nice hotel. I stayed here before when it was the Amerisuites and it was the pits. They have done a ton of remodeling and it looks great now. Rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. Mattresses slept good. Breakfast was good. I will be back this way in November and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
reflectandrefresh
Reviewed 24 August 2009

The hotel does have a very beautiful facade and is very well decorated. I commend whomever did their design layout.

I stayed one Sunday night and was generally disappointed with the things that mattered. When we went to go to sleep, our sheet had a giant coffee stain (I hope) on it. I went to exchange it quietly at the front desk and they gave me the wrong size sheet. Also, the light blocking curtains in my room wouldn't close. We had to jury rig the curtains shut using the metal clippers on the hangers in the closet. I've stayed in a few hotels and never had that problem before. It would have been minor if we weren't staring at a street light. A note aside, if you do want to come here and you're a back or side sleeper, you might want to bring your own pillow. Theirs are beautiful, extra fluffy pillows that are probably great for back sleepers but not so hot for the rest of us.

Please note that there is a railway between the road that the hotel is on and the road back out to I-20. We didn't know this when we arrived, and while we couldn't hear it at night, three times (in one day!) we got stuck at a rail crossing for 8-10 minutes. When we got to ask a resident at dinner that night, they said its pretty common. It did add to our trip time around town. I might find somewhere more towards Downtown Augusta for our next stay.

The breakfast was great and the area was quiet. The biggest plus was the decor. They also have a pool and fitness center available that would probably be great for traveling with kids.

Despite this, I (personally) would probably find somewhere else to stay next time I came into Augusta. While it felt elegant, my focus was on finding a dark place to catch the few hours of sleep I could with the least amount of effort. It sort of didn't work out that way.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
connellsville,pa
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I came to Augusta with family and friends to visit my son at Fort Gordon. I stayed for a week. The hotel was spotless. Our room was clean. There was no dust anywhere. No hair anywhere in the bathroom like there is in most hotels. The pool was also cleaned every day. The fitness center was nice with a flat screen in the room. There room was nice. It had a large refrigerator with a freezer, which was really nice. The bathroom was small and there were no towel racks. The towels were pretty rough, which was not good on my sunburn. The hotel is a great location to everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Joyce, one of the house keepers who worked in the laundry room by the pool always asked if we were enjoying our stay and how we were. Even hugged us when we were leaving and told us to have a safe trip home. Over all the hotel is a gem. The most important thing is a clean hotel. It gets 5 stars for cleanliness. The hotel has one floor for smokers and pets which I never knew til our last day. You would never know pets were allowed because there was no pet smell anywhere. I would stay here again if I ever have to return to Augusta.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
lhaller
Reviewed 9 May 2009

We stayed for 5 days, and had a very nice experience. The front desk staff is superb - very helpful and friendly. All of our requests were met in a timely fashion. Everyone there from the maintenance people to the front desk staff made sure our stay was going well.

The beds are pillowtop mattresses, and since I had hip surgery a few years ago, that was the most important aspect of the stay. I slept just like I was at home. They have blackout curtains on the windows which helped us because we're from the west coast, and the time change was difficult to adjust to.

If you're expecting doors on the "suite", you will be disappointed. We knew there was no door from the pictures though. The full-size refrigerator was important to us also, as we were visiting family, and needed to be able to keep water and snacks, which I've always found difficult in the small little dorm-style refrigerators.

I would definitely recommend Jameson Suites to anyone. We will definitely think of staying there again when we visit our family there. It was a great experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I had a business trip in Augusta and chose the Jameson. The location is great! Central to whatever you need. The decor is also very nice. The room was clean to the eye upon first look, but after staying there I noticed some things that grossed me out a bit.

As I was in the shower the first time, I saw hairs all over the tiles. Very apparent that the housekeeper did not clean the tiles after the last guest! Yuck.

I also had a roach in the room. I killed it, and because I was on my way out of the door I left a tissue over it on the floor to see if the housekeeper would clean it up. The tissue was gone when I got back but the dead rach was still there, which says they never vaccuumed. Double Yuck!

Great location, but attention to detail on cleaning is needed.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Mt. Pleasant
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Living in Charleston SC (great hotels here) we were fortunate enough to get stuck right in the middle of Atlanta GA in March for their 15 year SNOW fall!!!! Blizzard!!! After a 4 day hockey trip I did not want to stay nor drive at night at 7pm I booked thru hotw??r ( for half the list price) for a room in Augusta at as it is 2 hours closer to home. Ice and snow are not appealing to driving in. From the moment we walked into the hotel the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Check in was fast easy and guneuly appreciated. I especially liked the fact that they had a frozen food freezer and dry good section and beverage cooler that could be purchased and used in your room after a long day of travel. The room was huge had a living room feel and a bedroom with a very comfortable bed. After the previous night spent in the Crown Plaza in Atlanta I would rank this hotel right up there. At half the price. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise as we were leaving 30 minutes after service time was over it was still hot and fresh.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Hartford, CT
Reviewed 26 January 2009

This was a wonderful hotel! It was much less expensive than the average price shown on this web site. Very well located - central, but not in the middle of the hotel chaos where so many of the other hotels were. The room was big, the bed very comfortable, and the people were all very nice. The breakfast was lovely, and was served in a wide range of times, which was helpful given my early schedule. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Clean, value
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ncmurray