“Reservations are meaningless at this hotel...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Augusta

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #33 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Englewood, Florida
“Reservations are meaningless at this hotel...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was traveling on business with a colleague and had reservations at this Courtyard by Marriott property for April 24 - 27. Imagine our surprise upon check-in to find that only 1 of us could get a room because the hotel had been "over booked". We were informed of this situation only after one of us (me) had checked in and had gone to my room. I received a call from my colleague moments later telling me that the hotel clerk was asking her to stay in my room on a pull-out couch because they had no other rooms.

Excuse me?

I went back to the front desk to inquire as to the situation and our options and was told (dully and without any remorse whatsoever) that they had over-booked by extending the reservations of other guests rather than honoring their reservation commitments to guests like us.

Come again?

The front desk clerk was (1) disinterested, (2) unhelpfui, (3) borderline rude (this last comment is due to the fact that when we first arrived (at 11PM) she was chatting with someone and neither acknowledge our presence verbally or by making any eye contact whatsoever. So we literally stood there for 8 minutes staring at her to be told 20 minutes later - and again - after one of us had already gone to her room - that the hotel had fouled up our reservations.

At midnight we were on our own to find adequate lodging for the night. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE HILTON GARDEN INN NEXT DOOR! The HGI was also full, but their front desk clerk went out of his way to find us a room - and that is where we stayed for the remainder of our time in Augusta.

Will absolutely never patronize this Marriott again and quite frankly will avoid Marriott properties in general.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Please accept my apologies for the incident that happened. This is completely unacceptable, and definitely not a normal occurence at our hotel. The front desk agent has undergone some retraining on how to handle an issue like this, and I am extremely embarrassed and apologetic that this happened. We are glad you found a suitable accomodation at the hotel next door, and again I assure you this is not something that occurs very often at our hotel, or at any Marriott. Thank you. Laura Kitchens, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights over the weekend. The reviews regarding the renovated lobby are overstated. The rooms, corridors and hotel exterior are reminiscent of much less costly hotels with much lower ratings. The dust on the furnishings (lamp shades, chairs and picture frames), wet, damp feel to the room and broken bathtub and floor tiles really put me off with the amount I had paid to stay. The room we stayed in was close to the stairs, but I didn't mind the noise as much as I did the bugs we found on the first night. Mind you, at first we thought they were bed bugs, but it turned out to be just some type of food-seeking bugs. There were only a few the first night and so we took our food trash out of the room and cleaned the surfaces to see if that would do the trick. Not at all! The next night, the area where the TV sat and desk were covered with a colony of these little ant-like bugs crawling all over the place. A quick look under the window covering near the heat/ac system revealed the apparent entrance for these critters. Needless to say, I slept very lightly that night and left at first light. I would not stay here again and I LOVE Marriott hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Overall your average Courtyard stay with pleasent staff and clean rooms. Has reasonable workout equipment and clean rooms but lacks an elevator.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lawrenceville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here to get a break from the kids. I walked into the lobby to get a quote on a room. I was very impressed with the recent lobby renovations. The lobby is absolutely beautiful. Very contemporary styling so I assumed the rooms had been renovated as well WRONGGGGG!!!! It appears they spent every dime on the lobby with the slate tile and the interactive touch screen flat screen TV that provided info on local restaurants & entertainment. The carpet in the rooms hadn't been changed since the late 90's based on the pattern. The bed was atrocious. I probably would've been more comfortable on a bed of nails. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Not Worth the $115 we spent. Should have been $59.95!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank exprice
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Augusta has been remodeled and is in great condition. New mattress and sleep like a business man appreciates and a 40" flat screen in the room. Victoria met me at the front desk and was so nice and accommodating after a long drive.

Room Tip: ask for a second floor on the inside
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
dublin, ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have previously had positive experiences with other Courtyards but my experience here was negative. The facility is older, not very clean, and service was poor. My wife is handicapped so I booked two rooms (one for her caregiver) for two nights to be adjacent with one being a handicap accessible with king bed. We arrived at bedtime to be told no king bed until I complained that I had a guaranteed special needs reservation. Then, I was given a king room that was not handicap accessible which I rejected. Then I was given a double but the caregiver's room was not even a few doors away but across the facility. I was promised adjacent rooms for the next night but the next day was told that room was booked. When I complained, the front desk clerk nonchalantly offered me a free beer as recompense. Overall, a terrible experience for $700+. Anyone who gives this place a 4 or 5 rating must be used to dumps. I'll never stay there again.

Room Tip: don't use the 800# for reservations. Apparently their computers and the property computer don...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

This was a great place to stay, I cannot say enough about the friendly employees.

The rooms were clean and very spacious. The basics were great the bed was big and comfortable and the pillows were GREAT. My husband and I also enjoyed the amenities such as free internet, a huge HD TV, a mini fridge, and microwave.

The furnishings were also practical. The common areas very contemporary and they were kept very clean.

The only negative about the hotel was that there was a bad smell in the halls the night we stayed. The smell did not enter the room. The room smelled clean and fresh.

Would stay here again and would recommend this to a friend.

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business