“Great Stay in Augusta”

Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay in Augusta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed with family members in early June and had a nice time. The hotel is very convenient from exit 199 off I-20. There are plenty of places to eat and shop on the nearby street (Washington Rd.). The room was clean and comfortable. I slept well on the bed except it kept sliding off, with the lack of frame. Pillows were very soft and supportive. The bathroom was a little space and difficult to maneuver in, but clean. I did not have time use the gym this trip due to family events, but I will check it out next trip.

I had breakfast one morning in the hotel and it was pretty good, but pricey. It did not come with our room, so we had to pay out of pocket. They had muffins as well as other items cooked or ready to eat. The staff warmed my muffin for me, which was a nice service.

Over all the staff was more than kind to us. They are very friendly, helpful and went out of their way to do everything to make us feel comfortable and serve us as their customers.

The only thing I would like to mention is they need to think about how they handle things late at night. (I did not really discuss this with them, so I hope this is not unfair to talk about...) A family member returned some keys to us very late one night and left them with the front desk. They sent a man to our door at around 1AM, knocking and did not really explain what he wanted. Of course, I did not open the door to a stranger, especially a man at that hour. I called the desk to find out what was going on. They said that he was the night custodian and he had some keys for us. I think it would have been better if they had called us from the desk and either requested one of us to go get the keys or inform us they were sending the custodian with our keys. It was not a happy scene for me.

Also, they need to be careful about giving out people's room number to non-guests. We had an incident that could have turned into a big problem when an angry person showed up at our room unexpectedly. The person did not know our room number from the family...so I'm guessing desk told her??? Anyway, I hope they will consider this a security risk and be more careful in the future. Hopefully, someone from their chain will read this and make adjustments in their procedures. Despite these criticisms, I would still stay here in the future and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Consider the pool in summer when choosing a room due to noise level, although it did not directly af...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here one night while on business. Location is great with shopping and restaurants ll around. Service was prompt and friendly, room was clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary C
Englewood, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was traveling on business with a colleague and had reservations at this Courtyard by Marriott property for April 24 - 27. Imagine our surprise upon check-in to find that only 1 of us could get a room because the hotel had been "over booked". We were informed of this situation only after one of us (me) had checked in and had gone to my room. I received a call from my colleague moments later telling me that the hotel clerk was asking her to stay in my room on a pull-out couch because they had no other rooms.

Excuse me?

I went back to the front desk to inquire as to the situation and our options and was told (dully and without any remorse whatsoever) that they had over-booked by extending the reservations of other guests rather than honoring their reservation commitments to guests like us.

Come again?

The front desk clerk was (1) disinterested, (2) unhelpfui, (3) borderline rude (this last comment is due to the fact that when we first arrived (at 11PM) she was chatting with someone and neither acknowledge our presence verbally or by making any eye contact whatsoever. So we literally stood there for 8 minutes staring at her to be told 20 minutes later - and again - after one of us had already gone to her room - that the hotel had fouled up our reservations.

At midnight we were on our own to find adequate lodging for the night. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE HILTON GARDEN INN NEXT DOOR! The HGI was also full, but their front desk clerk went out of his way to find us a room - and that is where we stayed for the remainder of our time in Augusta.

Will absolutely never patronize this Marriott again and quite frankly will avoid Marriott properties in general.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Please accept my apologies for the incident that happened. This is completely unacceptable, and definitely not a normal occurence at our hotel. The front desk agent has undergone some retraining on how to handle an issue like this, and I am extremely embarrassed and apologetic that this happened. We are glad you found a suitable accomodation at the hotel next door, and again I assure you this is not something that occurs very often at our hotel, or at any Marriott. Thank you. Laura Kitchens, GM

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights over the weekend. The reviews regarding the renovated lobby are overstated. The rooms, corridors and hotel exterior are reminiscent of much less costly hotels with much lower ratings. The dust on the furnishings (lamp shades, chairs and picture frames), wet, damp feel to the room and broken bathtub and floor tiles really put me off with the amount I had paid to stay. The room we stayed in was close to the stairs, but I didn't mind the noise as much as I did the bugs we found on the first night. Mind you, at first we thought they were bed bugs, but it turned out to be just some type of food-seeking bugs. There were only a few the first night and so we took our food trash out of the room and cleaned the surfaces to see if that would do the trick. Not at all! The next night, the area where the TV sat and desk were covered with a colony of these little ant-like bugs crawling all over the place. A quick look under the window covering near the heat/ac system revealed the apparent entrance for these critters. Needless to say, I slept very lightly that night and left at first light. I would not stay here again and I LOVE Marriott hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Overall your average Courtyard stay with pleasent staff and clean rooms. Has reasonable workout equipment and clean rooms but lacks an elevator.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Lawrenceville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here to get a break from the kids. I walked into the lobby to get a quote on a room. I was very impressed with the recent lobby renovations. The lobby is absolutely beautiful. Very contemporary styling so I assumed the rooms had been renovated as well WRONGGGGG!!!! It appears they spent every dime on the lobby with the slate tile and the interactive touch screen flat screen TV that provided info on local restaurants & entertainment. The carpet in the rooms hadn't been changed since the late 90's based on the pattern. The bed was atrocious. I probably would've been more comfortable on a bed of nails. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Not Worth the $115 we spent. Should have been $59.95!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank exprice
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

The Marriott Courtyard in Augusta has been remodeled and is in great condition. New mattress and sleep like a business man appreciates and a 40" flat screen in the room. Victoria met me at the front desk and was so nice and accommodating after a long drive.

Room Tip: ask for a second floor on the inside
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business