“This is by far the worst courtyard Marriott.”
Review of Courtyard Augusta

Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Our vacation this summer, we chose to look for Courtyard Marriott due to the consistently high standard we could expect.....until we got to this courtyard in Agusta. Besides not having an elevator....the public hallways carpets were filthy, stained and hot....plus the bathroom floors in our room had grout that was aged and showed revealing paint stains. You can tell this was an older hotel conversion that was not converted to the same standard. The air conditioning was faulty to top it all off. So very disappointed.....

Room Tip: No elevators....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Therzog

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent two days here and enjoyed the hotel. The service was good, the room was nice and
clean, and the grounds were very decorative. The hotel concept is unique to me, in that they
have a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner( no lunch) as part of the main lobby. Coffee is free. They have individual booths for six people, with your own TV. There is also a
large tv and ample confortable seating in the lobby. I would stay here again, if in Augusta.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

What a shock when I checked into this Marriott Courtyard. I have been a Marriott Rewards member for years and this is possibly the worst Marriott I have even encountered. The hotel is literallty filthy! The property is old, furnishings worn out, this is a two story hotel with no elevator so you drag your bags/computer cases etc up and down stairs. There were hairs on the "clean" bed which appeared to not have clean sheets, the linens are stained and have holes in them. Marriott should be ashamed to call this their property. I must say the staff was as accomodating as they could be but there is not much they can do about sub standard accomodations! So disappointed in Marriott

Room Tip: Dont stay at this property!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have stayed here several times, the staff is always very pleasant and always ready to serve. The rooms are always clean, everything is usually i good working order accept this time, the arm of my couch in the room was broken down, I told the front desk, but since it was just me there for a quick trip i didnt need to change rooms. The pool was very refreshing as always

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed with family members in early June and had a nice time. The hotel is very convenient from exit 199 off I-20. There are plenty of places to eat and shop on the nearby street (Washington Rd.). The room was clean and comfortable. I slept well on the bed except it kept sliding off, with the lack of frame. Pillows were very soft and supportive. The bathroom was a little space and difficult to maneuver in, but clean. I did not have time use the gym this trip due to family events, but I will check it out next trip.

I had breakfast one morning in the hotel and it was pretty good, but pricey. It did not come with our room, so we had to pay out of pocket. They had muffins as well as other items cooked or ready to eat. The staff warmed my muffin for me, which was a nice service.

Over all the staff was more than kind to us. They are very friendly, helpful and went out of their way to do everything to make us feel comfortable and serve us as their customers.

The only thing I would like to mention is they need to think about how they handle things late at night. (I did not really discuss this with them, so I hope this is not unfair to talk about...) A family member returned some keys to us very late one night and left them with the front desk. They sent a man to our door at around 1AM, knocking and did not really explain what he wanted. Of course, I did not open the door to a stranger, especially a man at that hour. I called the desk to find out what was going on. They said that he was the night custodian and he had some keys for us. I think it would have been better if they had called us from the desk and either requested one of us to go get the keys or inform us they were sending the custodian with our keys. It was not a happy scene for me.

Also, they need to be careful about giving out people's room number to non-guests. We had an incident that could have turned into a big problem when an angry person showed up at our room unexpectedly. The person did not know our room number from the family...so I'm guessing desk told her??? Anyway, I hope they will consider this a security risk and be more careful in the future. Hopefully, someone from their chain will read this and make adjustments in their procedures. Despite these criticisms, I would still stay here in the future and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Consider the pool in summer when choosing a room due to noise level, although it did not directly af...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here one night while on business. Location is great with shopping and restaurants ll around. Service was prompt and friendly, room was clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I was traveling on business with a colleague and had reservations at this Courtyard by Marriott property for April 24 - 27. Imagine our surprise upon check-in to find that only 1 of us could get a room because the hotel had been "over booked". We were informed of this situation only after one of us (me) had checked in and had gone to my room. I received a call from my colleague moments later telling me that the hotel clerk was asking her to stay in my room on a pull-out couch because they had no other rooms.

Excuse me?

I went back to the front desk to inquire as to the situation and our options and was told (dully and without any remorse whatsoever) that they had over-booked by extending the reservations of other guests rather than honoring their reservation commitments to guests like us.

Come again?

The front desk clerk was (1) disinterested, (2) unhelpfui, (3) borderline rude (this last comment is due to the fact that when we first arrived (at 11PM) she was chatting with someone and neither acknowledge our presence verbally or by making any eye contact whatsoever. So we literally stood there for 8 minutes staring at her to be told 20 minutes later - and again - after one of us had already gone to her room - that the hotel had fouled up our reservations.

At midnight we were on our own to find adequate lodging for the night. THANK GOODNESS FOR THE HILTON GARDEN INN NEXT DOOR! The HGI was also full, but their front desk clerk went out of his way to find us a room - and that is where we stayed for the remainder of our time in Augusta.

Will absolutely never patronize this Marriott again and quite frankly will avoid Marriott properties in general.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Please accept my apologies for the incident that happened. This is completely unacceptable, and definitely not a normal occurence at our hotel. The front desk agent has undergone some retraining on how to handle an issue like this, and I am extremely embarrassed and apologetic that this happened. We are glad you found a suitable accomodation at the hotel next door, and again I assure you this is not something that occurs very often at our hotel, or at any Marriott. Thank you. Laura Kitchens, GM