“Quality Customer Service, Clean Hotel”
Review of Courtyard Augusta

Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #39 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This hotel is fairly typical of the Courtyard brand, which tend to be a bit more stylized than its competitors but also does not offer a free breakfast.

The superior customer service was recognizable immediately; I had come in via a side door which was not locked. Upon greeting me (courteously), the staff member asked how I had come in. Once I told her, she immediately called someone to repair the door (there was a slot for a key card, apparently it had malfunctioned). After this, my check-in went very smoothly. Because there was an evening NFL game, they had a drink special, which was also offered to me.

Rooms are typical for this class; decent sized for a single person, a king bed which was very comfortable. There are two things that I believe could be improved upon:

TV: The TV offered HD channels except...for the NFL network. Considering that Marriot is an NFL sponsor (they go out of the way to mention this), this is somewhat inexplicable--unless it is a problem with the local cable provider.

Bathroom: Courtyards atttempt to distinguish themselves though styling--this is apparent in the lobby, the grounds, and the room. The bathroom, however, is very plain. This is not the worst thing in the world--it was clean--but it's a bit jarring to go from the beige and brown high contrast bedroom to the stark white bathroom.

Overall, a very nice hotel that I would very happily stay in the next time I'm in Augusta.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Friendly Staff, Clean Room, Convenient Location, the Cafe prices are way too expensive, the rate was reasonable when the AAA discount was applied. The toiletries were not very good. The courtyard and pool very appealing and clean. I was a bit surprised to see that there was a smoking area in courtyard.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the actual courtyard view rather than the highway
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I only stayed here for one night after leaving Atlanta. The hotel is nice and clean, very modern in the lobby area, courtyard is really nice with great landscaping, and nice pool. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Niko88_11
Reviewed 31 August 2012

First let me say that this hotel is not a bad place to stay. It hits the mark in many areas: impressive lobby, great parking accomodations, excellent internet service, nice pool area and overall clean appearance. However, if this is a Courtyard, it falls a bit short.
It has this cafe in the lobby that sells everything too expensive for the area it is in. You can walk out the door, turn right at the corner and there is a Dennis that sells everything 50% cheaper. This place is not cheap compared to other hotels, so I do not understand why there is no complimentary breakfast.

There are no elevators, so don't bring heavy bags or request a bottom floor. The rooms are not that quiet. I could hear my next door neighbor talk, walk, and even have sex.

The overall feel is of a cheap hotel that got converted into a Courtyard, but it didn't quite hit the mark. Although it has location, parking and a great attentive staff, I still feel like I did not get my money's worth.

Room Tip: select rooms away from stairwells and that don't have that connecting door in between if you wan...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

After a long day's drive from Virginia Beach, we tested our GPS system and luckily found this Marriott. We made the reservation in just a few moments and a few moments later were checked into the room! The clerk was very courteous and helpful and the room was spacious, clean and really quite comfortable. The bedding was great and luxurious.

Room Tip: The hotel has two floors, but no elevator. Our room upstairs was very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Our vacation this summer, we chose to look for Courtyard Marriott due to the consistently high standard we could expect.....until we got to this courtyard in Agusta. Besides not having an elevator....the public hallways carpets were filthy, stained and hot....plus the bathroom floors in our room had grout that was aged and showed revealing paint stains. You can tell this was an older hotel conversion that was not converted to the same standard. The air conditioning was faulty to top it all off. So very disappointed.....

Room Tip: No elevators....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Therzog
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We spent two days here and enjoyed the hotel. The service was good, the room was nice and
clean, and the grounds were very decorative. The hotel concept is unique to me, in that they
have a restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner( no lunch) as part of the main lobby. Coffee is free. They have individual booths for six people, with your own TV. There is also a
large tv and ample confortable seating in the lobby. I would stay here again, if in Augusta.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family