“Not worth it”

Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

While the cleaniness of the hotel we great that was about it. The parking was horrible. Zero consideration for guests if the are pullig a tralier or have a larger vehicle. The bathroom door you need to manuvuer are he toilet to open. Whoever thouht it was a good idea to have the bathroom light needs to rethink that idea. The air conditioner...well lets just that if its set at 70 you will still sweat your butt off. May have been my room but whatever. This hotel has the new bistro restaraunt. Over price food that any other eatery can out do on a bad day. I will say that my husband had a breakfast sandwich that tasted good but not worth the price. If i ever travel through augusta again i will be stay else where or stay at a different marriott hotel in a different city.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Baltimore
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I only stayed here for one night but it was a pleasant stay! The gentleman at check-in was very friendly and it was a breeze. You could tell that the place must have recently gone through some renovations. The lobby area was clean and welcoming.

My room was nice. It was a good size room that featured a fridge and microwave. I didn't make use of either but it was nice to know they were there if needed. The room was clean and I didn't have any issues.

Sunday morning before checking out I headed to the little cafe' in the lobby. The woman working there was very friendly and service was quick, especially since she was the only one there. I got a banana strawberry smoothie and it was perfect!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We arrived at 5 PM with a reservation and no need to wait. There were no lines, and the service was prompt. In a matter of moments we were in our room.

The room was clean, comfortable and well arranged with a king bed, flat screen TV, cable, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, desk and sofa sleeper. There was an outdoor saltwater swimming pool which guests were enjoying though the water was a little too cold for me at the time. The hotel once had a hot tub, but this was removed when the hotel was recently renovated. (My only disappointment with our stay...) The hotel had a small exercise room with three tread mills, an elliptical, a stationary bike, free weights, and auxilliary equipment.

The staff was courteous and friendly. They made us feel welcome and did whatever was necessary to make us feel at home.

The hotel is located outside of downtown but within easy access to anywhere you want to be.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Westminster, CO
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family.
Checkin was friendly. They gave me a 1st floor room with a courtyard and pool view. The room had a fridge (always a plus) and a little patio that was quite relaxing to have.
The stay should have been more pleasant than it was. Almost rated a 2, but decided on a 3 based on the above factors. Here are the detractors:
-- Found a roach on the bathroom vanity. It happens but still gross.
-- Shower had water flow issues.
-- Bathroom was very sloppily finished. Someone probably did the finishing job over a lunch break.
-- Towel rack fell off the wall. It was "fixed". Fell off a 2nd time. This is not from yanking towels, just trying to hang them up after use.
-- Front desk was unmanned for over 1 hour. We called 3 times over an hour's time to get the bathroom issues fixed. No answer. We called maintenance, and we got an answering machine telling us to call the front desk.
This hotel is missing some finishings that make the overall appearance sloppy. Invest some money and/or time maintaining your hotel's rooms. An unmanned front desk with no answering service should NOT happen.
I wouldn't stay here again for business or pleasure. They need to tighten up the ship here.

Room Tip: 1st floor on the interior to the courtyard. This avoids parking and road noise, and gives you a pat...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard, and thank you for your honest feedback. The experience you had at our hotel is definitely not the quality that we aim for with Marriott, and I do apologize that you experienced these issues. I will speak with the appropriate departments to ensure everyone is on the same page, and that it does not happen again. I do hope that you will come back and try us again, please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to make a reservation. Again, I apologize for the unacceptable issues - here at Courtyard by Marriott we want to make sure every guest has a stay that exceeds their expectations.

Laura Kitchens
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Location is quite good for access to highways, restaurants in the area. Staff were super friendly and helpful. One person in my party complained that there is no elevator (2 story hotel), but for me it was no big deal. Lobby is great setup for informal meetings, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you have heavy bags - there is no elevator to get to second floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you so much for staying! I am glad you had a great experience!

Laura Kitchens
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We arrived here at 9:30 pm without a reservation since we were just passing through. The front desk person was extremely helpful!! (I wish I could remember her name). She helped us secure a room that was excellent!! The room was very clean, spacious and had super comfortable beds.
It was quiet so we could get a good night rest before driving again the next day. I had checked trip advisor and did not see this hotel listed near the top so I guess most of the TA hotel reviews were for extended stay places that are used during the golf tournament. What a shame, as this hotel should certainly be at the TOP of the hotel reviews!! It was a bit difficult to find once we got off the interstate. More signs directing you to the hotel would be helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights during Masters week. I very highly recommend them. Close to the Masters (1.8 miles I think), comfortable, clean, modern rooms, with free WiFi, and a free shuttle to the Masters. They offered a room with two queen beds, which was mandatory for me (four travelers). The staff was absolutely top of the line; very friendly and very accommodating. There is friendly and helpful, and then there is the helpful friendly I experienced here; this was much higher. I truly felt treated like royalty. The people at the bar/restaurant also went way over and above, by making my hard-to-please five-year old something that was not on the menu. I'll definitely be back (if I ever get tickets to the Masters again. :) )

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family