“Very reasonable hotel option”
Review of Courtyard Augusta

Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Jasper, GA
“Very reasonable hotel option”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel has been around for a long time, but it is very up-to-date and clean. The hotel has been renovated to the new Courtyard lobby. At check-in the staff appeared a little distracted and diffident, but service was fine. You pay for your breakfast at the hotel. I had oatmeal which was reasonably priced and tasted great. The breakfast staff was very friendly and provided exceptional service. The fitness center is clean with very good equipment. Two treadmills and they were very modern. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a couple nights. The staff was friendly. And the and the hotel and room was clean. They had a little bar and resturant. Mostly deli type food (wraps, sandwiches, salads and frozen pizza). Kind of pricey considering there wasn't a free breakfast or an elevator.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We work hard to maintain the Marriott standard that our guests expect, and I am so glad you were pleased. I hope that we see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed overnight for a business trip. The hotel has a bright and attractive decor and is very clean. My room had a king bed with a microwave and refrig. I would stay again. There are plenty of dining choices in the area. The only reason I'm not giving an excellent rating is they don't include breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ockendon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had an overnight stay here on the way to atlanta. Although the hotel is in the middle of nowhere it was extremely comfortable. The food/drink and staff were really great and made the short stay well welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sduke22
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Laura Kitchens
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Augusta, GA. I flew into Augusta for business. I loved how the lobby is very bright and attractive when you first walk in. I was greeted by Stephanie at the front desk with a smile. Stephanie had the BEST customer service and made me feel very welcome. When I got to my room and saw how beautiful it was, I was very happy. I felt very at home away from home my entire stay at this hotel.

-Ariel Love

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Ms. Love -

SO GLAD YOU LOVED YOUR STAY! You are the perfect example of how we at the Courtyard Augusta, aim to make every guest feel about their stay! I am so glad you had such a great experience with Stephanie! I will make sure she is recognized for the outstanding service she delivered to you! See you next time!
Laura
Virginia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I frequent Augusta for work and for a change of pace and Marriott points decided to stay at the Courtyard. This hotel is an older hotel that has been renovated as a Courtyard. The rooms are up to the Courtyard standard and include their private balconies (overlooking parking lot). The check in process was quick and simple as always at Courtyard. The rooms was up to the standard, had a nice bathroom and was very clean. Also included a mini fridge and microwave which was appreciated. The only downside (as always) with Courtyard is the lack of an included breakfast. Stop nickel and diming the people who pay for your rooms and include a breakfast. Would stay again. Convenient location right off I-20.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thanks so much for the positive comments! We have completed many projects this year to keep the hotel updated and a great place for our guests to stay. I do apologize that Courtyard as a brand, does not offer complimentary breakfast - much like many other hotel brands that do not offer free breakfast. However, we are very proud of our restaurant, The Bistro - and hope that you got to experience the freshly prepared food we serve. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope that we will see you again soon when you are in Augusta!

Laura
Atlanta
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This had been one of the properties I stayed at often years ago and stopped as it had become tired. That is no longer the case. Complete interior remodel to a well situated property: close to i20 and 520 as well as the best restaurants and minutes from the downtown cafes and night life.
The staff has for years been excellent and this trip proved even more so. There continues to be confusion with regards to the breakfast for Gold and Platinum members. This is evidenced by the Marriott insiders discussions and I have received breakfast at some Courtyards. The proactive person running the am (11.26) on site cafe comp our breakfast. I sincerely said we would pay but did not understand why we had to. The front desk showed the same proactive interaction. Good work in proactive training GM! Needless to say, I'm back at the Courtyard in Augusta.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello! Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff, and so glad you like the renovated rooms! I am glad we were able to reign you back in! Regarding the breakfast - we have a restaurant on site at the hotel (The Bistro) that has an a la carte menu for guests to choose and purchase. We do not offer complimentary breakfast to Platinum and Gold members - that is a perk of your rewards membership when you stay at a Full Service Property (for example, the Augusta Marriott and Convention Center, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, Etc.) We do offer rates that do include breakfast so that you can bundle your room and breakfast together! Just look for those rates online when you book, or ask when you are making your reservation. I do understand how it can be confusing with all the Elite Benefits Marriott offers, just remember that some benefits are specific to certain Brands (Renaissance, Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Springhill Suites, etc.). However, I am so glad the staff was ready to assist you (perhaps they have been listening to me after all!!!) :)
Thanks again, and I am glad you are back with us! -Laura