“There are no elevators=OLD”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Augusta

Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Charleston, South Carolina
“There are no elevators=OLD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Good location, superior customer service. Same, very limited menu as most Courtyards. I could not be upgraded (I am a Platinum member) because all the suites are on the second floor? Or had been already booked. THE WEB SITE DOES NOT MENTION THIS !

• Stayed March 2014
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Janet,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard in Augusta. I am glad that you enjoyed our superior customer service. Indeed, we do not have an elevator in our hotel. We do only have 2 floors, and are more than happy to assist anyone who needs help with luggage. We have a total of 12 suites in the hotel, with 6 on the first floor and 6 on the second floor. As a Platinum elite member, you are entitled to an upgrade if one is available. We do have many guests who purchase our suites, so sometimes we do not have any available for upgrade. I do apologize. However, I do hope you will visit us again! Our Bistro offers a core menu of items, and we do have 3-4 menu items that rotate seasonally (4 times a year) so that we can continue to offer new selections to our regular guests. Thank you for being a loyal Platiinum member, and I hope you will continue to stay with us and with Marriott.

Laura Kitchens, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Eva, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 days/nights and found nothing wrong here! We got the last bottom room with 2 queen beds. Very roomy and clean. Fridge & microwave were handy. Beds very comfortable, quiet nights. Room was beside the pool with sliding door and screen door which was nice with the 80 degree days! Also chairs and table just outside the room to enjoy. Would definately stay here again if room available on bottom floor, as the stairs would have rough with all we carry with us and we're not as young as we used to be lol

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelia L
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and loved your room! What a treat to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather, sitting out on the patio of your room! We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Courtyard!
Laura Kitchens, General Manager
Jasper, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel has been around for a long time, but it is very up-to-date and clean. The hotel has been renovated to the new Courtyard lobby. At check-in the staff appeared a little distracted and diffident, but service was fine. You pay for your breakfast at the hotel. I had oatmeal which was reasonably priced and tasted great. The breakfast staff was very friendly and provided exceptional service. The fitness center is clean with very good equipment. Two treadmills and they were very modern. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a couple nights. The staff was friendly. And the and the hotel and room was clean. They had a little bar and resturant. Mostly deli type food (wraps, sandwiches, salads and frozen pizza). Kind of pricey considering there wasn't a free breakfast or an elevator.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments. We work hard to maintain the Marriott standard that our guests expect, and I am so glad you were pleased. I hope that we see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed overnight for a business trip. The hotel has a bright and attractive decor and is very clean. My room had a king bed with a microwave and refrig. I would stay again. There are plenty of dining choices in the area. The only reason I'm not giving an excellent rating is they don't include breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ockendon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had an overnight stay here on the way to atlanta. Although the hotel is in the middle of nowhere it was extremely comfortable. The food/drink and staff were really great and made the short stay well welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sduke22
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Laura Kitchens
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just recently stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Augusta, GA. I flew into Augusta for business. I loved how the lobby is very bright and attractive when you first walk in. I was greeted by Stephanie at the front desk with a smile. Stephanie had the BEST customer service and made me feel very welcome. When I got to my room and saw how beautiful it was, I was very happy. I felt very at home away from home my entire stay at this hotel.

-Ariel Love

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Ms. Love -

SO GLAD YOU LOVED YOUR STAY! You are the perfect example of how we at the Courtyard Augusta, aim to make every guest feel about their stay! I am so glad you had such a great experience with Stephanie! I will make sure she is recognized for the outstanding service she delivered to you! See you next time!
Laura