“Nice but overpriced”
Review of Courtyard Augusta

Courtyard Augusta
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a King w/ a couch. The room was pretty spacious. The room appeared to be clean and smelled refreshing after housekeeping cleaned on our 2nd night. The air conditioner made too much noise. It sounded like water splashing throughout the night. The fire alarm flashed throughout the night as well which was located directly over our heads. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Every morning I was woken up by the noise housekeeping knocking on the neighbor doors (so much for my DND sign) also I'm assuming when they carried their carts upstairs to clean the rooms above us on the second floor, I had to listen to loud thud sounds until they were out of range from cleaning. I am assuming it was housekeeping bc every morning it was the same familiar noise. The Bistro is extremely overpriced. I spent nearly $20 and all I ordered was 3 pieces of French toast, bacon and potatoes with an apple juice. Last but not least we extended out stay one more night after already checking out bc I had to follow up with my Dr. We requested the same room. We checked back in around 2:20 PM. The clerk said the room should be clean so she gave us our keys. We entered the room and it was exactly how we left it. Housekeeping rushed over to clean it. After they "cleaned" the room we went bk in around 2:50 and the bed was remade but the linen had not been changed. I didn't make a fuss only because I figured they knew we extended our stay and wanted to hurry and have to room ready for us however my biggest concern was do they always change the linen or just make the bed if it looks clean....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

HI Briana!

Thanks for your response! I am glad your found your room spacious and clean! We do change all linens on each checkout, and as part of Marriott's Green Initiative to conserve resources, we change sheets on every third night if you are staying over. We are happy to change linens at any time per our guest's request. I have reached out to you directly so that I can address your other specific concerns. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope that we see you again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

this is a much smaller courtyard than the typical one. It is well located close to many resturant options. it has only two floors. Rooms are new and renovated. Hall way seems to be undergoing work as carpets are stained. Staff is friendly. if you are looking for a elevator than this hotel does not have one . Don't see a reason for having one too ,with only two floor.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 2nd floor away from the staircase
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hello! Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel and our staff! We are centrally located in Augusta next to lots of great restaurants, and we do have our own onsite restaurant in the hotel - The Bistro. We serve a freshly made for you breakfast, and we are also open for dinner and drinks each night. I hope you got to enjoy the Bistro during your stay. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing your again if you are in Augusta!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great place to stay while in town on business. The lobby is designed with the new Courtyard look and interactive screen in the lobby. Starbucks bar for drinks and breakfast. USA paper was delivered to my room? That has not happend in some time. Great service! The gym is an average hotel gym but the fact that the temperature was on 66 degrees made the workout easy. The courtyard outside by the pool was very clean and made it a friendy and nice hangout spot for guests. All of the staff are very friendly and looking to go the extra mile during your stay. Nice touch having plenty of free parking.

Room Tip: There is no elevator but ask for a room facing the courtyard/pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Wow! I am so excited to hear that you had such a wonderful stay! Our staff is fantastic, and we work very hard to make sure all of our guests have and enjoyable experience at our hotel. Thank you for the great feedback, and I hope we see you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I keep coming back to this hotel-it's right off Washington Rd. and is close to all the restaurants you could ever want! All of the folks here are super friendly and truly make you feel like you're at home! Stephanie, the front desk attendant was great on adding our Marriott points and seeing that my room selection was just what I'd asked for (it was) and San over in the Bistro goes above and beyond to make sure your food is good and hot! San has been at this location for many years and what a gem she is!! Sooo sweet!
My Mom grew up in Augusta 84 yrs. ago and every time we come back to visit, we feel like we're coming home because this staff makes our stay so enjoyable!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Judy! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I am so happy to hear that Stephanie and San provided such great service to you, and I will be sure to show your review with both of them (and our entire staff)! Our goal is to make every guest feel like they are at home, and it sounds like that is exactly what we did! Thank you again, and I look foward to seeing you next time! -Laura

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard Augusta while on a business trip and felt this was a great location in town. My room was very clean and comfortable. I stayed on the far back side of the hotel which was very quiet and relaxing.

This location is very close to many restaurants of all different styles and price points. If you are attending the Masters and can get a hotel, Augusta National is right down the road.

This would be my hotel of choice when coming back to Augusta for business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear you had a quiet, relaxing stay in your clean comfortable room! We strive to accomplish those things for each and every guest, and I am so happy to hear we did that for you! We hope to see you again soon!

Laura Kitchens, GM

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel had numerous issues that I considered unsatisfactory. Very poor placement of TV sets next to the beds requiring you to watch TV "sideways". Wall airconditioners that continuously "kicked off" before adaquately cooling the room. Minimal counter space in bathrooms. Dressing room mirrors should be on the walls, NOT inside the closet doors where you can't open them far enough to see anything. No compimentary breakfast, just a pricey pay as you go "cafe" located in the lobby. Absolutely no space on bedside tables to put anything, just a tiny little counter. None of the HD channels came through clearly on my TV. The signal constantly broke apart. Not possible to watch a movie. This was a business trip and I spent very little time in the room, thank goodness.
Nice touches included a fridge and microwave in the room and the staff was very friendly.
Overall, however, I don't think I will stay there again on my next business trip. OK for an overnight but I need something more comfortable for multiple nights. Oh, did I mention there is no elevator for the second floor and it took me 4 trips up the stairs to carry my business equipment to my room. Only fair to mention that the friendly staff did offer to help carry things!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor if you have lots of heavy stuff to carry. Stop at the nearby &qu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vintagelinensbylois
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for choosng to stay with us at the Courtyard in Augusta for your recent business trip. I am sorry that the physical layout of the room did not meet your expectations while you were here, and I will talk to the team to see if there any way we are able to reconfigure the existing items. I will also check to make sure that the tv channels are all working properly. I am glad that you enjoyed having the fridge and microwave in your room, and that our staff was helpful. We try to do our best to assist all our guests in regard to the fact that we have 2 floors and no elevator. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay further, and I hope that you will continue to stay with the Marriott brand, even if our hotel does not fit your specific needs. We do have 2 other great Marriott properties in the city, and I would be happy to assist you in any way in regards to those hotels. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Check in was easy, pleasant. Found out that there was no elevator, bummer. Nothing available on the first floor. "There are only 15 stairs".....?? Two queen beds. Very comfy, no issue there. We were in town for an event, so on return around 10:30 PM, discovered that our sink stopper wouldn't stay open, so the sink wouldn't drain. My husband rigged a way to keep it open. Then we discovered that the toilet water would "run" for about 15 seconds, then stop for 5 minutes, then start again. ALL NIGHT. My husband worked on it several times and couldn't get it to stop. Around 3 AM he finally turned the water off to the toilet, then back on the next AM.

But, the worst was the noise in the hall and rooms on the floor. The door knocking, loud talking in the hall, loud "partying?" in the rooms around us. At times, it sounded like the folks in the rooms around us were all wrestling, crashing into the walls and doors. Lots of door slamming. This continued until 3 AM. But, started again at 7 AM when they all started checking out. I'm not sure how many rooms were involved, but sounded like 5-6. You might ask why we didn't complain? Everytime we thought it settled down, 5 minutes later it would start again. Also, complaining never really seems to help. It sometimes makes the folks around you angry and louder.

When I checked out around 10 AM, I mentioned all this to a very nice, smiling young man at the desk. He said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, you are not the first to complain. We had a basketball group in the hotel last night." I responded, "if there were complaints, why didn't someone do something about it while the noise was going on?" He responded, "I don't know, I wasn't here".

I asked if he would please pass on our concerns and maybe have plumbing work on the sink and toilet. He said he would.

He said I could take a snack from the little concession area. I said unfortunately that wouldn't help my lack of sleep. I asked if that is the only thing he could offer me, and he said yes.

I am a Marriott rewards member, do not complain about hotels, as most are very responsive at the time of service. But, this one took me by surprise. Unfortunately, I won't return to this location.

Room Tip: Make sure there isn't a large group around you. Inquire about what might be done if there is an...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
CYAUGUSTA, General Manager at Courtyard Augusta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for the maintenance issues and have my chief engineer working on that so it will not happen to another guest. I do apologize that we did not have that fixed before you all arrived. Regarding the noise complaints, we did have a group of teenage basketball teams in the hotel, and I am sorry that we were not effective in keeping them quiet. I will be reviewing with my management team on how we can do better in the future. I have reached out to you directly with an offer to refund the entire charge of your room for all the inconvienences, and I am truly sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. It is our intent and expectation of Marriott that all of our guests enjoy their hotel stay with us. Please accept my apologies, and I will review your comments with all my team members so that we can improve our service and response methods in the future.