“Awesome Experience & Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
“Awesome Experience & Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Our stay was great! My husband and I stayed at hotel being that we were out of town guests for a friend of his that got married. It was very affordable but we still experience great customer service. Sometimes that is one area that suffers when one chooses bargain. The place was very clean, aesthetically pleasing and had all the amenities one could ask for (I worked out in the gym, used the internet for directions to and from the wedding site). I would recommend this venue to others!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Nicole D
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. We work very hard at being the best hotel in Augusta. With so many hotels to choose from that are newer, we are flattered from the comments you gave.

We will continue to put our focus on the service and cleanliness to continue offering the best experience for you and for the many travelers we get here in Augusta. I hope that wedding went well and we wish many years of happieness.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed for two nights (fri & sat) to attend a memorial service. We have no complaints about the quality of the service from the staff or the general condition of the hotel; however, this was clearly not build as a Hampton Inn and has more of a motel feel to it. All rooms open to external walkways. This is not a big problem except exterior walkways are concrete and are very noisy vs. carpeted interior corridors. Our first night of sleep was heavily interrupted by the dragging cases of other guests and the various carts pushed by maids and maintenance staff that seemed to be around very late at night and very early in the morning. Our room was unfortunately right next to the housekeeping closet which clearly didn't help but if you are a light sleeper you will suffer here. I suggest requesting an end of building room away from maintenance closets. Room doors to external walkways also introduce noise from cars coming and going and noisy guests who seem to feel that because they are outside it is OK to shout at each other or talk very loudly. This is not the hotels fault of course but is a fact of the design. My wife ended up using earplugs on the second night to get restful sleep. The rooms were quite small and the bathrooms very tiny. Again this is in keeping with an ex-motel however both were furnished/fitted nicely and in good condition. Soundproofing the door would be the best improvement that could make at this location. We could see light around the frame in some areas.

Room Tip: The road is busy so ask for a room at the rear of the hotel. Also corridors are external and cases/c...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear TransWARPed;

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. Please accept my apology for the noise that disturbed your stay.

We want our guests to have the best relaxing stay possible. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that with regards to the loud conversations from my housekeeping team will be addressed and corrected.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value your opinion and want to make any necessary changes to be the best hotel in Augusta.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed at this property back in the 70's when it was new and it was a great place to stay. But you can only do so much to an old, outside entry property over the years. It's time for Hilton to retire this property, sell it to Motel 6 and move on.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. They are all OLD!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shotgun747
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Shotgun747,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the property being seasoned. We are one of the original Hampton Inn's with only a few remaining.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place and in working order. I am sorry that we did meet the expectations. I am proud to announce that in a few years, we will have a new facility on the same grounds and it will be state of the art.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns and we will make every attempt to provide Hamptonality during your time here.

Repectfully,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Staff was very friendly. Check in was fast. Room was very clean and smelled fresh. Fast internet. Breakfast was great. A lot to choose from. Near many shops and restaurants. Had champagne chilled along with chocolates and rose for romantic weekend. Hotel staff was very courteous in telling where the best places were to go. Would definitely stay here again. Hampton Inn always does a great job in providing comfort.

1 Thank hpfeuffer
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Hpfeurrer,

Thank you for selecting our hotel during your most recent trip to Augusta. I am please to hear the comments of praise you gave toward my hotel and staff. I will defintely share this with my team at our upcoming staff meeting.

I hope you enjoyed the champagne and chocolates as you had mentioned and hope that the time spent together with your signifcant other was enjoyable.

Please let us know when you are returning and enjoy your upcoming weekend.

Cocoa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

This definitely does not meet the standard of any hampton Inn that I have ever stayed . The saving grace was the staff and the front lobby. I booked the Hampton Inn since my husband is handicapped and we booked 3 rooms since we were there for a funeral of a sibling. The staff was sympathetic and helpful. The rooms furniture was not up to the Hampton standard although the price was. I was disappointed as was my brothers but it was late in the day when we got there and we had prepaid. I said average because the staff brought up the mediocre to average.

Room Tip: Ask if there are elevators,. What type of motel? Amenities? How old? When was last renovation?
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Teddi D,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share you disappointment in the condition of the guest rooms. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishings were not of the high standards we expect.

we want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, high quality and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. I am proud to hear the kind remarks toward our staff. I will share those comments in our monthly staff meeting coming up this week.

Please stay with us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Duluth, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I like seeking out Hampton Inns. They have great amenities, super soft beds, and they are clean and friendly. This hotel, on the other hand, was a disappointment. I even spent more money than I really wanted to because of the previous experiences I've had with Hampton Inn. I should have stayed elsewhere. The woman at the front desk was complaining that she had too much work to do and it took a while to get checked in. She really could have used some help. The room was cramped and dark. It looked as though someone had taken over a very old hotel, and tried to add the "Hampton" amenities which ended up looking silly in the room and making it crowded. The bathroom was the size of a matchbook. You had to stand in the corner to close the door. The bed was not that comfortable. All in all I was very disappointed. Breakfast in the morning was adequate - hot eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, juice, and lots of carbs.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rubynrse3413
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Rubynrse3413

Thank you selecting the Hampton Inn Augusta as your place of rest. We appreciate your business and the time you took in completing our survey. I apologize for the inconvienence you had when you stayed here. I would like you to know that we value your opinion and want to make it better for you.

It saddens me to here that you over heard problems that should be mentioned in view of our guests. I would like to know more info so that I can properly investigate when and who had an overwhelming of tasks.

I hope to gain your business again and please let me know when you do come back to Augusta. Let me know so that i can personally inspect your room and make sure that you are settled in nicely.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

First off I want to say that I really don't see how this hotel is still able to keep the Hampton name, it is by far the worst Hampton inn Ive ever stayed in, The toilet and fridge made noise throughout the night. The quality of the hotel and the amenities are so far outdated, I know they can afford to have a decent computer and WiFi network with security for its guest to use. Its very obvious why the other hotels were all sold out and this one still had rooms available. I'm a loyal Hinton honors member with continuous diamond status for over six years.

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that all the staff members were very nice to everyone.

Room Tip: Find different Hilton Brand in the area they are all MUCH better, and the pricing compared to this...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DlvFresh25
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear DLVFresh,
Thank you for selecting us as your place of stay in Augusta on your recent trip. We value your business and your opinion. I apologize that we could not satisfy you during your stay. We are one of the remaining Hamptons that are exterior and as we have made changes and improvements to the hotel, there are some things that we still fall short on. It shocks me about your internet troubles. I am looking into it presently with our IS provider. Additionally, I am looking at replacing the business center computer entirely with updated software and security. I apoligze that you had to deal with that.

I am please to hear that my staff went above and beyond with friendliness to you and other guests during your time here. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta.

We hope to see you again and thank you for your feedback.
Repectfully,