“Not your typical Hampton Inn”

Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
West Chester, United States
“Not your typical Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The overall appearance and cleanliness is very good, but if you want a quiet and comfortable stay, I don't recommend this particular Hampton Inn. All rooms have exterior access. The road noise, and the noise from guess coming and going is very annoying. The heating and AC units are also very loud. Makes it very difficult to watch television or get a good nights rest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. Aaron W.

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with your recent stay in Augusta. I want to apologize for the nosie that disturbed your stay.

We want our guest to ahve the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case with your stay. We are a Generation 1 Hampton being number 16 of 1932 ever built back in the mid 80's.

I am pleased to hear that the staff was accommodating to your needs. Again, thank you fro making the effort to share your thoughts. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

David Przedecki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Joplin, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This Hotel treated as so well had welcome bags for my whole party of 4. this hotel should be a model for Hilton as how a Hilton honors member should be treated. They turned a bad situation into a great day as our car had broke down and we where stuck with no toiletries or anything then even gave us toothbrushes and saving stuff.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Michael K,

Thank you for taking the time during the holiday time to complete a comment on Trip Advisor. I appreciate all feed back and like to know what we can do to make things better here in Augusta.

Based on your comments, it looks like we are hitting all of our 5 Stars that we focus on.... Thank you for the kind words as I have shared them with all of my staff in our daily meetings. Comments like those help us achieve our goal of being the #1 hotel in Augusta.

Enjoy your upcoming holidays and thank you.

Augusta, GA, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just stayed one night. Room was clean, but smelt like cigartte smoke. Front desk offered to switch rooms, but I was too tired. Breakfeast was very good. Their was even a Denny's next door, but we decided to stay at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Demetris

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay. I want to personally thank you for the kind comments regarding your hotel experience.

i apologize for the room odor was not what you had expected upon arrival. Please understand that we hold our cleanliness and room aroma to a high expectation and we have begun deep cleaning the room to ensure that others don't have a similar experience.

We are pleased that you chose to stay with us for breakfast rather than Denny's. We are working on improving our breakfast as we speak. Do come back and try us again in 2014.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I made a reservation over 6 months in advance and prepaid. Upon arrival, I was told that the non-smoking room I had reserved was not available because they had underestimated the number of "stay overs" from the night before. I was told that no other rooms were available.
It was take it or leave it. Given that about 5,000 people were in town for Ironman, there were no other last minute room options at other hotels. I was told that I should call the manager the next week to discuss. The room wreaked of smoke. The television and refrigerator were not operating requiring a maintenance man to make operable. No phone calls or emails to the manager have ever been returned.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sarrcford
dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear sarrcfordm,

Thank you for taking time to complete a response on Trip Advisor. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I am also unaware of you trying to contact me. As you can see in many of my responses, I try to respond to everyone within 2-3 days. If you would like to please feel to reach out to me again at 706.288.6909.

Again, thank you making the effort to share your thoughts with us regarding the cleanliness of the room. Additionally, we are a Generation 1 Hampton Inn, being the 16th out of 1917 Hampton Inn in existence. I cannot control the fact that we are an exterior but have complete control over the service and cleanliness.

Please stay with us again soon that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

David Przedecki

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Norcross, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Last stay in Augusta was the Marriott Courtyard, nearby. The was so so much better in every way. Staff was superb at the Hampton Inn. I would never stay at that Marriott nor could I recommend it under any circumstances. And this was half the cost.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Lee,

Thank for completing a response on our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate all and any feedback regarding our hotel and service...

To be compared and rated higher than a full service Marriott is extremely flattering and we appricate the praise. We aim to be the best hotel in Augusta and with your comments it shows that we are diligently working toward that goal.

Thank you again and we would love to have you back when you are in Augusta.

Weaverville, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This Hampton is a nice, clean motel. I have always had a nice experience here. Good location and helpful staff. I have stayed here several times, and will do so again in the future if I am in Augusta. This Hampton Inn is a great value for the money.

Dear Amy M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a fantastic review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay. We are doing everything we can to make sure that you are extremely satisfied by providing you with an excellent stay and accommodations.

Thank you for the kind comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again,

Repectfully,
Golden, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great place to stay! It was located next to a visitor center and the free trolley. You could leave right outside the hotel door to go on any of the tours. The hotel staff would help you with directions to places to eat. We did not have a negative at this place during our 2 day stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

dprzedecki, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Augusta - Washington Road, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Personal

Thank you for tkaing the time to complete a response on my hotel on Trip Advisor. We value all comments and make necessary changes when needed. After reviewing your comments you posted we are flattered that your stay was Extremely Satisfactory. We are working toward being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in Augusta. With each guest we work toward giving you a clean room, a great breakfast and a team that is dedicated to give you a smile and great service.

We look forward to having your stay with us again and enjoy your weekend.