“This was unbelievable”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #59 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Awful experience, when I checked in the room it had just been cleaned. Because I travel frequently I asked for a set of clean sheets, bed blanket and bedspread. I offered to replace the linen without any help,but they helped to removed the old linen where we found a filthy blanket, stained sheets, mattress cover should had been fire bombed, The hotel did agree that they don't change bedspreads between customers. When I went into the bathroom to wipe it down with clorox wipes I found dirty towels in the bathroom and the freezer was so full of ice nothing could be placed in, I did speak with the with the housekeeping mgr and she did replace the frezer within minutes and the ditry linen was removed. The carpet was unbelievable nasty and I did not want to walk on it with my shoes on! Never again would I stay at this place. The odor was hard to mask, 1 large can of Lysol sprayed daily into the air conditioner unit,carpet, on the sofa and daily wiping down with the wipes still did not help this place. Now lets talk about the type of clientele that rent this place. OMG! someone washed their linen and hung his underwear on the outside rail in the middle of the day, but this happened more than 3 times in the 4 horrible days there.Rude housekeeper! The front desk staff was ok. I would not even eat the free breakfast at this dump!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank freeinthewind
Jeannie C, Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We value our guests comments and have followed up on each item that you noted. Please feel free to call me personally and I will make a reservation for you should your travel plans bring you to the Augusta area.

Jeannie Crouch

Reviewed 18 July 2011

This property is older, and its rates reflect that, but it is a good place to stay for the money in Augusta. Family travelers with one or more small children will likely want to book the higher tier of suites, as the lower tier does not have a full divider between the den and the bedroom, and to enjoy the pool. The hot breakfast buffet is somewhat better than some one might get even at certain costlier hotels, and should not be missed if time is available. Very close to I-20 and Georgia Highway 28, but road noise is well buffered.

Room Tip: First-floor rooms are best given that the stairwells are exposed to the elements.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

People running up and down breezeway yelling at 11pm. Room down the hall had window broken out by other guest. Front desk acted like they did not care nor do anything about it. Hotel condition overall very poor. Nasty dirty pool water, murky. Linens ragged. Room manitenance did not come for 5 hours. Asked for sheets for sofa sleeper and never got them until tracked down houskeeper and then had to wait another hour. Front desk staff just there to collect a paycheck attitude. Wi-Fi too slow to use.

1  Thank adistlefink

I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I will have to say our experience at this hotel was quite average except for a couple of things. I loved the happy hour provided by the hotel and the full breakfast was nice but both these things were over shadowed by the fact that I had to kill a cockroach in our room. The front desk offered us no financial compensation for this and said they would have it sprayed the next day (which did nothing for us and our stay). They could not even offer us another room because the hotel was full.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room out out from under the breezeway. It was dark and voices carried.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Exterior rooms, scary people hanging around parking lot, rooms run down, smelly, dirty. Extremely rude staff. I could go on and on, but it's too depressing to relive.
Many better options in the immediate area for similar price.
Avoid at all costs!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SBelluci

Reviewed 2 June 2011

we arrived at the hotel on saturday may 28,2011 only one clerk on duty ,took quiet a while to get checked in finnally got to the room it was clean got ready to take a shower
and tryint to ajust the water temperture was awful it was either hot hot or cold an second day house keeping didn't leave wash clothes at all we had to go down and get them
on third went down for a hot breakfast and were told very unprofessional that every body
called off and we could eat the muffins and cereal.we want be staying at the clarion again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank listkokomo

Reviewed 24 May 2011

This was the 3rd stay at Clarion. Travel to Augusta, GA at least 3 times a year for bowling tournament. When we arrived, we could not get into our room as the keys would not worked. Had to go back and forth several times, change rooms and go back to the dsame room eventually, as the other rooms that were were put into were dirty. The bathrooms in some rooms were not cleaned properly. Once settled in, the room was OK. The breakfast is great. Hot buffet items that were very good. The free coctail hour at 5pm is an excellent value. Be sure to get your 2 free drinks! Tip the nice bartender girls whilel you are there. Hotel is close to the bowling alley and several restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2011