“Worst ever in Augusta”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #61 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My regular Choice Hotel was not available during my weekly trip to Augusta, so I booked the Clarion Suites on Washington Road instead. The first room the front desk assigned me was dirty and outdated. The second room was even worse. For the money, sleeping in my car was nicer. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who expects anything more than a roach motel. The breakfast was par at best and the parking was terrible. Stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.
I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Our room was very clean, all staff including manger helpful and friendly. Yummy breakfast. No flat screen yet?

• Stayed: January 2012

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Like everyone esle i expected the worst.... i was pleasantly surprized.....i looked for spots on the sheets, bed bugs and even tried to be difficult at check inn.....the staff passed my inspections.....i travel in various southern states comparing the pros and cons of each stay...i seem to enjoy their free breakfast and cocktail hour.......Yeah!.....Their rooms are like two rooms in one....i have a couch, desk with chair and tv in one part of the suite. Then i have a set of french doors to separate the bed and rest room with an addition television.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I've stayed at hundreds of hotel around the country, and this is by far the worst. Disgusting rooms, damp sheets, and bed bugs! I left in the middle of the night and drove 45 minutes to another hotel (all hotels in Augusta were booked). Stay away at al

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We have stayed at Clarion for the past 6 years and are always greeted by friendly staff. Room are clean and we like the size of the suites for the price. Breakfast and afternoon social are well-done! Lots of very good restuarants in walking distance. We will be back in 2012.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing Clarion Suites.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I came here because the hotel that I usually stay at was full because of a basketball tournament. I say came and not stay since I didn't subject myself to an overnight. Extremely rude front desk, shabby premises, foul smelling, run down room. Get the picture? I was unable to find another hotel on town due to the tournament, and chose to drive over an hour away rather than take my chances here.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was overcharged $84.62 for one day and charged $160 for two more days. I only stayed there from Friday night to Sunday morning. I called and was directed to an answering machine. No response back. I need to get credit $84.62 back on my credit card. I do not appreciate that lack of concern with the staff (Jennifer) and resolving my situation. Very disappointed and definitely an "eye-operner" in choosing a hotel in that area again.

James Clark

I would appreciate a call so I can resovle my overcharge. I left my message on the "general manager" answering machine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business