“Credit card stolen at front desk”
Review of Clarion Suites

Clarion Suites
Ranked #60 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Front desk personnel took our credit card and tried to purchase $3000 in merchandise at Lowes
Great location to be close for the Masters but place is worn and need of maintenance
Heater smelled as if it was catching on fire

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Aubur
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent hotel stay at Clarion Suites. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectation regarding the coditions of your room, and also for any inconveniences you may have encountered.
I want you to know that we take every reponse seriously and use them as opportunity for improvement. We stive to make every customer stay a satisfactory.
I have also reviewed the issues that wee mention and shared your feedback with my staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior exprience.

Carnetta Lee
Front office Manager
706-868-1800 ext.507

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Older Hotel that needs updating! Clean rooms and friendly staff though! Beach was well kept and private! Pool very nice and clean. Daily rate from just showing up at the door is very expensive but a few minutes on the computer got the daily rate with taxes in to $170.00 a night! A bit expensive for an older hotel but what the hay, Im on vacation!

Room Tip: Ocean view room is the only way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoosecannonCanada

I'm concerned about the service you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring these matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequentley, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went down to Augusta for the Master's and chose Clarion Suites for their proximity to the course. Proximity was only good thing. Zero stars. It was an absolutely horrible hotel room/suite and I have the pictures to prove it. There is no way anything has been updated in years - many years. The smell of smoke is overwhelming. The bathroom was just nasty. Hair on the walls of the shower, toilet seat was dirty. Light switches were even dirty. The sofa looks like it was dragged from someone's basement back in 1979. Pillowcases were wrinkled which led me to believe they along with the sheets weren't changed. Housekeeping came banging on every door at 8 am to start cleaning - what a joke. I was stuck there because all hotels were sold out. Can't say anything about the food because I wouldn't dare eat there. Best of all are the roaches. Charming. This is an embarrassment to this chain. Someone I spoke to about this hotel said it was maybe an "hourly" hotel. Maybe? I paid $269 for one night. ALL I KNOW IS I SHOULD HAVE SLEPT IN THE CAR!!!

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room? Pick another hotel!!! This one is disgusting.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MFR2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever been in. First of all, our group went there around 2 p.m. for check in and was told there were no rooms were ready. We were instructed to come back in an hour and our four rooms would be ready and next to each other. An hour later no rooms were ready. We came back at 7p.m. and still our rooms were not ready. We were also notified our rooms would not be together. This was problematic because our group was a highschool AAU basketball team. The front desk clerks did not appear to really care. We got our rooms close to 8 p.m. My room was filthy. There were stains on the sofa, the doors, toilet and comforters. My husband had to turn the water off in the bathroom because the water wouldn't stop running after we flushed it. I heard the breakfast was good, but I was too afraid to eat it. I spent the night in filth and the thought of their food made me sick.

Room Tip: If you are looking to get a good room, try another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BCStraveler

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We value our guests comments and have followed up on each item that you noted. Please feel free to call me personally and I will make a reservation for you should your travel plans bring you to the Augusta area.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Our room was clean and the staff was great. We had a small area with a couch, desk and a TV and a separate bedroom area with a King sized bed, another TV and a huge bathroom. The hotel was very clean and quiet. In the morning there was a hot breakfast in the lobby with eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, waffles, juices, coffee and cereals. The cable is extensive- tons of channels and the internet was great. I spent the whole day at the hotel working on my computer as my husband was out on site and had no issues with the internet, as a matter of fact, it was fairly fast.

There are plenty of options for food within walking distance including a Waffle House next door and a Pizza Hut, Wild Wings Cafe and a Captain's D right across the street. The only issue we had was that there were no sidewalks so it wasn't too safe to walk too far from the hotel- (though this is no fault of the hotel). The hotel sits back on a busy street so it was hard to hear the traffic in our room.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We really appreciate the great reponse, and on behalf of me and my staff at the Hotel, We will like to say Thank You.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This is no longer the beautiful Radisson suites hotel! This place has gone down tremendously! Very disappointed with the conditions of the property and the rooms some rooms had flat screens some had. switched rooms because of cleanliness and the more we switched, the worst it got. $89.00 per night! would've done better at a motel 6.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank dlbutler
jeannie c, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Please accept my apology for the issues that you experienced during your stay , the hotel is going thru renovations and I would like to extend to you a complimentary stay if your travels bring you back to the Augusta Ga. area. Thank you .

Reviewed 18 January 2014

WORST HOTEL EVER! There was a HORRIBLE STENCH topped off with bleach. All furniture and appliances looked to be 20yrs old. CARPET WAS FILTHY. Had what appeared to be BLACK MOLD in bathroom. To top it off there wasn't any HOT WATER! My wife and I left in under than 30 mins. Better Suited For A Flop House!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Wingate Motel is Great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple