“Great hotel with free hot breakfast buffet”
Review of Clarion Suites

Ranked #60 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Kingsville, Ohio, United States
“Great hotel with free hot breakfast buffet”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. The free hot breakfast buffet makes this hotel a great deal. The pool area is very nice. You also get two free drinks every evening. i would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Suites are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim C
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank You for your kind words, on your recent review. We also thank you for choosing Clarion Suites by Choice Hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Burnsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2014

i stayed at this motel for 6 months while working nearby. it is an ok place to stay, but if i had to pay for it i would have found another place. the staff were very nice and any problems were fixed eventually, not promptly but eventually. i could never get the shower adjusted, scalding one second and freezing the next. even after renovation the rooms are nothing to get excited about. the only reason i gave it a 3 is because of the staff. their breakfast was good but not great. elevators broke down at least 3 times during my extended stay. the air conditioners should be cleaned or replaced.

Room Tip: get a room near the pool if possible so you can cool off some before you get into the not so greatly...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I'm concerned about the service you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring these matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequentley, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology for all of the experiences that occurred during your stay.

They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

I am extremely sorry about your experience with your hotel Stay. I have discussed the matters you raised with my staff,and please rest assured, that I have reviewed our hotel to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

If you need futher assistance regarding this matter, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology, we look foward to serving you again in the near future.

Front desk Manager
Florence
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The staff were nice and helpful. the lobby and front of hotel looked nice but it stops there. Was given wrong room type wanted double instead of king. The drawer front on chest was missing and could not regulate water in shower. The toilet kept running after flushing. The outside and around the elevator was in need of repair. The breakfast bar was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

I have discussed the matters you raised with my staff,and please rest assure that I have reviewed our hotel to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

Front desk Manager

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Ok, the economy is not great. Ok, you can only renovate so much. But please! The lobby is beautiful and well appointed until you start looking closer. There is always two parts to any vacationer front of stage and back stage. We can all expect backstage to be dull, utilitarian and many a little threadbare. But front of stage should be everything a vacationer should expect, especially from the flagship of Choice hotels. Just look at the carpet behind the main desk and I should have known something was wrong with this motel. We had a two room suite that really was no more than a remodel of a regular room with a high divider with accordion doors. What this did was create horrible air conditioner flow. Most suites have multiple blowers throughout the room, this room had one wall AC that was to ventilate the entire room. We could NOT get it cool enough, so I went to Walgreens down the road to buy two fans. The remote, and light did not work. The room was not as clean as it should have been. I would have left but it was late and we were all tired. The pool looked inviting and the guest information book said pool closed at 10pm, but when we went down at 9:30 the pool was already closed. Front desk said, it always closes at 9pm. When I told them about the book they seemed uninterested. The elevators smelled of smoke, the panel was ripped off, caulking was gone. You could tell that the workers don't care about their jobs and the owners so the same lack of concern to make their motel top notch. The breakfast was good the next morning. And we happily left the Clarion Suites, never to return.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Front Office Mananger
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a very clean & friendly place to stay for a day or several days. Everyone goes out of their way to accommodate you in whatever you need. The staff members are like family & yet very professional. We have stayed here allot through the years & when we lived here we recommended it as well to family & friends. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: They are very helpful but we like the suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014

Front Office Mananger
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The lobby is deceiving, totally redone. The rooms on the other hand, disgusting. Sheets were stained, comforters had holes in them, bathroom shower curtain moldy, tub - stained and mold growing on side, floors were filthy, cobwebs in the corners and it smelled extremely musty. The doors would not shut well, the air conditioners were old and there were huge puddles all over the walkways that you had to walk through. VERY disappointing and not what I would ever expect of a Clarion. If you look at the pictures on their website, this location looks nice but the rooms look NOTHING like this, seems like it is deceptive advertising in my opinion. I couldn't wait to get home to take a shower!!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. Do not stay here at all.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
jeannie c, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I’m concerned about the service that you experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve.

I have discussed the matters that you have raised with my staff. Please rest assure that we are slowly upgrading rooms and that your concerns had been taken into consideration.

If you need further assistance regarding the matter do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Front Desk Manager
706-868-1800 ext 507
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Every aspect of this hotel is very nice until you get a closer look. The pool area and grounds were nicely kept up. My company has 5 rooms here for 6 weeks so this review should be honest in all aspect.
Front desk, breakfast, and afterhours "bar" personal was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and filling and the afterhours drinks were spot on (the menu food was not bad either). There are plenty of restaurants and convenience stores with-in walking distance. TAKE CAUSION CROSSING WASHINGTON RD!!!!!!!!
As the title said, the hotel is nice... from a distance. In the pool area most of the chairs are broken. Landscaping is nice but "Camera" wires are hanging everywhere throughout the property, The bathroom are large and look updated but you can see "patches" in the walls The beds sleep well and each room has 2 TV's, 1 new (in the sleep area and 1 old in the living area). 2 of the 5 older TV's did not work. The sheets and towels were cleaned and pressed everyday but the comforters needed thrown away. At times the HBO channel had static but the other were ok.

Issues occurred during the stay will the rooms.

Door card reading does not work at times
2nd TV not working
internet was down for 5 day's straight

GM Personally made sure these issues were corrected.

Too some it up, this is a good hotel for over night travelers and contractors. Even though it feels safe and quiet I would think twice about staying will smaller children.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jeannie c, General Manager at Clarion Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of the good service you received. And allow me to apologize for the wire in the parking lot a truck tore them down, and the internet and the cable we had to call some it came from the storm in Augusta.

King Regards,