“Excellent stay, great value!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Augusta

Doubletree by Hilton Augusta
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent stay, great value!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Nice place, great room, very friendly staff and great pools!! Yes indoor heated pool and huge outside pool. All fives for this one. Oh yea the cookies (hot) awesome touch!!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again next time you are in Augusta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Don't have a lot of time, but was compelled because I rely so much on folks taking time to write reviews. I visited this hotel for one night on business after the Master's. I got there late and really did not know what to expect. Well, let me tell you, the visit exceeded my expectations. Now, I am a Hilton Honors member, so hopefully that did not skew my experience, but I was treated like a KING! My check in was speedy and the folks at the desk were friendly and courteous. The room was simply emmaculate-- I was upgraded to a suite without asking, I was given treats, a couple of bottles of water, the little things mean a lot to me! The hotel looked really modern-- i was not expecting that. From what I saw of the workout area-- it looked great, like I said, I was only there for one night, but I wish I could have stayed longer. I tell you what, the next time I am back in Augusta I will be staying here...oh and the price was GREAT. More than a great value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Doubletree in Augusta. We're pleased to hear that everything was to your liking and we hope that you will be able to stay with us longer on the next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The front desk was very helpful. The queen beds were actually queen! The breakfast was very good. We were able to get around town fairly easily from this location. Yes, it could use some updating but it was still fine with us. We plan to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you again soon!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have stayed at many Doubletree properties and this one is conveniently located, has an open inviting lobby and the great cookies the hotel chain is known for. The experience headed downhill shortly after check-in. The rooms are dated, the bathrooms very small ( you have to squeeze in next to the toilet to close the door), the sink positioned far to the end of the vanity and the bath / shower missing a drain plug ( so skip the bath). The biggest unpleasant surprise was when I pulled the window curtain back revealing a scenic view of the hallway.......you must be kidding......but No. For those wanting a tip......stay away from rooms 417 and 419...and maybe others. I might as well have been staying in a cave. Short of watching the Weather Channel, you are out of touch with the external world. Not that this should make a difference, but I am a Hilton Diamond Member....and I am typically treated to upgraded space....but, in this case, I would have been happy to have a standard hotel room. The HVAC system was very loud, requiring the TV to be turned up to the point where the neighboring room likely enjoyed the programming too. When i spoke to the front desk, I was met with a feeling of indifference and no attempt to reaccomodate me elsewhere.

On the positive side, the folks in the restaurant were very nice and I enjoyed my breakfast very much.

The cookie and the restaurant service are not enough to get me back to this property. I'll be headed down the to the properties off Washington St. next time.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank njsch59
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
First we want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know what you thought about our property. We are very disappointed that you were not pleased with your stay and we want to ensure you that all of your comments will be used to better our hotel. Management has been made aware of your concerns and we assure you that the people working during your stay have been spoken with. We strive to please our guests, especially our Hilton Honors members, and we do hope that next time you are in Augusta you will give us one more try.
Redington Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Last review I wrote regarding this DT, was that it was in need of refresh.

Still status quo, is a hotel that is rather dank..........could be due to fact they have a small fountain in the lobby area that has a ceiling that rises all way to top floors for effect.

NOTE FOR ALL THOSE USED TO STAYING IN DOUBLETREE!!!

The hotel continues to be missing some of the amenties many expect in a DT, refrigerator, microwave, etc....Another review mentioned the tight bathroom, I second that.......is pretty annoying and good example of a flawed design.

The rest of room isn't bad.

If you take away the restaurant and bar downstairs this is a glorified Hampton, and not as fresh as a newer Hampton.

RBR

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RedingtonBeachRob
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
First we would like to thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal Doubletree guest as well! We are an older hotel but we assure you that we are constantly working to better our facility to give our guests the stay that they deserve. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and we do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future!
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is a nice hotel that was very quiet. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. I had no problems at all, and the wifi worked well for me. My only complaint is that Friday night was seafood buffet night, and it cause the lobby to have a strong fishy smell that lingered until the next morning. The buffet breakfast was not the greatest, but then it was free so I didn't get upset about it. I would definitely stay here again if in Augusta.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay with us went. We apologize for the seafood smell but as you stated we do have a seafood buffet every Friday night. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Check in was very quick and simple... the front desk attendant was very pleasant. My room was clean and the air was able to be controlled by me in my room. Good buffet breakfast. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nbaibos
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us went. We take great pride in our staff and are pleased to hear that they were accomodating. We hope to see you again in the near future!