“Newly Renovated and Ongoing Renovations”

Doubletree by Hilton Augusta
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Newly Renovated and Ongoing Renovations”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed in, presumably, one of the newly renovated rooms. The room/hotel is nice with the standard Hilton beds and linens. I did not use the shuttle. The hotel does offer breakfast (extra charge). The cookie you receive during check in is very tasty. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel - I booked this over the Hampton (free breakfast, free coffee 24/7, microwave and fridge in room, and cheaper) because it was on the company preferred list.

1 Thank jsmooney
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I booked into the hotel for 7 days. Two things made me leave right away. First was that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. I can go to Day's Inn or Motel 8 and pay a lot less for that. The other thing was the room itself. After I checked in I realized the elevator would be a problem because it was so loud (relocating probably wouldn't of helped since I was pretty far away from it to begin with). I tried to deal with it but woke up at 230 in the morning. I tried using the a/c and fan to drown it out but ended up tossing and turning all night without going back to sleep; alternating between hot and cold. The next day was a long and tough one to begin with. I was really fried from lack of sleep. I knew I couldn't endure that for another night so I had to check out. Found a room that was $20 dollars cheaper, had a microwave and refrigerator, and was nice and quiet...slept like a baby. Sorry but I couldn't ever go back to your hotel there again (and I have business in the area).

1 Thank Rayce
We're very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel and we urge you to reach out directly to our general manager, les.reagan@hilton.com, to discuss these issues. We thank you for staying with us.
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Very dirty room (room 324). Jacuzzi tub / shower combination a black / dirty standing surface. Sink drain was non operable - hand to remove the plunger to allow water drain. Loveseat was so dirty I would not sit on it. Sitting room TV did not work. Would not recommend this Hotel.

2 Thank Ken J
We sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay and we urge you to contact the general manager directly to discuss these matters further, les.reagan@hilton.com.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The shuttle service was one of the main reasons I chose this hotel. Since I was not staying more than a day, and didn't want to rent a car, the shuttle service came in really handy. I was picked up and dropped off at the airport and was also driven around to the local restaurant area part of town to grab a bit to eat. I was very satisfied with this service. The rooms are also very nice except that they do not have refrigerators. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're glad to hear that our shuttle service proved to be exactly what you needed during your recent visit to Augusta.
Lowndes, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Friendly helpful staff who are always smiling are what keeps me coming back to this hotel. They really understand that the little things make a difference. The internet service works well. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. Warm cookies are always a hit. There are places to eat and shop nearby.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for letting us know how much you love our staff!
Savannah, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was okay, but nothing special. The room would rate about average, although the bathroom is tiny (if you are sitting on the stool, the door will almost hit your knees if opened). The closet is more of a broom closet than a clothes closet. The room itself was nicely equipped and the bed was reasonably comfortable. If the cost were much lower, I wouldn't complain, but for the price charged you can find a much nicer place at a lower price in that area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us.
Georgetown, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Immediately upon checking in I was impressed with the level of customer service offered from the front desk staff. I was a little concerned about there being renovation going on at the hotel but they are doing a great job of making it invisible to the guests.

There is a Starbucks on the Lobby floor and a nice bar and restaurant as well. I've had better service from a hotel bartender but then again I've had worse.

This is a very well kept hotel at a relatively decent price and next time I'm in Augusta I will be staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Doubletree by Hilton Augusta, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We're glad that our renovations did not bother you during your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon!