“No towels and high price”

Quality Inn Medical Center Area
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Roanoke
“No towels and high price”
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel while in town for the Ironman race. Normal rate here is around $80 per night but we paid $286. I understand raising the rate for an event but this was ridiculous. The room was as expected for a lower end Quality Inn. Reasonably clean. Room was advertised as having two queen beds but the room had two double beds. And the room had no towels in it. When we called the front desk we were told to come to the front desk to get some towels. Same thing happened on our second day there..

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank lizs226

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful and answered many questions very patiently! The rooms were clean and so convenient to the hospital. Belgium waffles and eggs, sausage for breakfast, not just pastries. Will definitely staff there again when going to the hospital.

Room Tip: Very convenient to Hospital
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BLM54
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My overall stay at quality inn was great.when i first walk in the lobby the front desk greeted me wit a warm welcome.when i got into my room i could smell the clearness of the room.so what Im trying to say is my overall stay was great.

• Stayed August 2012
Deepika V, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon

Deepika Verma
Reviewed 26 August 2012

From the moment I forgot my phone in the lobby and they brought it to my room I knew we had found a great place to stay. Perfect location in a very quiet area that made it feel like a great place for relaxation and swimming. Two days there and the housekeeping staff were there for extra towels and cleaning if needed. The manager Deepika was great and I observed her going to whatever lengths needed to satisfy all the guests. Thanks for the great service and keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed August 2012
bholay, General Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Thank you posting such a nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and amenities. It also sounds like you were able to take advantage of the great location. We look forward to your next visit.
Stilson, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

The staff within the office are beyond awesome. We were there because my father was in the hospital in Augusta after a motorcycle accident. I felt the office staff are very caring and concerned with what is going on with my family. Nand, Nidhi and Dipica asked daily if there were any changes or improvements. They were helpful and happy when I had to bring my young son up with me for short times and accommodated him very well and helped keep him happy and entertained. The complimentary breakfast was great, not just sweets and cereals but an actual hot breakfast with good variety. The beds were way more comfortable than I expected them to be, the room was of good size. The bathroom a little small but they do have handicap rooms available with bigger bathrooms. The pool was kept up and open late enough to be able to enjoy a after sunset dip if you wanted to. The prices are great for the service and room you get in my opinion. The only problem I saw was the attitude of a majority of the housekeeping staff, they were at times very argumentative with the front desk staff and seemed to have no problems in doing it in front of guests which made me a little uncomfortable. They also treated me like it was a bother for me to need clean and extra towels when my son was up. Other than that it was a wonderful stay and should the need arise I will be going back to Quality Inn Medical Center. Thank you all for making a hard situation more bearable.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

While staying here for an internship, I experianced some very excellent customer service from the front desk. They where very helpful, kind, and attentive. However, the same WILL NOT be said of housekeeping. They where very slow, inhospitable, and rude. If I only wanted new linens and towels then I had to ask the front desk and make my own bed or else put aside a whole day waiting for them to come around! Most of them look at you like your a screaming chiled left unattended and they couldn't be bothered to deal with you. I do not pay to feel insulted by the cleaning staff! I don't understand where they could have gone wrong when hiring employees, the friendliness of the lobby personnel makes me want to come back but the coldness of the housekeepers make me only want to stay one night.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for the nice comments about your stay, and I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff for follow up and corrective action. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am a local resident and often have spend time with my husband as a romantic getaway and I love the staff the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is great and we love the comfortable beds!! It is home away from home Love it!! Tamla Terry

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for the great review, this makes all us very happy. We love to impress our guests with all our wonderful amenities and service. See you next time.