“Avoid this place”

Quality Inn Medical Center Area
Ranked #21 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband had meetings at the medical center and wanted to stay close by. So we found this hotel. It is next to the medical center but also next to the Augusta housing projects. The rooms were terrible - clean enough but old and dank and smelly. The toilet paper roller was broken so the toilet paper was just lying around. I also did not feel particularly safe staying here. They keep the lobby doors locked at night and have a "walk up" window...kind of like at gas stations. If I could do it over again, I would spend a little more money and stay a little further away. Luckily we were only in the room for about 12 hours. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank corklevy
Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello,
Thank you for leaving a review in regards to your stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences encountered during your time here. We will be more than happy to discuss these issues further to ensure that they do not occur again in the future. Please feel free to give us a call at 706-722-2224, we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I'm sure the manager is going to post after this how he appoligizes and it's an isolated case. I came in late one night and was met with terrible service. I can live with that. I know you get what you can to work the overnight hours. But the room, sheesh....couldn't it have been cleaned? I went back to ask about another room three minutes later and was told (after being asked before if I wanted one or two beds) that the hotel was sold out. OK, I'm in the messy room for the night.
The next morning I find out I can't get a bill because I came in too late (huh?). I ask for the manager and am told they aren't in but someone will get in touch with me. I've now called the hotel two times to leave my information and I'm still waiting on that call from the manager. I'm a Choice Diamond member and didn't even get my points as well. I'm sure dirty room, bad service, not an available bill, a joke for a breakfast, and a manager that doesn't get or won't return calls is what we all want in a hotel....right?

Room Tip: Head to a different hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Stenson W, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Indeed good Sir, it is my duty to apologize to you regarding your experience. It would appear that our Night Desk Clerk attempted to accomodate you in your time of need during the late night hours. In that effort, they sent you to a room that was reported to be clean by the Housekeeper assigned to that room. That housekeeper has been reprimanded for her actions. It is unacceptable and not our standard. We are currently undergoing minor renovations, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Our breakfast is a point of compliment, and I am sorry you didn't enjoy our biscuits and gravy,sausages, waffles, bagels,coffee and tea. We also have cereal and oatmeal that is here for your enjoyment.

We strive to accomodate guest when they need us, and to provide a decent experience that meets expectations. Please, by all means, give us another chance, and allow us to show you our improvements and renovations,and that we value your opinion and you as a guest.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

the staff were all nice. But Jeff stand out more for us. Jeff take good care of us every time
we travel to Augusta every 2 or 3 times a month to the Medical center.
Our room is clean we are happy with the service we get. we just want to thank all
the staff and Jeff for caring about your guest who stay at your hotel.
The Washington Family

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hilary T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to express such positive feedback! We are always happy to learn that our staff members are going out of their way to make our guests feel comfortable and at home. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here 3weeks ago and it was "alright" Stayed last nite(3.3.14) and was disappointed. No bath mat, no Kleenex , no lightbulb in a lamp that couldn't be plugged into the wall, and NO COFFEE, went to get continental breakfast ...non existent...coffee no creamer....some sliced white bread ...cereal no milk...this was at 8:00 a.m.. Also the homeless lady I experienced in the lobby at check in (9:45 p.m.) was there eating something....sitting in a wheelchair from the motel.
Morning manager's response was " sorry, I guess someone wasn't doing their job".

Stayed: March 2014
Stenson W, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

I would like to take the time to humbly apologize for your experience on our property. It is our goal to strive for a better standard and we pride ourselves on perpetuating a good reputation. We were doing mild renovations during your stay and you may have experienced a room yet to be renovated.
Also, to address your concern about the elderly lady in the lobby in the wheelchair, she was a guest as well and was just having breakfast.
We would appraciate it if you would give us another chance to meet your expectations and prove our higher standard to you.

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The internet does not work. The breakfast does not have basics,milk, eggs, and other. The story is" the trick has, not come" . The room has 3 bulbs out. Something is going on. Looks like the hotel is being sold.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I would like to humbly apologize for your experience on our property. We strive for a better standard and are saddened that you were short of that. It is our policy to provide all necessities for our guest if they notify the front desk. Toilet paper,light bulbs and other basics are available at the desk for your convenience.
Also, we would like to apologize for you missing out on our breakfast,as it is something we are often complemented on. We would like to ask that you give us another chance to prove our standard and give you a better experience. Please,try us again and we will surely satisfy.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here 2 nights while here to run a half marathon. Staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. Location has a fair amount of train noise. Great shower and functioning refrigerator, albeit in need of defrosting. Flat screen tv, clean, though worn room. Non smoking room elicited some smoke smell from time to time, particularly in bathroom. Laundry room where vending machines reside was hot and retrieved candy bar was half melted. Table and chairs in room and nice desk chair

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you graciously for taking the time to review our property and share your positive perspective.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

this was my first trip to states and augusta was d very first place i went.i shud say i was nervous overall and esp bout d kind of accomodation im gonna be in. but to my pleasant surpris i found this inn to be great..,the guys over d desk jeff,ebony...wer very friendly..,since it was my first time i was at their desk askin for help with almost everything and they always helped with it in watever way they could..,the room was very clean and to my surprise i found vrythin working and esp d wifi it was gud..!!! d food was typical american which i had tough time with but they had a lot of varieties so i was like trying one new one a day!!! and last but not d least their manager was very helpful ,very attentive to my requests and overall it was a completely unexpected but very pleasant stay. i wud highly recommend this place to anybody whos new to d town and lukin for a decent place at affordable price.,,GO FOR IT...!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Deepika V, Manager at Quality Inn Medical Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you very much for your Fantastic Review .I am more than pleased to hear of your experience at Quality Inn Medical Center was good .Your kind words of recognition for our staff are truly appreciated .We look forward to having you back soon .