Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Ranked #15 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times while on business trips. This is a nice hotel and the staff is friendly. The complimentary breakfast is pretty good too. One time they gave me a smoking room even though my profile specifies non-smoking. Am wondering why they accepted my reservation if they couldn't accomodate my request for a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PXJ38654

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Some issues with cleaning service like sometimes the cleaning lady forgot some wet towels (not mine) in the ground of my bedroom. A friend needed a crib and could not have it when she got there and she tried to mae sure she would get before arriving there. And also for 2 days we were out of internet conection...when checking out I needed to leave at 3:30 am and they say there is someone available in the reception 24 hours a day, but I could not find this person.
The price was good, the breakfast is simple, but ok, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HRNNY
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Overall, this property was an adequate place to stay for an overnight stop. It was reasonably priced. However, I expected slightly more of this brand. The staff was very courteous and professional but I ran into a snag on check in. After 320 miles of driving and a late check in, I found my room either occupied or it had not been cleaned. I returned to desk clerk, who was embarrassed & immediately worked to find a remedy. She offered me the only room left, a smoking room. She also stated that if the room was not satisfactory, then she would lodge me at another property. It was 1:30 a.m. so I took the room. The room was not bad at all for a smoking room. The property is need of an update & the breakfast was not noteworthy but the staff made up for it for these flaws. If I to return to Augusta, in the future, I would give the competition a try before I returned to this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The staff at this Homewood Suites were some of the friendliest I've met in many business travels which is why it pains me to give this review.

The hotel looks like it hasn't been remodeled since the 80s. Popcorn texture ceilings, green carpet, brass lamps? My room had a decrepit fake plant and frayed carpet. The sink was cracked and toilet chipped. Worst of all there were 2 hairs left by the guest before me on the shower wall. Ick. I have stated at newer Homewood Suites with much more comfort. This felt like a trip back in time and not a good one. Can't understand the high ratings it has on trip advisor. Not up to par.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank lmhlite
Reviewed 1 April 2012

When we arrived, the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The bride of the wedding we attended had given the front desk a packet for us out-of-town guests, and the staff made sure that we knew how to get to each wedding event. We stayed in a non-smoking room, but the hallway smelled like someone had been chain-smoking and/or lit their hair on fire. The room itself was very comfortable and clean. For the price, this hotel is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Best weekend ever! The staff were (front desk,house keeping, the kitchen) all very kind, helpful,friendly,and willing to make sure that my husband and I were very comfortable during our stay.Our room was outstanding! We were going to stay somewhere else, but I am so glad we didn't.On a scale from 1 to 10, Homewood Suites and the staff rate an 11.My husband and I can't "Thank" the staff enough for there outstanding service.Can't wait until our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda C
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Arrived late in the evening after a 4 hour drive The front desk staff was lively and friendly. Really helped end the long drive on a positive note.

The room (suite) was beautiful and bed comfortable. Room had full fridge, dishes and small, 2 burner elect stove. Would be perfect for an extended stay

• Stayed: January 2012