“Absolutely wonderful stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I came down to Augusta to see a friend in Ft Gordon. I booked my room here thinking it looked like a nice place to stay close to base with plenty of features. I was quite right and the staff made it all the better! They were very polite and courteous in any interaction I had with them. I was running late getting out of the room only by a few minutes but I have stayed at other places where they will call and pester me to get moving. That did not happen here and it is EXTREMELY appreciated. Some people keep different schedules and do not rise so easily. Smiles, professionalism and kindness come standard here and I could not be happier with the service I received. All around great experience and highly recommended!!

Room Tip: stayed in 2 types. both recommended
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank antharris86
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

We just wanted to thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel in Augusta. We hope that next time you are here in town you choose to stay with us again and please let us know if there is anything we can do to further accomodate you.

Thanks Again,
Megan Cawley
Newport Group, Inc Social Media Specialist

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area

Reviewed 27 May 2011

I had to come to Augusta for military training. I was not expecting such hospitality along with a great environment here at the Wingate. The staff made the stay very comfortable and were extremely courteous. The hotel was undergoing some renovations at the time of my stay, but I was very satisfied with the accomodations that were available to me. I really wanted to make sure that the staff was commended for my great experience. If I have anymore travel through Augusta in the future I will be sure to request staying at the Wingate. Thanks again.

1  Thank l0c0tez
Reviewed 25 May 2011

the staff was very helpful. Erica Dunn the front desk manager, Pamela Harris the breakfast attendant, the gm and I think her name is Tabitha. They all made sure me and the other soldiers of 345th CSH B. Co. had everything we needed during our stay. They were also giving us advice on where we could go for some fun.

Room Tip: The rooms are big and had everything I needed for.
Reviewed 25 May 2011

The entire process booking my group went very smooth. We were greeted by Erica, Which has a super personality. She went out of her way to make our entire stay great. The hotel General manager Liz Was excellent looking after all the guests.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

The 345th CSH has been treated with respect and the upmost hospitality. Any needs, or room situations were met with immediate response and resolve from the entire Wyndam Staff. The General management, Hotel Front Desk Manager Erica, along with maintenance and housekeeping have been great.

The breakfast is a real star for the property. I'm only a PFC, but if the decision is up to me, we will stay again.

smith,Mary

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My whole experience was superb, the associates attend to my every needs. The associates was on top of every thing from morning to night. Nothing should be improve because there were no flaws in this hotel. Erica Dunn was an excellent front desk manager, Pamela's breakfast was awesome and the GM was OUTSTANDING!!!!

Reviewed 29 March 2011

The staff was friendly upon check-in and were very helpful during our stay. The beds are ready for an update as my wife and I kind of rolled to the middle due to the sagging. While it appears that the owner is trying to spruce up the hotel, some things like the lampshades have holes and are stained. Again, considering the rate I paid, I guess I can't expect the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Holiday Inn Augusta West
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta
Hyatt Place Augusta
Hyatt Place Augusta
#2 of 84 in Augusta

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Augusta West - Ft Gordon Area? Share your experiences!