“Poor breakfast but great staff”

Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #53 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 4 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Thank J.d. S
Mary S, Manager at Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 10 March 2014

First I would like to say thank you to every staff member from housekeeping on up to the owner for going out of their way to help me in many ways. I stayed in 2 different rooms which were both very clean. The hotel is 7 minites away from Fort Gordon, on a pocket off of the main road so it was nice and quiet. Not very far from main shopping centers and restaraunts. The hdtvs and staff kept me in great company. Now for my personal experience: I was hard pressed to find any room available in neighboring hotels due to an influx of Crew workers in town making repairs after a damaging ice storm. Also the masters golf tournament has rooms booked out well in advance. This was the only hotel out of the 5 neighboring that went out of their way to pull strings to make room for me during this booming time of business. They made me feel at home, keeping me company during my week long stay, providing excellent advice, service and assistance. Never have i had a group of people care about me in such an honest way. Twice i had left items in my room after my time and on both occassions the items were waiting for me in their lost and found. Breakfast was always readily available and on time. Even though i was staying alone i didnt even notice with the kind hearts of so many staff surrounding me with warm conversation and words of encouragement. Marika, patrick, gina, rich, and harry i give you all my most sincere thanks and appreciation for your services and open arms. I couldnt have ever gotten set up here with my wife in augusta without you.

• Stayed: March 2014
Harry M, General Manager at Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We really apreciated all of your comments and nothing is more satisfying and knowing our customer service is leaving such a big impact on our guests.

It was our pleasure to serve you and knowing we took care of all your your needs. I will definitely inform every staff member of your review.

Please come and see us again whenever your travels allow you to stop in.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had the privilege of spending 8 and half days in a suite at Ramada Augusta. It was a blessing we are still talking about. This is an older hotel - convenient to everywhere location, super clean, quiet with a welcoming and experienced staff. The Manager and his employees were extremely friendly and professional. Everyone was helpful and smiling even though personally they possibly were without power also. We are telling everyone how wonderful our stay was while at this hotel when telling our "ice storm story of 2014"! We would highly recommend this hotel to ANYONE. Completely safe - quiet - clean - friendly staff and Manager. PLUS they did not price gouge. Thank you - thank you - thank you. We have your number in our phone as we choose your hotel over purchasing generators for the next power outage! See you then..............

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor at the end of the hotel - LOVED IT
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Harry M, General Manager at Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure for us to serve you.
We are all looking forward to see you again in the future. But hopefully under better circumstances.

Yes...everyone will remember the icestorm of 2014.

The Ramada Staff

Reviewed 19 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Mary S, Manager at Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here because it was convenient to the areaa that I was visiting, the Ramada name, and price for the room. The lady at the desk was pleasant enough. However, once I got to the room, I noticed that there were ROACHES EVERYWHERE. I went to ask for a refund and was told that I would have to wait until morning for that, but she would upgrade me to the suite. I took the upgrade and immediately checked for roaches again. There were no roaches, but the room was not exactly sanitary, either. There was food crumbs all in the cabinets and the refrigerator was filth. Being tired and having a kid with me that was tired, we decided to just stay there the night...I wish we would have just left. After taking my morning shower, I noticed PUBIC HAIR in the towel...enough pubic hair to make a small wig...IN THE TOWEL...like, woven into it.

This place is disgusting. I have no idea how they are open and using the Ramada name.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback concerning your stay at our property. We apologize deeply that you did not have a good experience during your stay and the issues you encountered have been addressed by the staff as strive to improve to accommodate all our guests needs and wants. Again, our sincerest apologies and hope that you will give the opportunity to show you that you can have a pleasant stay at our property.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was in a nice quite area, off the beaten path. however, nothing close by. So there is no foot traffic, which I liked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Harry M, General Manager at Ramada Limited Augusta/Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.

I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel. Unfortunately there are not very many restaurants in walking distance. One exit from the hotel, only 10min. away you will find many Dining Establishments.

Reviewed 25 October 2013