“Could use some sprucing up”

La Quinta Inn Augusta
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 13 May 2014

While the room was clean, the exterior of the property could use some sprucing up. Looks old & worn. The doormats outside the rooms were awful. Service was prompt & friendly. Very convenient location with lots of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Augusta

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Filthy floors, bad housekeeping service, too many complaints to list. I travel all over the country and seek out La Quinta hotels unless I am in Vegas splurging on high dollar rooms. I have NEVER had an experience at a La Quinta like I did at this one. AVOID AUGUSTA LA QUINTA at all costs. A parking place in front of the Dunkin Donuts would have been better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Yes we paid over the odds for the hotel but it was Masters week. Room was always clean, beds comfy & TV great.

Location for Augusta National was perfect,a stroll down the road & bar crawl back each evening & plenty of eating places on route too.

Deborah in reception you are a star,we enjoyed our morning chats & you are full of knowledge.

Thanks for two blokes visiting the golf it was perfect.

If I get lucky again with tickets we will use you again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed for couple weeks due to contract working, I had a wonderful stay no complaints. House Keeper was very friendly specially the ones been here for a long time. Maintenance was very professional we had move to another room but they made sure moving us was very convenient. Front Desk is professional as well. (Deborah) was very kind enough make our check out convenient. I will come again and recommend to all visitors and workers.

Room Tip: all rooms is great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Its an old hotel. The rooms are clean but very small. I had reserved a king size room, but when I arrived they only had smoking king rooms available so I was forced to take a room with two double beds. I also asked about a room with a fridge - but was told none were available.

The woman at the front desk was nice and tried to at least get a room on the ground floor for me. The hotel is built into a hill and has several buildings and a pool between several buildings. The rooms had very thin walls and it was noisy with people coming and going at 11 pm waking up my dogs and myself. All exterior doors - you can park in front of some rooms and not others.

The tub was strange and squishy and the shower head was set very low. I wonder if they just put one tub insert over another old one. I'm 5'6" and had to squat to wash my hair. It did have a single serve coffee maker and hair dryer. The AC in my room did not work

The breakfast was not much and I worried about food poisoning. Hard boiled eggs were pre packaged but just set on the counter - there was no refrigerator. So milk and yogurt were set in bowls of ice, not all of it in the ice -some just piled on top. There were pre packaged bagels and some bread and single serve cereal and that was it.

Because of a recent storm there were many workers staying at the hotel and they were loud. Standing outside of rooms and partying a bit. Also someone was doing car repair in the back parking lot. Several young men were riding their bikes around at 9:30 pm at night. None of this made me comfortable.

On a map it looked like an ok location with a Starbucks and Dunkin donuts in the front of the hotel. But in reality there was two other very cheap hotels next door, so the people in the area were a bit rough. Across the street and up a hill there looked to be several other better hotels.

The next morning I went to the front desk and told them about the AC unit not working and asked if we could be moved to a King room as we had reserved. Again I was told none were available. I was not sure if I wanted to stay another night and asked about a late check out - again I was told no. I didn't think that was very good customer service.

I did end up finding a fantastic hotel about 20 min east called the White Columns that I would highly recommend, and it was only $5 more.

Room Tip: If you have dogs, the only grass is behind the back building - and up a steep hill. Keep your dog...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

First room placed in had the same problem as a year before. The exterior window was still cracked and latch would not lock. Moved to another room upper level and window cracked. Internet did not work. Hotel is filthy and all staff have bad attitudes. Breakfast is nasty and very generic. Very loud partying of guest throughout the night was reported but did not stop. Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Shea A
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff, comfy beds. However, where is the Microwave and fridge? I am a diabetic and have to store my insulin in a refrigerator or cooler. I choose my hotels based on this, and they do not have them. Had to get the ice bucket and make it to a cooler. Like most LQ's the "Bright Side" breakfast bar has gone the way of the dodo bird. That is, no hot food other than those waffles, but this place did not even meet that level. At 7:10 AM the buffet consisted of 1 Bagel, 2 slices of bread, some cereal, juice and coffee. No waffle cooker, no boiled eggs, not even a muffin. Wow, I had more to eat in my car. LQ needs to up their game on the buffet or just forget about it, and drop it. They do not want to support it, but they still advertise it as a reason to stay with them. But somebody at the Texas office needs to get it together, it is slapping you in the face...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business