“Perfect for Six Flags”

Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is a clean, no frills hotel that is perfect for anyone going to Six Flags. The rooms were large and the beds were reasonably comfortable. (Of course, the room may have just seemed large because the beds were only doubles and not queens.) It's only 2 floors, but there is no elevator. We had a refrigerator & microwave in our room, so since we were so close to Six Flags, we came back to our room midday to eat lunch which saved us a lot of money. The staff was polite and helpful whenever we needed anything. The free breakfast was somewhat disappointing: 2 cereals, packaged honey buns, bread/toast, waffle maker, coffee, juice, and milk. But overall we were pleased with our stay and would stay there again if going to SF.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank doriebrooke

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Good price, close distance. Bad smell & limited offerings.

I spend a lot of time in Austell visiting my favourite Six Flags park. The Econo Lodge is quite close- about a five minute walk from the front door to the main entry gate at the park. The staff was beyond friendly and very helpful with accommodating my needs, particularly that I cannot use stairs (I've got paralyzed legs). When I'd arrived at the property, the manager on duty noted that my room was on the second floor, and apologized that they did not have my room ready when I checked in. A room was quickly made and cleaned for my needs in about 20 minutes, which I cannot complain about.

The breakfast treats being offered were not quite what I was expecting. Variety was not quite there- but the hot waffles were nice. A broader selection of items (add in oatmeal, a broader selection of breads/pastries/muffins, fresh fruit) and it would be nice. The caretaker was always cleaning something- which I can appreciate- as well as refilling the limited items they did have in stock. However there were long lines for the single waffle maker, something I think my timing on contributed to.

The room was very quiet, but the interior was a bit drab and dreary. As it is an Econo Lodge, I can't fault the owners for that, but I think some personal touches would make it a better room- lighten up the decor, add more lighting & re-arrange the furniture to prevent the darkness & layout issues. And then there was the smell: The smell was knock-you-over bad- even for a smoking room. I'd say that this was normal, but it was not. It is a sign of an air conditioner filter that was not fully working and in dire need of replacement. A quick trip to get a can of lysol was in order, and it was used to help eliminate the stale smell. Overall, one did get used to it quickly- but I'd check the A/C filter quickly.

Overall for a budget motel this one did quite nicely for my needs & requirements. A few updates, some personal touches & broader offerings would be a nice plus to have. The staff were excellent overall, and went above & beyond for me.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing away from the interstate. You will appreciate this in the early morning hours...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The outside of the building is a little rough, but the inside was great. Clean room and lobby, free wifi, nice front desk lady and a quite room. You can tell this hotel has an owner who cares about the place. Great value!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2013

If you can stand lumpy / hard beds, obvious but not agressive hooking, and tolerable uncleanliness, then this is likely the best value for west ATL.

I-20 gets you into the city easily and quickly. There's a Waffle House 5 minutes away. Six Flags is walking distance (non-guests pay $5 to park in the lot for the day).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are exposed to daylight-quality flood lights all night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Not the best hotel- but its perfect, because it sits next to six flags, and free parking- the thrills here- the basic set up, microwave, frig, and a bed to rest your head, after all the fun you had at six flags. its walking distance from the park- and the gas station sits right in front of the hotel- and the highway sits in front of the gas station- what else can you ask for- everything is with a 5 minute walk or less- need i say more? it Fits Its Need because its a perfect location! nuff said!

Room Tip: keep you car parked at hotel for free- and walk to the six flags park- you will save yourself over 2...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We came in late Friday the 12th, left Monday the 15th, the staff are excellent, extremely friendly, they go out of their way to make you comfortable and happy. The rooms are very clean, weekend breakfast is really good, walking distance to Six Flags, the price is reasonable and they are security conscientious. I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone especially families. Thank you to all the staff for making our trip a pleasant one!!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank LisaJFla
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The halls kinda smelled, the rooms were alright but had an odor also, in order to iron your clothes u had to ask the front desk for the iron n board which u can't detach it from the board so it's kinda hard to iron ur clothes. But it was only a block if that from the front gate.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank VeroTheGoddess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
2 mi away
#122 of 173 in Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags

Been to Econo Lodge At Six Flags? Share your experiences!