“Worst Experience Ever- Keep off!”

Super 8 Austell/Six Flags
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I checked in to this hotel on a Thursday for 3 nights. The lady at the reception told me the total cost for 3 nights was $246.00 for 3 nights, which I later thought was a bit expensive given the condition of the rooms (ants on the wall near my bed and a dirty shower curtain). She promised to give a receipt on check-out. When I was checking out, after 3 horrible nights, there was a different lady at the front desk, who issued a receipt for $ 161.00. Upon inquiring why she was giving me a receipt for a lesser amount, she said as far as she could see in the computer, that's what I had paid, and proceeded to give me a number to call the manager on Monday (the following day). The manager promised to get back to me. He never did, and when I called back 5 days later, he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, and rudely proceeded to tell me he has only two hands and over 100 rooms and therefore can not remember everything. It was obvious he had not investigated the matter, so after a few minutes he tells me he had "viewed the videos" and I was not overcharged. Really! When I said I was going to take action, he said I could do whatever I wanted and that he did not care!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would never go to this hotel again and really deserve a refund from our experience trying to resolve our problems which I was not allowed to do without consent from the manager to change our room, said manager nowhere in existence

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Georgeanne Mall... M
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

the bathroom had something yellow on the walls, I had key issues & when I went to the front desk, the guy was high on something & had 2 girls hanging in the back room with him. There are no words as to how uncomfortable the bed was and when I pulled the sheet up to see what was sticking me in the back, there was a big hole in it with a broken nail clipper in it. I took pics & showed the manager. He didn't do anything.

Room Tip: Can't think of one
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting Six Flags Over Georgia. Thank god it was only for one night. We were located right across from the park, which was only a short distance away. The people at the front desk were courteous and checking in was a simple and efficient procedure. The rooms had a general odor to them that made me somewhat ill. Our mattresses were very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. If it wasn't for sleeping pills, it probably would have taken me hours to fall asleep. The TVs were absolutely terrible, old and nasty things with staticy screens. The channel selection listed on the card next to the TV wasn't too bad... but only a few of them actually worked. Most of the channels were nothing but a blue screen and some were duplicates. The bathroom looked old and the shower head was far too powerful, but at least there was warm water. I did not go swimming, but some of my other family members did and they were reportedly unimpressed with the pool. All in all, a pretty bad experience. If you're desperate for a cheap hotel, then this is the place for you. If you want quality, look elsewhere. This hotel should only be used by the truly desperate.

Room Tip: Having a room on the bottom floor is a good option if you're not a fan of walking too much.
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We only stayed one night and I wasn't expecting the greatest but was a lite disappointed that the bathroom still had an old bar of soap stuck to the side of the tub, we had No shower curtain and the tv reception was pretty bad. I did use my rewards for a free night, so at least I didn't pay for the room. It served its purpose for a one night stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The bathroom was not clean. Paint on the tub was coming off. The walls & shower curtain were molded.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
#5 of 9 in Austell
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
#8 of 9 in Austell
#121 of 173 in Atlanta
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West...
#5 of 12 in Lithia Springs

Been to Super 8 Austell/Six Flags? Share your experiences!