“Crack House....”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Austell
Greenville, North Carolina
“Crack House....”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is terrible. The reviews I read prior to reserving a room were too nice. We (a family of four) got there at night and the front desk clerk was on his cell phone. We had to wait about 5 mins to get a hello. Then he told us the wrong way to get to our room, for starters. Along the long walk, we saw three different people who looked like they live there. Room chairs pulled out into the breezeways and hanging over the railing talking with people in the parking lot..etc. Once we opened our door, the smell of cat urine hit me in the face and made my eyes water. We called Hotels.Com to cancel our reservation from the room and they attempted to call the front desk. They couldn't get through...they got a message that the hotel phone was not longer in service! My husband walked into the front office and the desk clerk was still on his cell. My husband handed the clerk our cell phone with Hotels.com waiting on the other end and the manager told the CSR that the hotel phones had been temporarily disconnected! What hotel has disconnected phones??!! We got it all canceled and money refunded and stayed up the road a bit and paid more...but it was well worth it. You have been warned! I also wouldn't waste my time ever again with Hotels.com bc you don't get a good representation of the hotel without calling yourself. At least with a phone call, you can determine if their phones work!

Room Tip: Dont stay here anywhere here...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank V P
christyfh, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2014
On behalf of the staff we want to thank you for doing a agues survey so that we may better serve you in the future. we do regreat that you had a bad experience at our property. we are doing everything to make sure the quality of our property can be up to the name Quality.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mississippi
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was sitting in the lobby of this hotel on Saturday June 28, 2014 waiting on a load of laundry to finish. A black gentleman came in and told the desk clerk his key for room 203 wasn't working. The clerk told him that he had been checked out that morning. The man was puzzled and said that he had paid for two days, he'd been at Six Flags all day and was soaked, tired and just wanted to go to his room. The clerk (Bill) said that they had a large group coming in tonight and there were no more rooms and the hotel had issued him a refund for the second night. The man was furious and said he lived 50 miles away, that's why he booked the room for two nights to enjoy the trip to Six Flags, not to drive home and by the way, he'd left things in the room...where were they? (That was never answered.) The clerk simply said that he was not on duty this morning, he didn't know why the man had been checked out and there were no more rooms available for tonight. The man asked for a receipt. The clerk said that since you booked online there is no receipt, but you have a zero balance. The man stormed out saying that this isn't right and I'll make sure you get a bad review for this. A few minutes later, the wife came in and got the same treatment. The clerk was unconcerned and distant to them. To say I was shocked at this is being subtle. The next day when I went to check out, I ask for a receipt and was told that since we booked online there were no receipts. I asked for a business card and was told they could come up with something if I really wanted it. As I was leaving Christi (?) said to come back and they would try to fix me up. I just kept walking. The room we stayed in was clean, the price was fair and it is close to Six Flags, but I would never recommend this place based on the way that couple was treated. It was disgraceful.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor. It is right next to an IHOP Restaurant that was very good.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SallieS
christyfh, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
On behalf of the entire staff we would like to apologize for any inconvience that you may have had during your stay here. We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out our guest survey so that we may better serve you. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was awakened at 5:30 am by itching hands and arms. Didn't know what was happening until I looked in the mirror and had bedbug bites everywhere. Immediately went to front desk to show desk clerk, who offered to move me, however this was already the 2nd that I was given (1st smelled like smoke). I just decided to get on the road and go to my next destination. I was supposed to get a call from the GM, which didn't happen. I had to call her and when I did she said that she had to get her pest control guy to check out the room to see if I was bitten at their property. 5 am and fresh bites, and they have to check it out? She said that she would call me back and that never happened, when I called back some woman said that she would have her call me, and the call still hasn't come. I am in some hotel at least 280 night a year and have achieved the highest reward level at several hotel chains (diamond elite for Choice Privileges), and in 50 years of hotel stays, I have been bitten by bedbugs 5 times. sadly, only 1 property did the right thing and treated me as a valued customer and not as some one trying to scam for a free room. Quality should be nowhere near the name of this hotel. I would never stay at this property again, there are too many hotels in the Atlanta area that would appreciate my business. The photos for this property are deceiving, so do yourself a favor and avoid this one.

Room Tip: If you stay, check for bedbugs. You would be better off not staying.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Leandrewtyson
On behalf of the staff we would like to apologize for any inconvience that you may have had during your stay. We want to thank you for filling out our guest survey so that we may better serve you in the future.
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was HORRIBLE. The staff was rude, the door locks were broken, the sheets and towels were stained and the furnishings were in a sorry state. If you have other options in the area, by all means use one of them.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gcrider900
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The first room was on the end in the back; no lights on property. That was scary. The toilet would not stop running. The second room was upstairs and not much better. Carpet was extremely stained, shower was peeling paint, and smelled like smoke even thou it was a nonsmoking room with cigarette burns in the comforter. Vert disappointed in this hotel. Would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Holnic
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel off of choice and the stress they give us on our rooms I would think they would be on there job once checked in I went to my room which was not clean and went back to front desk for another room got to second room which smelled of smoke and I asked for non smoking got to the third room had no towels was told they were in dryer I left for six flags and came back hours later to find out I still had no towels and checked my account to find out I was double charged for the room I barely wanted to pay the first payment for a room that is a mess carpets dirty lamp shades burned and needs to be replaced the entire hotel needs to do a major update

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank harris2cox
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Took 45 minutes to check in just me in line. Went to non-smoking room which stunk of smoke. Went back to desk got another room, better. Desk for computer work had no chair. Had to use chair from the table in room which was too low. Was supposed to stay 2 days here. In the morning I cancelled that and got another hotel nearby.

Room Tip: Stay away from hotels near six flags most are old and outdated.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BillyDienes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austell
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Six Flags Austell
Econo Lodge At Six Flags
Baymont Inn & Suites Lithia Springs Atlanta
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
Sleep Inn at Six Flags
#8 of 9 in Austell
Hampton Inn & Suites ATL-Six Flags
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West - Theme Park Area
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta West...
#4 of 11 in Lithia Springs

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!