“Good pub food, pinball and games”

My Parent's Basements
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I'm not a gamer or a much of beer drinker, but I can appreciate a good burger, beef or beet, and a classic pinball game. My family and I had a relaxing if warm and humid Sunday lunch after the farmers' market. Our waitperson seemed a little new to the job and the food took an hour or more to arrive, but it's hard to know why. But we ordered across the menu--jjburger with excellent bacon, beet burger, mac & cheese, shrimp poor boy, spinach & goat cheese salad, bbq kimchee, and more. All were judged very well prepared and most plates were clean in the end. I had an excellent cold-brewed coffee, and others went for a range of brews from the curated list of Georgia and eleswhere beers. I would have appreciated a 20 oz. Guinness, but I was driving.

If your in the Decatur-Avondale Estates, want a drink or a meal and maybe test your reflexes with the chrome ball or pick out a game, stop in. On a Sunday, you could go for breakfast and buy your weeks groceries in the parking lot next door at the farmers' market.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Awesome restaurant for beer, comics, food, arcade machines including amazing well kept pinball machines.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I was surprised with the interesting menu. I ended up having the vegetable plate, roasted beets, really good Mac and Cheese,small crisp salad and sautéed spinach for $10.50 I think. Other offerings were a beet burger, one at our table enjoyed. They had interesting salads,burgers, sandwiches, small plates a big variety. Everything was delicious and felt healthy though they had a tempting cheesesteak too.
Our server was helpful, friendly and efficient. We sat outside at the dog friendly patio under shade, not important today but in summer it would be.
I’m happy I discovered this gem. They also had brunch selections.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We were a group of four and each ordered something different for lunch. Chicken fingers, veggie burger, cheesy steak sandwich, hamburger. Choices of sides to go with these—fries, tater tots, salad. All very good. Surprisingly, there were cloth napkins. Very personable people on staff. Family friendly, outdoor dining. When it’s cold, two fireplaces will take off the chill, in summer, plastic flaps go up and semi al fresco dining. We saw folks reading comic books while waiting for their food or while dining. Dogs were permitted on the patio. Our only regret is that there was no gluten free bread.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Fantastic! Such a great, attentive staff. Mac & Cheese to die for.
Mucho cold beer, local brews and beyond.
Comics, Pinball, Board Games - Graphic Novels, Toys Oh My!!!
Beautiful patio outside for summer sipping and cozy fireplaces for winter warmups.
Fashioned like your parents basement, sometimes its nice to go where it feels like home.