“Takes a lot of time not to get near the grotto”
Review of Fern Grotto

US$111.35*
Kauai Waimea Canyon and Wailua River
Ranked #101 of 286 things to do in Kauai
More attraction details
Owner description: This fern-capped cave is a favorite wedding site.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Took the boat ride up (20 mins), sat at the dock listening to a guy sing and play guitar with a couple of hula dancers for another 20 mins, hiked up to the grotto and found you couldn't get within 30 yards of it. The guides sang the Wedding Song and we marched back to the boats for the 20 min ride back. Interesting path through the jungle with lots of different vegetation. If I had known in advance we probably wouldn't have done it.

2  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 30 July 2014

It's not one of Kauai's best attractions but for the money is okay. You get the boat tour, some dancing lessons, a short jungle walk, and the wedding dance show. I hear that you were able to go up to the cave before. That would have made it a bit more memorable.

1  Thank Barbalace
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Like many things on the Hawaiian Islands, the fear of liability has ruined this attraction. You can no longer approach the cave entrance because of rocks falling inside years ago. You get a boat ride up the river and a walk through the jungle, then you view the grotto and cave from 100' away. Save your money.

3  Thank JohnDuffyAK
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We took a river cruise and grotto visit with Roberts Hawaii. Once we got to the cave we got to take pictures and listen to the Hawaiian wedding song and dance. Seems we can no longer visit the cave
So to me it is not worth the visit

1  Thank andrep1
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I wasn't going to do this but then I went ahead and did it. I wish I didn't. It was a waste of money. Not much to see and not interesting at all. Money gone down the drain. I would only recommend doing this if you are super bored. You should instead go to the beach and relax

2  Thank Pooja P