A week here was given to us as a wedding gift from my godparents, so i can't really speak to the value aspect, but KBC seems to be standard hotel fare for the area.
I don't mean that as a knock at all. We had a very enjoyable time! What really stood out was the excellent service from everyone from the front desk, to the valet, to the waiters - all excellent.
As you read the other reviews, you'll see that the place is under a major renovation. The main entrance is closed and the first 5 floors as of the first week of November are still under construction - so ask for a room on the 7th floor or higher. They accomodated us, no problem.
There is the $25 daily fee, but it covers internet, washer/dryer and valet parking. Just enjoy the convenience. I don't see why people complain about this. If $25/day is going to break the bank for you, maybe you should vacation somewhere else; honestly.
The hotel is on the beach, but both days we hung out there it was too windy to lay on a towel (there are no hotel chairs allowed on the beach itself) and the sand doesn't cover the hard painful lava rock once you get in the water in many areas. You might want to go elsewhere if you are big beach people.
We didn't mind, though, as the pool is amazing with waterfall pools and a slide, hundreds of comfy chairs and very attentive waiters supplying you a steady stream of delicious $10 cocktails.
They don't really have a restaurant per se either, but the hotel bar food is excellent. There is also a burger joint and a pizza place next to it that. Oddly, everything closes at 10pm, though... even the bar!
Fortunately, right across the street is a grocery store (open until 2am), subway (open until 9pm) and a jazz bar that was definitely hopping last night at 10:30pm.
This is our first time staying at a timeshare - we had expectations, but I have to say, we loved it! We were never pressured into a presentation or anything like that, and having a fridge and a giant electric griddle (no stove/oven) was so awesome. It was nice to stock up at Walmart (or Costco if you are a member - both right next to airport) with food for the week to be able to make meals in our room every once and awhile.
The renovated rooms look totally fine, the highlight is probably the two 42" or 47" LCD's in the bedroom and living room (we had a 1br suite). The outside facade is pretty dated imo (pink stucco walls with turquoise ceramic tiling), but honestly, does that really matter to you?
All in all, we had an amazing time here at KBC. It's not truly a 5-star caliber hotel, but that's ok sometimes! We would recommend it to anyone in the future, and might actually consider a timeshare in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A breathtaking panorama awaits you at Ka'anapali Beach Club, a haven of a resort in a land that has perfected beauty. Located on Maui's western shore, Ka'anapali Beach Club promises to be one of the highlights of your chance of a lifetime getaway to Hawaii. If you're going to do Hawaii, you should do it right. By planning your stay at Ka'anapali Beach Club, you are creating the vacation of a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ka'anapali Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Anapali Beach Club Hotel Maui
- Ka Anapali Beach Hotel
- Ka Anapali Beach Resort
- Embassy Suites Maui Hawaii
- Kaanapali Beach Club Maui
- Ka'Anapali Beach Club Maui, Hawaii