“great ride”

and up
Historic Horseback Ride Lahaina
Ranked #106 of 491 Outdoor Activities in Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: We do horse trail riding. We do a AM ride, ck in is 8:30 AM. We do lunch ride, with complete fresh deli lunch. Ck in is 10:30 We do a sunset ride, which, because of the caring lengths of the days, ck. In changes throughout the year.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Loved Mary and Seth our guides. Very informative and friendly. Ride was great and appreciated the stop and water. Highly recommend this attraction.

1  Thank Darcy S
"trail mix"
in 5 reviews
"granola bars"

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to bring a family. Jessie was very knowledgeable and expert in horses. The mounts were well behaved, and good for anyone from beginner on up.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've never been on a horse before and this was a perfect experience for me as a beginner. Not only was I able to finally try horseback riding, but also enjoyed breathtaking views of Lahaina at sunset with a rainbow. And the ride was far from boring- we were going up and down hills and made a stop at a water reservoir. Jessie was our guide, and her and the other lady were both very friendly, warm, and informative. They made sure everyone had water and were even kind enough to take everyone's pictures on guests' phones, so everyone had their own pictures and didn't have to pay big bucks for it, which was a pleasant surprise. The horses tend to snack on the way, so it's important to keep their head up. Due to my lack of experience my horse was all over the place trying to eat grass and branches, which added some adrenaline to the experience :)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I took the lunch ride in May with Carrie. I had never ridden before and my husband rode all his life. We had 4 others in our group with varying experience. The instruction about how to ride was thorough, and as an inexperienced rider I felt very comfortable throughout the ride. Carrie was an excellent guide, making sure we all were comfortable, telling about the history of the island and taking care of the horses. I recommend Lahaina Stables on your trip to Maui. The scenery is beautiful, the staff is excellent, and you see a different side of Maui.