“Great for windsurfing! Beware of hazards!”
Review of Kanaha Beach Park

Fort Worth, TX
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great for windsurfing! Beware of hazards!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We visited this beach three times while in Maui for windsurfing lessons. There is a large homeless population who lives here but they weren't a problem. The feral cats and chickens were. Their feces littered the grass. I never went barefoot and changed my shoes before getting in the car. The beach is clean except for the pesky thorns dropped from overhanging trees. We wore water shoes while on the sand. There were porta toilets and water to wash equipement and feet. I would make sure nothing is visible inside your car. If you want to snorkel or swim, there are better beaches in Maui.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank travellustinggirl

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Kite surfer's dream”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I slept on the beach. I saw turtles come to shore at night. I watched people wind surf. I took photographs. I recommend camping out, barbecuing and/or playing volleyball on the sands. Lockers should be available as I overheard people complain of items being stolen. Leave belongings in a locked vehicle, or travel light;)

Visited October 2013
4 Thank GIJet
Kahului, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Strange campground”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We also tried to get there and it was first of all difficult to find, as there are no street-signs, where the campsite is located and when we arrived, there was a big family and other people, too, who seemed to live there.. Very strange atmosphere and we didn't feel very safe there, place was nasty, few greens and pretty loud because of the airport.., wouldn't recommend this campsite!
Although we already payed for to stay there, we refused.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Dabdudei
St. Paul, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beach that presented danger”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

What we thought would be an hour visit at the water, turned out to be about a 5 minute stop. We all got out of the car and a man came up to our vehicle and looked inside. Then he crouched next to our vehicle. Our party noticed and we quickly got back in the car and left. Would not recommend

5 Thank traveler21501
New Fairfield, Connecticut
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Surfing on Maui Made Easy!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I did a lot of research prior to your trip to Maui. Maui Beach Boys got awesome marks, so we booked a two hour group lesson for our family of 5. We were the whole group, as a group consists of 6 people. We showed up at 7:45 for our 8am lesson. I was a bit worried that the water would be cold at this hour, but not a problem at all. Perfect time to go, as the wind tends to pick up later on. Our instructor Carlos was Amazing!! He started us off with a dry land lesson, teaching us the basic movement of standing up. Then off to the water! He was an excellent instructor, who really took the time to give us all what we needed. The kids were up on their first run; my husband and I took a few tries to get our balance. But, we surfed on Maui!! Carlos puts his heart into teaching surfing, and really wants to see his students have fun and succeed. Thanks so much for today. Another must do excursion for your time on Maui.

Visited August 2012