“Great Pizza-Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“Great Pizza-Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

My husband and I ate at BJ's for lunch while we were in Lahaina and we were pleasantly surprised. The restauarant is located across the street from the ocean, but the view is unobstructed. We ordered a sausage and pepperoni pizza that was excellent. Since it was chicago style, we knew there would be large chunks of tomatoes, which neither of us partuclarly likes. We asked for the pizza with extra sauce and no tomatoes. We got it exactly as we ordered it. It was delicious! Now that we are back in Pennsylvania, my husband compares all of his pizzas to BJ's. He even took a picture of a slice so that he would remember what it looked like! If that isn't a standing ovation, I don't know what is!

2 Thank squashirt1

Livermore, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not your standard BJ's Pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2009

BJ's pizza was so-so...appetizers were crap (no spinach and artichoke dip with chips, just in the form of a pizza not in the form of chips which sucked because the chips & dip is our favorite there)...pizza was good with 1 of the 2 we ordered, good half bbq/combo, bad with the half veggie/sweet pig. I don't think i would go to this BJ's again, although we have had BJ's pizza in California and Florida and both are excellent. If i were in charge of the place, i would have to make a few changes because it just wasn't "classic" BJ's that you get on the mainland.

Aachen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best pizza we've had in Hawaii”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

My wife and I went to BJ's in Lahaina for an early dinner during our honeymoon in the middle of August 2008.

Both of us had a pizza (BBQ Chicken and Sweet Pig, or Hawaiian), and they were both excellent. Lots of ingredients, fine dough, one of the best pizzas I've had. Prices are a little high, but given the size of the pizzas and the general price level in Maui, we could not really complain afterwards. My medium pizza served me for two full days.

We were sitting on the balcony. Atmosphere was ok, with a view out onto the street and the ocean. Decorations and service were not adequate for the place - don't expect anything fancy.

Overall, if you are in Maui and are looking for a good deep dish pizza, definitely consider BJ's. It might not be the prettiest restaurant ever, but the pizza will make the stay worthwile.

Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go to BJs....really”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2007

Skip this place. This is not Gino's from Chicago. The service is borderline rude. We ate in and service and waiting time unreasonable(even for deep dish pizza). I would say the staff is "indifferent". We are from NY and used to a wide variety of serivce. This was the worst dining experience in our 13 days in Maui. We tried ordering take out 6 days later. DON'T DO THIS!!. It is a painful experience. Vinnie's Pizza is average pizza, but thier service is terrific and they try hard to please. Again, skip BJs when in Maui. The review books were 98% accurate....remember to skip this place. If you enjoy tourist spots...this is your place. Overpriced, average food, and questionable service by employees. Do I need to say more?

Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Good Pizza, Dirty Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2007

The pizza at this restaurant is on par with great chicago pizza, however, the atmosphere and furnishings probably haven't been changed or cleaned since 1982. If you don't mind sticky seats and an "old smell" and love great pizza this is the place for you. Also premium beer was comparatively expensive at 6.00 for a Newcastle.