“terrible- walk on by”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Huntington Beach, California
“terrible- walk on by”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The food here was terrible and so was the service. I can't believe this place is still open, especially when it has the Maui Brewing Company next door. Don't confuse this with a Stewart Anderson Black Angus steakhouse. It's not affiliated

Visited June 2013

Aston, Pennsylvania
“Best King Crab Legs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great dinner. Good cocktails and wonderful King Crab Legs. My wife had Shrimp Scampi. Wonderful wait staff.

Visited April 2014
Lahaina, Hawaii
“The business should be called worm angus.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Made a reservations. Got there and they gave our table away. Got our food and we found live worms in the vegetables..

• Visited March 2014
“Burn me once, shame on you... Burn me twice, shame on me!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

First visit here was a disaster! However, it was in October of 2011. My husband and I visited and we ordered food. It literally took over 2 hours for our food to arrive. When it did, my order was WRONG! My salad was a wilted quarter of a head of lettuce. The chicken that came, of which I ordered a steak, Haha, smelled almost rotten or something. The "manager" didn't even offer to take it back or correct the issue and instead blamed me and said I must have ordered incorrectly. We were floored. Nothing was removed from our bill. Neither my husband nor I could even eat our food because of the quality. We had to pay the bill because we were threatened and we left. Well, here I go, February of 2014. I was going to go to Maui Brew next door but they were slammed and I saw a sign next door for a sirloin steak special. Here I go, thinking that it has "had" to have changed by now. Plus, I'm flying solo and shouldn't have to wait very long. I walk right up to the hostess and ask for a table and I'm told it's a minimum 30 minute wait but there isn't even anyone in there. Tables open galore! Only the bar is slightly busy. So, I ask about sitting there and she says that I can and that there is no wait. I sit at a booth and I wait... and wait.... and wait.... The female bartender doesn't give me a second glance. Men came in and she assisted them, very quickly. More men walked in.... assisted again. I decided to go sit AT the bar instead. Then I wait... and wait... and wait.... Same story, different location. This time two "local" women and a man come in, literally sit right next to me and are assisted immediately. She knew their names and they were chatting up a storm. After 35 minutes of this (yes, I really wanted a steak and a baked potato), I go back to the hostess and tell her my situation. Her response? "Well, I told you we are super busy and I can put your name on the list. It will be at least a 30 minute wait!" Needless to say, I walked out of there, without a word. Just floored. Black Angus corporate should pull the plug on this location ASAP.

• Visited February 2014
Kahului, Hawaii
“Awful, overpriced...should be shut down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Terrible! Laughable!
--"dinner roll" served on lovely breadboard w/cup of butter: it was not fresh or warm!
--petite filet mignon...anorexic, tiny, short (as in not thick or tall), tasted like regular steack, which I suspect it was. Size of a thick slice of tomato!'
--bok choi vegetable...inedible...it was rotten and limp before they over cooked it! LOLOL
--$10 glass of the recommended wine with my steak...Pinot Noir...are you ready for this? SERVED CHILLED. I thought I was losing my mind. I even googled Pinot Noir to make sure I was correct that it should be served at room temp...I was right...when she came back (I was never asked how my food was...she'd probably learned not to ask questions you don't want the answer to) I said, "I was surprised that the Pinot was served chilled" Her: "Oh it's not chilled" Me: Really? The glass is covered with condensation...I've had chardonnay's served perfectly and they were warmer" Her, "She likes to serve them 'at wine cellar temps'" Me: This came out of the fridge, and she doesn't have any business decanting $10 glasses of wine. Her: I'll get you one more at room temperature (she comes back with a glass that is merely cold and not icey, LOLOL!)
--butter for bread (it was sourish...it had 'gone over'"
--baked potato, LOLOL...also apparently petite! The butter AND sour cream had 'gone over' and should never have been served.
-I was simply starving, having had a Kale/Macadamia/Blue Cheese salad for lunch...and I ate everything except the rotten piece of Bok Choi, and I left very hungry!

My meal was $29 and I tipped 20% for a total of $36 for one person at 5 pm on a Friday...so much for my date night out with myself.

These people are only keeping their doors open because of tourists who think the name Black Angus, formerly a great brand in California, will be good. Tourists don't need to come back for you to make your money off them. Too bad! Please don't eat here.

(Oh, the prime rib...it looked awful. The table across from me ordered it and although she had claimed she was 'starving' she ate very little of it and they asked her to take it away...didn't even wrap it up into a go box! I guess their dogs are back at home while they are on vacation.

• Visited March 2014