“Sea Turtles are wonderful”
Review of Honokeana Bay

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I took my 4 year old son out snorkeling to see the turtles. We were beside Massive 200+lb Turtle and my son was more interested in the tiny striped fish! Lol. Simply a wonderful place. I was surrounde by 15 turtles at one point. They are very used to peope, its like your not even there. Definitely worth checking out!

3  Thank 45,598,883

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My girlfriend and I went snorkeling in the bay today looking for turtles. We saw a couple before we even got in. HUGE turtles. Great experience and apparently they are always there. Great 'secret' location. Most people are in the other bay on the other side of 'The Gazebo' (which is also amazing). Would recommend to anyone. Guaranteed turtles.

3  Thank Justin N
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at the Napili Point condos, and we looked out onto Honokeana Bay. We saw numerous turtles all day, every day. There were also many snorkelers too, but no one seemed to be harassing them. It is against the law to touch them, although if you're not careful, you could back into one! There are that many! They are amazing to watch in and out of the water. The cove also has an amazing variety of fish to see too. We didn't need to go anywhere else to snorkel while on Maui!

3  Thank Cdninak
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Can you say turtles!!!!! Yes they live here, but please respect these gentle giants, I saw people trying to touch them and generally harras them i was so mad. sooo please give them space they are protected by law and there is a large fine for this behaviour.

6  Thank carOlyn51_11
Reviewed 2 February 2009

In August 2008, my family and I spent ten days in Maui, staying near by to Honokeana Bay. This small bay is just around the point to the left of Napili Bay and is a gorgeous snorkeling spot. Although it can get silty, making it hard to see you can't miss the numerous sea turtles that are in the bay. But be careful, these lovely creatures rise straight up from their resting places on the bottom and they will come right up underneath you.

Getting in and out of the water can be tricky as most of this bay is surrounded by rocks. You have to time your slide into the water with the motions of the waves, but an small inlet with a natural rock seat makes it easier.

Not recommended for little kids.

6  Thank rmkahn