Log Spirit Bed and Breakfast
US$139
US$108
Rodeway Inn(Coeur d'Alene)
US$58
Super 8 Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)
US$78
US$65
US$62
Ramada Coeur d'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)
US$75
US$73
Quality Inn & Suites(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$109
Best Western Plus Coeur D'Alene Inn(Coeur d'Alene)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$122
US$110
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Coeur D'Alene(Coeur d'Alene)
US$65
Motel 6
  • Pool
All reviewsb bquilt retreatsilverwood amusement parklog homecrackling fireplacequiltingtubssandpointlake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2008

While the place was beautiful, our 3 night stay (which we ended up leaving on the last night) turned into somewhat of a nightmare for us even after we got home. I am only addressing what I feel are the main issues here....

When we got there we were greeted by Lew who had been drinking a beer. While I have no problem with having a beer he ALWAYS had one with him except for in the morning at breakfast. In any case, we arrived only to find we did not get the room I had specially reserved for my family. I told Lew this and he said it was the room I reserved and then changed his mind and said he would give us the room we requested. However I knew I hadn't requested the room he mentioned either. Unfortunately I had left the conformation at home and it wasn't until then that I could prove it.

The first mornings breakfast was good and conversation flowed among the guests, but Lew kept making comments about the kids not eating what was prepared. He was very sarcastic and I felt totally inappropriate for a host who is getting paid whether or not everyone eats everything on their plates. There were a total of 4 children under the age of 10 and 2-3 over that. I knew the other parents were not happy with the remarks he was making and one couple mentioned so when we ran into them at Silverwood. If you are going to allow children at a B & B, then serve something that they would eat too, not something fancy for adults.

The next morning Lew offended my husband when we came out for breakfast to where my husband refused to stay out there and eat. Robin had heard what Lew said and came up to me and asked if Lew had offended him and tried to justify it. We decided to leave that night after the theme park closed and not to deal with any more from Lew the next morning at breakfast.

When we got home I discovered my husband had packed the lodges striped towels and not ours that I had brought with us. An honest mistake, I emailed Robin right away and let her know we had them and I would get them back ASAP. She was relieved as she said they were frantically looking for them and didn't have a clue where they would have gone.

Little did we know I would have kidney stones by that evening that took 5 weeks to pass. During this very painful time, I received several impatient emails from Robin requesting the towels and "was I going to keep them and make them buy a new set or what" and though she did end up sending me a prepaid box to send them back to her, I couldn't drive because of the pain shows I was getting while waiting for the stones to pass.

In a few weeks time I received letter from Robin letting me know my credit card had been charged for the towels. I emailed Robin and let her know that what she did was not legal and also how we felt about our visit there. I let her know I not been honest enough to email her in the first place and tell her we had the towels, she wouldn't have been the wiser. In the end after our money was refunded for the towels, but we were not apologized to for Lews behavior, the wrong room or offered our money back for leaving one night early or any compensation for not having the right room to begin with. ALso, when you are told that they provide futons for the kids, they are not futons, they are more like mats you would have your daycare kids sleep on at naptime, though a bit thicker. They lay on the floor, not on a frame like a futon or at least any futon I have seen.

Stayed: August 2007
6  Thank Leesie2008
Reviewed 14 June 2006

Drove 5 1/2 hours to arrive with a friendly welcome and tour of the facility. Reserved the Midnight room with the private jacuzzi outdoors which was the best part of the stay! The breakfast one morning was eggs benedict with a peach rhubarb crisp for appetizer fresh pressed apple cider and another fruit juice, coffee, or tea. The second morning was strawberry shortcake, fried battered apples-apple fritters, cranberry and chocolate chip scones, and ham with juice, coffee, or tea.

Unfortunately Robin and Lew scheduled the local open house for the same weekend as well as an afternoon tea the next day, so they seemed rather harried and overbooked. Robin also operates her own salon down the street as a second full-time job in addition to being a full-time BNB hostess. While the facility and grounds are peaceful and relaxing with no TVs or phones in rooms, this weekend felt like the center of a three ring circus with the guests being one show, the open house another, and the tea time a third show all running simultaneously. Even other guests pitched in to help prepare for the open house and tea time. As guests of the facility, we felt time would've been better managed if they closed the accommodations to focus on the local events or rescheduled the open house and tea time during a more vacant weekend as only one of the five rooms was unoccupied during our stay... a pretty full house!

Robin says she's the tornado, while Lew is the Breeze. While the metaphor suits the owners, not sure the message to the guests is appropriate for a relaxing peaceful getaway. We felt rather swept up in the hassles and a little in the way as well.

We approached Robin for a coupon/voucher for drinks to a local Rib Ranch where her brother is a chef, on another guest's recommendations. In the midst of her chaos planning and baking for other events we felt ignored and left without the coupon, but rather an invitation to come back for 4 course turkey dinner at $20 per person that night. Rather than return to chaos, we chose the Rib Ranch and were pleasantly surprised.

Upon our return for the night, we asked for directions to another local destination to which the owners defered to another guest again, perhaps another unwelcome interruption.

The facility is a simple, rustic log cabin surrounded by a covered porch, irises, a herbal garden, and a cascading water fountain out front. The rooms are pleasant, the bathrooms basic with a toilet squeezed uniquely sideways between a chest of drawers, sink, tub/shower, and teriffic views of the constellations from the private outdoor jacuzzi which needed some maintenance as the bubbles weren't working. The library stashed with books, videos, and games, and a piano and karaoke machine offered some entertainment.

Though I'm sure none of the problems were intentional, the owner's preoccupation to an additional agenda during our stay contributed to a less than ultimate experience. Not quite the peaceful relaxing getaway we expected.

11  Thank BahaneAnda